Wimbledon v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

dunc

Re: Wimbledon v Posh

Post by dunc » 12 Mar 2019, 23:08

I would rather be in Blackpool's position than ours!
A new momentum following the ousting of the previous owners ....
A good home following .....
And they still have us to play at their place!

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 12 Mar 2019, 23:08

tonyp wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 23:03
Blackpool 1-1 Doncaster
Charlton 2-1 Burton

5...Charlton played 37 ..points 66
6...Doncaster played 36 points 56
7...Posh played 37.........points 55
8...Blackpool played 37. points 53

We can still do it. But so can Blackpool and it's looking more like Doncaster.
Don't make me laugh!

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 13 Mar 2019, 00:24

Woeful absolutely woeful, blame Fergie & DMac all you want but this bunch of talentless gutless clowns was assembled by the fraud and even Zidane couldn’t coach this lot.

Bennet, Cooke, Lafferty, Dempsey, Reed, Naismith etc shouldn’t even be anywhere near a United Counties League side let alone a team trying to get promoted to the Championship.

That said, it was never ever ever a penalty in a zillion years. Absolutely comical decision but yet another dreadful referee.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 13 Mar 2019, 00:45

pleasureboy60 wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 23:08
tonyp wrote:

Don't make me laugh!
What's making you laugh then?
We can still do it. or
so can Blackpool or
it's looking more like Doncaster.

One of the three is going to make the play-offs.
Being happy never goes out of style

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 13 Mar 2019, 02:26

Never a penalty tonight. Nor a sending off. We were denied a penalty a little earlier as well. Useless tool of a referee.

Oh well. Onto Saturday. Would still rather a million Fergie’s than Evans at the helm.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 13 Mar 2019, 08:48

tonyp wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 00:45
pleasureboy60 wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 23:08
tonyp wrote:

Don't make me laugh!
What's making you laugh then?
We can still do it. or
so can Blackpool or
it's looking more like Doncaster.

One of the three is going to make the play-offs.
You forgot to mention Coventry! There are also in the mix especially after they get three more points on Saturday. I said all along we will finish 8th.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 13 Mar 2019, 09:09

pleasureboy60 wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 08:48

You forgot to mention Coventry! There are also in the mix especially after they get three more points on Saturday. I said all along we will finish 8th.
Yes I did. but I didn't't expect them to get 3 points last night and I don't expect them to get any on this coming Saturday.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30125&p=453690#p453690

Only my opinion.
Being happy never goes out of style

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 13 Mar 2019, 12:32

poshnipper wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 02:26
Never a penalty tonight. Nor a sending off. We were denied a penalty a little earlier as well. Useless tool of a referee.

Oh well. Onto Saturday. Would still rather a million Fergie’s than Evans at the helm.
Absolutely spot on. The Refereering standards in League 1 are deteriorating quickly.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 14 Mar 2019, 20:11

Brianposh wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 12:32
poshnipper wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 02:26

Absolutely spot on. The Refereering standards in League 1 are deteriorating quickly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5vK-gadDT0

First. Penalty they got a disgrace.
Second. Red card wrong and now overturned.
Third. Toney not offside WHEN THE SHOT WAS HIT.
Fourth. Tomlin certainly looks like he was caught so bearing in mind the softness of their pen we should have got one.

Brian you are so right.

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Mar 2019, 20:48

✅ APPEAL WON | The football club have won the appeal against the red card issued to
@RhysBeno91
in Tuesday night’s game at
@AFCWimbledon
. He was sent off for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity in the 86th minute that led to the match-winning penalty. #pufc

BUT!!

Peterborough have been charged by the Football Association with failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.
More: (link: https://bbc.in/2XXuV3f) bbc.in/2XXuV3f
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 14 Mar 2019, 22:59

ashman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 20:48
✅ APPEAL WON | The football club have won the appeal against the red card issued to
@RhysBeno91
@AFCWimbledon
. He was sent off for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity in the 86th minute that led to the match-winning penalty. #pufc

BUT!!

Peterborough have been charged by the Football Association with failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.
But what happens to that twatty set of officials?
Sod all :roll:

ashman

Post by ashman » 15 Mar 2019, 03:39

Wycliffe wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 22:59
ashman wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 20:48
@RhysBeno91
@AFCWimbledon

BUT!!

But what happens to that twatty set of officials?
Sod all :roll:
Exactly! The football authorities have no balls to take action over pathetic officials. :twisted:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Mar 2019, 09:48

ashman wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 03:39

Exactly! The football authorities have no balls to take action over pathetic officials. :twisted:
If every official who made bad decisions were stopped from officiating then there would be no referees left. They are human they make mistakes, to vilify them is fine on message boards but finding alternative people to suffer the indignity of having their every decision scrutinised by the powers that be would only serve to destroy the game completely. Bring in VAR at every football league game and help them get the right decisions, ones like the Toney offside goal would be allowed as would the wrong penalty decision. The game has become so fast that the officials can't on their own come to the correct answers they neeed to check things to make sure they get them right. Some won't like that suggestion, as they see it as slowing down the game, but I think will all agree that those two decisons made six points difference to the league table, it could mean a team getting relegated at the end of the season that shouldn't have been and another puished into the promotion race who don't deserve to be there.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 15 Mar 2019, 12:24

bristleposh wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 09:48
ashman wrote:

If every official who made bad decisions were stopped from officiating then there would be no referees left. They are human they make mistakes, to vilify them is fine on message boards but finding alternative people to suffer the indignity of having their every decision scrutinised by the powers that be would only serve to destroy the game completely. Bring in VAR at every football league game and help them get the right decisions, ones like the Toney offside goal would be allowed as would the wrong penalty decision. The game has become so fast that the officials can't on their own come to the correct answers they neeed to check things to make sure they get them right. Some won't like that suggestion, as they see it as slowing down the game, but I think will all agree that those two decisons made six points difference to the league table, it could mean a team getting relegated at the end of the season that shouldn't have been and another puished into the promotion race who don't deserve to be there.
All valid points (it had to happen after all these years :lol: ) but the most worrying thing is that the referee and lino on our side Tuesday were so rarely up with play it is not surprising they guessed (wrongly)

Those who use the word conspiracy are normally ridiculed but it certainly feels like it at times.
Then ashman informs me Mr Salisbury is reffing on Saturday!!! :roll:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Mar 2019, 13:44

Wycliffe wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 12:24
bristleposh wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 09:48
ashman wrote:

All valid points (it had to happen after all these years :lol: ) but the most worrying thing is that the referee and lino on our side Tuesday were so rarely up with play it is not surprising they guessed (wrongly)

Those who use the word conspiracy are normally ridiculed but it certainly feels like it at times.
Then ashman informs me Mr Salisbury is reffing on Saturday!!! :roll:
Didn't he get infected with novichok or was that a different Salisbury.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits