Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stuie

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by stuie » 06 Dec 2018, 14:21

Poshay wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 14:07
May is a Remainer at heart tasked with the job of carrying out the Brexit mandate. I think the Liberal Elite will have their wish in the end....we will stay in the EU.
:stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 06 Dec 2018, 18:46

what is an Elite?

I understand it is a phrase parrotted mindlessly by the brexiteers .

just as "project Fear" "laws, money and borders" " just get on with it" "remoaners" " brexit means brexit" " vassal state" "will of the people" "enemies of the people" are all phrases parrotted mindlessly either by the right wing press or by the "brextremists" who have all secured their and their family's incomes for the next two generations, but whenever I hear any of their phrases I know immediately that there will be no cogent arguments coming forward.

i will happily listen to and respect any brexiteers who can tell us not what we will gain by brexit , but rather what it is that we will actually lose.

So far I have not yet found one brexiteer in the past two years who is able to understand and quote the benefits of our being a lead player in the EU.

everything is little more than wishful thinking ,or a return to the good old days when we stood alone (we never did) against jonny foreigner

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Dec 2018, 19:04

What I find difficult to understand is why you find it beyond your genius to believe what you refer to as the right wing press, yet you are perfectly willing to believe what the reds say.

Your questions are always suggesting that those who voted the way THEY wanted are wrong. Can you explain why you consider that not leaving the EU would be better than the unknown
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

matt404

Post by matt404 » 06 Dec 2018, 19:13

bristleposh wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 19:04
Can you explain why you consider that not leaving the EU would be better than the unknown
A desire to not be poorer, individually and collectively, than today and to have our EU-enshrined freedoms protected. How’s that for starters?

But hey, I suppose that goes out the windows if we can have blue passports and bendy bananas... am I right?
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Dec 2018, 20:19

matt404 wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 19:13
bristleposh wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 19:04
Can you explain why you consider that not leaving the EU would be better than the unknown
A desire to not be poorer, individually and collectively, than today and to have our EU-enshrined freedoms protected. How’s that for starters?

But hey, I suppose that goes out the windows if we can have blue passports and bendy bananas... am I right?
What makes you think you'll be worse off, because The Mirror says so.

matt404

Post by matt404 » 06 Dec 2018, 22:57

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46366162

Only the governments own study.

What makes you think we will be better off?
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Dec 2018, 23:02

I didn’t say I thought we’d be better off. I asked you a question as reporters ask politicians who never answer the question asked.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 07 Dec 2018, 08:43

What is an Elite asks trevormans ? Speaking as a working class, grammar school and technical college educated oik who spent all his working life in a public service company I consider members of the Elite to be upper class, public school and university (mostly Oxbridge) educated and inhabit the upper regions of the Civil Service, Government and the BBC and who have progressed little from their university debating societies. As to the Liberal part which you didn't question I consider it to mean free speech except where other's ideas conflict with theirs, pro multi race and multi culture and have managed to make perversion not only legal but praiseworthy. Over to you trevormans; I must dash off now to pick up my rainbow shoelaces to wear at tomorrow's match.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Dec 2018, 09:06

Poshay wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 08:43
What is an Elite asks trevormans ? Speaking as a working class, grammar school and technical college educated oik who spent all his working life in a public service company I consider members of the Elite to be upper class, public school and university (mostly Oxbridge) educated and inhabit the upper regions of the Civil Service, Government and the BBC and who have progressed little from their university debating societies. As to the Liberal part which you didn't question I consider it to mean free speech except where other's ideas conflict with theirs, pro multi race and multi culture and have managed to make perversion not only legal but praiseworthy. Over to you trevormans; I must dash off now to pick up my rainbow shoelaces to wear at tomorrow's match.
Well said, I always used to joke about how Labour would make a certain act you mention compulsory. I did see the other day that a Dutch chap who had argued that he felt younger than his true age and wanted his birth certificate changed to make him 20 years younger was turfed out of court. Yet people born female can claim to be male and vice versa, and one white actor had been given a grant aimed at ethnics. I can't personally see the diference, with respect I enquire as to why there is a clamour for equality across the board, I maintain that if someone is good enough it doesn't matter what sex or colour they are. We have our second female Prime Minister, America has had it's first black President. I doubt it will be long before we have our first ethnic PM, plenty near the top of the pecking order, if they are good enough the will succede, Chuka Umunna, and Sajid Javid are two that immediately spring to mind. (Just so long as it isn't Sadiq Khan or Diane Abbott).

