Sore throat?

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Sore throat?

Post by bristleposh » 13 Oct 2018, 08:06

Now I have a sore throat, not a vapour trail in site, must have been those six pints of San Miguel I had whilst watching England play.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Post by ashman » 13 Oct 2018, 09:10

You actually watched it?? :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Oct 2018, 12:54

ashman wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 09:10
You actually watched it?? :shock:
An excuse to drink copious amounts of alcohol

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 13 Oct 2018, 13:34

Very unusual match to watch. No crowd, apart from a few Brits standing on a hillock nearby, and 19 white players on the pitch. Half decent game which England should have won. Strange that Croatia were penalised for having a swastika on the pitch whereas a near neighbour was allowed to call their team Red Star.
Last edited by Poshay on 13 Oct 2018, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

matt404

Post by matt404 » 13 Oct 2018, 13:35

gazwilwah wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 18:53
And don't forget about the spinning ball of water where people walk and drive uspide down on it whilst its shooting around the middle of nowhere.
Please put us out of our misery and tell us what’s REALLY going on.

In the meantime, I have some questions that hopefully you can explain to me:
If the earth is flat, how come all the water doesn’t flow off of the side?
If the earth is flat, how come no one has ever found the edges? What do the edges look like?
If the earth is flat, why does it appear as a globe from space and at different times, different parts of the world are visible?
If the earth is, how does the day and night cycle work?
If the earth is flat, how do seasons happen?

Thanks in advance.
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Oct 2018, 14:23

Our fishing correspondent will be back to answer those and other wonders of the universe.

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 13 Oct 2018, 23:04

matt404 wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 13:35
gazwilwah wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 18:53
And don't forget about the spinning ball of water where people walk and drive uspide down on it whilst its shooting around the middle of nowhere.
Please put us out of our misery and tell us what’s REALLY going on.

If the earth is flat, how come all the water doesn’t flow off of the side? - I QUESTION WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD EARTH IS, THATS IT.
If the earth is flat, how come no one has ever found the edges? What do the edges look like? NO IDEA.
If the earth is flat, why does it appear as a globe from space and at different times, different parts of the world are visible? ALL NASA PHOTOS FROM SPACE ARE PHOTOSHOP COMPOSITS AND THEY ADMIT THEY DON'T HAVE AN ACTUAL GENUINE PHOTO OF EARTH.
If the earth is, how does the day and night cycle work? NO IDEA
If the earth is flat, how do seasons happen? NO IDEA

Thanks in advance.
NO PROBLEM

matt404

Post by matt404 » 13 Oct 2018, 23:45

gazwilwah wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 23:04
matt404 wrote:

If the earth is flat, how come all the water doesn’t flow off of the side? - I QUESTION WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD EARTH IS, THATS IT.
If the earth is flat, how come no one has ever found the edges? What do the edges look like? NO IDEA.
If the earth is flat, why does it appear as a globe from space and at different times, different parts of the world are visible? ALL NASA PHOTOS FROM SPACE ARE PHOTOSHOP COMPOSITS AND THEY ADMIT THEY DON'T HAVE AN ACTUAL GENUINE PHOTO OF EARTH.

Thanks in advance.
NO PROBLEM
May I recommend you take a look at SciManDan on YouTube. He debunks flat Earth theories based on scientific evidence.

Thanks.

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 14 Oct 2018, 12:23

matt404 wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 23:45
gazwilwah wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 23:04
matt404 wrote:

Thanks in advance.
NO PROBLEM
May I recommend you take a look at SciManDan on YouTube. He debunks flat Earth theories based on scientific evidence.

Thanks.
Scientific evidence? or word salad and numbers? , the laws of natural science shows us how water behaves on Earth. Yeah i know about Scimandan from watching Del at theimaginarycurve, but you cannot debunk reality, you know that water always finds its own level yeah?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Oct 2018, 12:47

As does intelligence

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 14 Oct 2018, 13:04

I can prove water has to be contained and will always level out, you can prove that to. Nobody can show us water sitting on a ball flowing around it this way and that can they? water at any size or level does not have the ability to curve its not possible, without actual physical evidence you have a theory, you have a beleif and a faith like any religion or cult.

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Oct 2018, 14:56

gazwilwah wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 13:04
I can prove water has to be contained and will always level out, you can prove that to. Nobody can show us water sitting on a ball flowing around it this way and that can they? water at any size or level does not have the ability to curve its not possible, without actual physical evidence you have a theory, you have a beleif and a faith like any religion or cult.
Simple. It's contained by gravity.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

dunc

Post by dunc » 14 Oct 2018, 15:19

Precisely - the pull of the earth's gravity far outweighs any effect that water might have around a ball

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 14 Oct 2018, 17:19

ashman wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 14:56
gazwilwah wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 13:04
Simple. It's contained by gravity.
So gravity pulls the oceans towards the Earth? so why do clouds not get pulled towards the ground? birds? butterflies? I would say things fall to the ground because they are heavier than the air.

matt404

Post by matt404 » 14 Oct 2018, 18:09

Clouds do fall to the ground. It’s called rain.

When water heats up it evaporates. As we know, know hot air rises. As it rises it cools the further up the air is the thinner it is, so the water loses the heat which made it evaporate and the it condenses back to water, where simplistically, it forms a cloud. When so much water condenses it becomes too heavy for the air to hold and drops back to the earth in the form of rain.

Honestly, I would invest in a GCSE science book. So many of these unexplained phenomena can be er, explained.