DONCASTER ROVERS v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Brianposh

Re: DONCASTER ROVERS v POSH

Post by Brianposh » 09 Feb 2019, 21:35

Disgraceful, corrupt, cheating Officials controlled this game throughout. We were never going to win. I do believe a letter to the right authorities will be sent off by myself. I despair.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Feb 2019, 21:39

Brianposh wrote:
09 Feb 2019, 21:35
Disgraceful, corrupt, cheating Officials controlled this game throughout. We were never going to win. I do believe a letter to the right authorities will be sent off by myself. I despair.
Fully agree. 90% of decisions went the way of the home team.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Feb 2019, 09:27

So, did anybody other than a Doncaster supporting blind person go to the game, and did anyone think we were robbed by the blind officials, who thought Toney missed a chance Image

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Feb 2019, 14:31

bristleposh wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 09:27
So, did anybody other than a Doncaster supporting blind person go to the game, and did anyone think we were robbed by the blind officials, who thought Toney missed a chance
A load of people went and saw what was happening; they can form an opinion about the game and be sensible about the injustices, which is more than those watching on iFollow from faraway often do. They can also comment on individual players in a sensible light as opposed to criticising them just for the sake of it because they have an agenda against them. You know who I mean! iFollow is causing more unrest than almost any other social media sites, as the viewers get an extremely distorted view of the game. We are all supposed to be supporters of the club.
The officials were appalling but there is nothing we can do about their indecisions and dumbfounded mistakes. Blaming the players and the manager from afar is unworthy of you! If you don't want to support Darren, the players and the club just say so and move on!
p.s. I thought that the Toney chance was over the line but criticising him or the ref has no mileage whatsoever. Nothing will change that decision.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Feb 2019, 19:07

I have no agenda against our manager, I support them whoever they are, I think iFollow is a wonderful tool that allows those not so fortunate to see the action as opposed to listening to the opinions of Radio Scumbridge. I didn't criticise Toney, although for me he let himself down by trying to cheat. Although initially I'd thought it was a head butt I can understand why people think it was just a face off.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 10 Feb 2019, 21:01

bristleposh wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 19:07
I have no agenda against our manager, I support them whoever they are, I think iFollow is a wonderful tool that allows those not so fortunate to see the action as opposed to listening to the opinions of Radio Scumbridge. I didn't criticise Toney, although for me he let himself down by trying to cheat. Although initially I'd thought it was a head butt I can understand why people think it was just a face off.
This is the inconsistency of referees that's annoying. Last week Tomlin gets sent off for preventing a fight, this week Toney gets someone else being at best aggressive and Wilkes didn't. You can understand Fergies frustration.

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Feb 2019, 21:02

bristleposh wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 19:07
I know that your agenda is not with Ferguson. It is with Maddison, who you cruelly vilify every time you get a chance. :twisted: :roll:
When you push your head into another player it cannot be considered a 'face off.' It is what they call in the modern era of football as a 'head-but.' End of story. If, in the opinion of the referee there was nothing wrong with the exchange then why did he brandish a yellow card for Wilkes? He was either guilty of nothing or head butting Toney! Very unreasonable IMO and once again a wrong decision by Carl Boyson.
Watch the extended highlights again (4mins 40 secs in) and see that Wilkes rightfully went over because of Toney's unfair challenge. He goes down, as if he had broken his leg, rolls over three times kicking his lower legs as if he had been seriously injured. Four or five seconds later he jumps up as if there is nothing wrong with him, advancing towards Toney. He continues advancing until he collides with Toney's face. The over reaction of Toney can not be excused but the antics of Wilkes is disgusting and would nine times out of ten be a red card for sure.
Watch the idiot Carl Boyson's reaction. He quite clearly sees the offence and immediately turns away from the scene as if pretending he hadn't seen the incident. He then changes tack and comes back to book Wilkes and Toney for his initial challenge. That is nothing short of cheating!
Add to all this, stuff that iFollow will never see, and that is the disgraceful goading of Posh fans in the corner of the ground by the Doncaster subs. Nothing was done about this and once again Boyson just turns his back on proceedings.
I couldn't see what happened on the touchline near the technical areas where apparently Wilkes had another go at the Posh bench so this is probably not entirely correct.
What is correct, and that is the third goal they scored. Posh were losing and O'Malley played no advantage in trying to get Joe Ward help at the other end of the pitch by rolling the ball out of play. Any 'sporting' players would have thrown the ball back to him after it was realised that Ward was being seen to. By the pure letter of the law it was O'Malley's mistake but by the letter of common sense it was Doncaster who took advantage of the situation.
The finish by Kieran Sadlier for Doncaster's third goal was superb. I can remember extolling his virtues when he was on Posh books. I watched him many times in the reserves and thought that we could have found another Paul Coutts. He was shipped out too early I am afraid!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Feb 2019, 23:43

