POSH v FLEETWOOD TOWN

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

POSH v FLEETWOOD TOWN

Post by ashman » 21 Oct 2018, 12:36

Peterborough United v Fleetwood Town (19:45)

REFEREE: OLLIE YATES

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Marc Wilson and Anthony Da Costa

Fourth Official: Steven Meredith

I just hope that the officials are a damn sight better than on Saturday!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

pleasureboy60

Re: POSH v FLEETWOOD TOWN

Post by pleasureboy60 » 21 Oct 2018, 12:41

ashman wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 12:36
Peterborough United v Fleetwood Town (19:45)

REFEREE: OLLIE YATES

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Marc Wilson and Anthony Da Costa

Fourth Official: Steven Meredith

I just hope that the officials are a damn sight better than on Saturday!
I hope the players are!

LB1Lane

Post by LB1Lane » 21 Oct 2018, 15:16

Supporters travel the country to support their CLUB. I cannot believe they travel to support the lazy uninterested dross on display against Accrington......and a manager who bellows not at the players but the referee. DM will be noting this apathy, he will not sit idle and watch his money disappear down a deep pit.

ashman

Post by ashman » 21 Oct 2018, 16:27

LB1Lane wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 15:16
Supporters travel the country to support their CLUB. I cannot believe they travel to support the lazy uninterested dross on display against Accrington......and a manager who bellows not at the players but the referee. DM will be noting this apathy, he will not sit idle and watch his money disappear down a deep pit.
The team we see away from home is a lot different to the one that keeps on turning up at The Abax. They do occasionally pass the ball too!
Yesterday's referee, Scott Duncan has officiated in 11 games this season and has issued 38 yellow cards, including the six he dished out yesterday plus two sendings off. He was the worst of a bad bunch that we have had this season. We didn't lose the game because of his poor reffing.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 23 Oct 2018, 16:13

but tonight we will be back on track

and saint stevie will not blame the ref

pigs will fly in formation over the abax

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Oct 2018, 18:50

Not sure if that's 3-6-1 or 3-5-1-1 with Dembele or Magic playing the number ten role

http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

OBM

Post by OBM » 23 Oct 2018, 19:02

I thinks that's 3 3 3 1, we are playing 2 midfields in the hope one works.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Oct 2018, 19:11

OBM wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 19:02
I thinks that's 3 3 3 1, we are playing 2 midfields in the hope one works.
:lol:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 23 Oct 2018, 19:42

Cummings and Godden on the subs bench again!!!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Oct 2018, 23:04

A vast improvement in form still not convinced by Toney, for a big lad he tends to get knocked over far too easily, and as for his finishing tonight it was dreadful. His inability to stay onside is a worry too. Who was it who used to have that problem, Cakey I think. Dembele too worries me with the way he does all these step overs and still doesn't produce anything at the end of it. That was the first goal we've scored direct from a corner since Queen Victoria was a child. MM seems to be getting the hang of being a member of the team, and looks to be getting back to full fitness. Feel sorry for Godden and Cummings who have done little wrong apart from not getting any service.

dunc

Post by dunc » 24 Oct 2018, 14:29

From what I have seen of the two matches, I am not sure we deserved much more than a draw from either Accrington or Fleetwood (despite a much improved performance last night) so 3 points from the 2 games is more than acceptable.
We are second in the league and we know there is much more to come from this squad!

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 24 Oct 2018, 17:11

The report on the Fleetwood site certainly claims that the Cod Army (all white on the night) were unlucky not to come away from the ABAX with at least a point. Posh were better than against Accrington but the old failings were still there. I would agree with Bristle that Toney should do better for a lad of his size and he needs to have a good look at the offside law. Dembele flattered to deceive but at least he was looking to pass more. The strong wind didn't help but the long ball into it during the second half could have ironicly paid dividends with the ball being held up by it rather than running away from our strikers. What will Evans do for Burton? Was he just resting Godden and Cummings or was it a change of tack?
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 24 Oct 2018, 20:13

bristleposh wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 23:04
A vast improvement in form still not convinced by Toney, for a big lad he tends to get knocked over far too easily, and as for his finishing tonight it was dreadful. His inability to stay onside is a worry too. Who was it who used to have that problem, Cakey I think. Dembele too worries me with the way he does all these step overs and still doesn't produce anything at the end of it. That was the first goal we've scored direct from a corner since Queen Victoria was a child. MM seems to be getting the hang of being a member of the team, and looks to be getting back to full fitness. Feel sorry for Godden and Cummings who have done little wrong apart from not getting any service.
In so much as he lets someone else take corners thank goodness? :wink:

He was pretty awful last night as against Accy but he did put in the free kick (pretty easy one tbh) for Toney to put in and have (wrongly?) disallowed.

Reed showed him how to take a corner though.

Dembele has all the skill and tricks but his decision making is woeful.

All in all, less terrible about covers it

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Oct 2018, 21:02

Wycliffe wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 20:13
bristleposh wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 23:04
In so much as he lets someone else take corners thank goodness? :wink:

He was pretty awful last night as against Accy but he did put in the free kick (pretty easy one tbh) for Toney to put in and have (wrongly?) disallowed.

Reed showed him how to take a corner though.

Dembele has all the skill and tricks but his decision making is woeful.

All in all, less terrible about covers it
My attitude is a wins a win.