ashman

Post by ashman » 07 Dec 2018, 09:21

.... or our local MP, Fiona Onasanya!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Dec 2018, 10:04

ashman wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 09:21
.... or our local MP, Fiona Onasanya!
More chance of me becoming the next PM

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 07 Dec 2018, 17:26

bristleposh wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 09:06
Poshay wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 08:43
Well said, I always used to joke about how Labour would make a certain act you mention compulsory. I did see the other day that a Dutch chap who had argued that he felt younger than his true age and wanted his birth certificate changed to make him 20 years younger was turfed out of court. Yet people born female can claim to be male and vice versa, and one white actor had been given a grant aimed at ethnics. I can't personally see the diference, with respect I enquire as to why there is a clamour for equality across the board, I maintain that if someone is good enough it doesn't matter what sex or colour they are. We have our second female Prime Minister, America has had it's first black President. I doubt it will be long before we have our first ethnic PM, plenty near the top of the pecking order, if they are good enough the will succede, Chuka Umunna, and Sajid Javid are two that immediately spring to mind. (Just so long as it isn't Sadiq Khan or Diane Abbott).
when I read Poshay's description of the Elite I would easily believe that that would apply mostly to Tory voters who have had substantial benefits from birth and who believe that they should keep them as their right. As someone who has my broad centre left beliefs I would never accept that an accident of birth makes anybody superior in any way.
It is very easy for all us white english males to believe that there is no need for anyone to "clamour for equality", The reality of course is so utterly different.
at least we have begun to move forward where genuine equality of opportunity is available to all irrespective of what challenges have been put upon them
amongst those who have benefitted somewhat, but there is still a long way to go in so many instances since i was at school have been

women in general
single mothers
blacks, asians, and people who do not fit into the WASP category
homosexuals
"disabled" people
less gifted people intellectually
poor people
the old
the very young

I would guess that we are talking of something like 65-75% of the total population of the UK. we, the white males are undoubtedly the privileged ones

It is not just a case "if they are good enough they will succeed", the reality is that there are so many who are not good enough , but have been spoonfed in their early years , (look at some of the clowns in parliament who can speak posh but are worthless
whilst some of those who would have been good enough , have in fact been held back by their circumstances from a young age.

some were female
some were black or as you call them Ethnics
some were homosexual ,
some were disabled
some were poor
there will be a whole range of other disadvantages

so many of these people would need to be say, 120%, better to have escaped their disadvantaged background . being good enough is often not enough

my own father came from a very poor background but had a high intellect, however he had to leave school at 14 to support his family. he was certainly good enough but did not have the opportunity for university education and "advancement " that that would bring.

the upper class twits continued to seek to maintain the status quo and to keep the plebs down

he did however see to it that his children should not be denied what he had been denied

if you can tell us who are the ones who are not worthy of "equality" and who should be denied opportunities from the youngest age, then I would be surprised

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Dec 2018, 17:50

trevormans wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 17:26

if you can tell us who are the ones who are not worthy of "equality" and who should be denied opportunities from the youngest age, then I would be surprised
The Neanderthals who rob pensioners in their own homes, they don't even deserve to breath the same oxygen.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 07 Dec 2018, 18:05

bristleposh wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 17:50
trevormans wrote:

The Neanderthals who rob pensioners in their own homes, they don't even deserve to breath the same oxygen.
How about the Pakistanis in Huddersfield who raped young white girls?
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Dec 2018, 18:40

Poshay wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 18:05
bristleposh wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 17:50
trevormans wrote:

How about the Pakistanis in Huddersfield who raped young white girls?
In just about every town Barnsley Rotherham Oxford Bristol to name but a few