ashman wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 21:02

I know that your agenda is not with Ferguson. It is with Maddison, who you cruelly vilify every time you get a chance. :twisted: :roll:
I only criticise him when he lets himself down, every corner hit the first player, he threw himself to the floor a couple of times in a Neymaresque sort of a way. if he just played football the way we know he can I wouldn't critise, sadly he doesn't.

stuie

Post by stuie » 11 Feb 2019, 00:18

ashman wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 14:31
bristleposh wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 09:27
So, did anybody other than a Doncaster supporting blind person go to the game, and did anyone think we were robbed by the blind officials, who thought Toney missed a chance
A load of people went and saw what was happening; they can form an opinion about the game and be sensible about the injustices, which is more than those watching on iFollow from faraway often do. They can also comment on individual players in a sensible light as opposed to criticising them just for the sake of it because they have an agenda against them. You know who I mean! iFollow is causing more unrest than almost any other social media sites, as the viewers get an extremely distorted view of the game. We are all supposed to be supporters of the club.
The officials were appalling but there is nothing we can do about their indecisions and dumbfounded mistakes. Blaming the players and the manager from afar is unworthy of you! If you don't want to support Darren, the players and the club just say so and move on!
p.s. I thought that the Toney chance was over the line but criticising him or the ref has no mileage whatsoever. Nothing will change that decision.
I see no problem with ifollow, how can ifollow be distorted, commentary yes, pictures no, I do 20 games a season, the rest from costa del Barbridge on ifollow
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 11 Feb 2019, 00:20

when down to 10 men, it is a different game

I still think the football is more entertaining than at was when The Chuckle Brothers were in the technical area
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

ashman

Post by ashman » 11 Feb 2019, 01:32

bristleposh wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 23:43
ashman wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 21:02

I only criticise him when he lets himself down, every corner hit the first player, he threw himself to the floor a couple of times in a Neymaresque sort of a way. if he just played football the way we know he can I wouldn't critise, sadly he doesn't.
That is just rubbish of the highest kind. The rest of your post is part of your agenda.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Feb 2019, 09:41

I repeat.... I have no agenda

ashman

Post by ashman » 11 Feb 2019, 12:05

bristleposh wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 09:41
If commenting on the exact same things in almost every post is not an agenda then I don't know what is! All your posts have negative comments directly aimed at Marcus Maddison or indirectly at him commenting on the fact that 'every corner hit the first player.' Obviously this is again directed at MM as he tends to take most of the corners and to say that every one of his corners fails to get past the first player is wrong in the extreme. :roll:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Feb 2019, 17:28

ashman wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 12:05
bristleposh wrote:
If commenting on the exact same things in almost every post is not an agenda then I don't know what is! All your posts have negative comments directly aimed at Marcus Maddison or indirectly at him commenting on the fact that 'every corner hit the first player.' Obviously this is again directed at MM as he tends to take most of the corners and to say that every one of his corners fails to get past the first player is wrong in the extreme. :roll:
Perhaps not every corner but too many, as for commenting on the exact same things, perhaps it's because that's what he does.

ashman

Post by ashman » 11 Feb 2019, 20:28

bristleposh wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 17:28
ashman wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 12:05
bristleposh wrote:
Perhaps not every corner but too many, as for commenting on the exact same things, perhaps it's because that's what he does.
Maybe you could comment on the good things that are going on at Posh, whether it be on the field or off. Go on! You might just enjoy it!