Posh v Luton

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

superposh80

Re: Posh v Luton

Post by superposh80 » 17 Aug 2018, 17:23

It wouldn't surprise me if Maddison started...IF Dembele is injured.

Hopefully Uncle Steve is bluffing re his and O'Hara's "injures"

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 17 Aug 2018, 18:30

No way the surly clown starts. Can't be fit and sends out the wrong message to the others in the squad. Bench at a push.

poshwomble

Post by poshwomble » 18 Aug 2018, 01:48

Maddison. Sigh.

Apparently they’ve had a heart to heart.

Well, MM doesn’t have a brain (aside from a footballing one, when he fancies it) so a heart to heart is a good as it gets.

Perhaps Steve Evans will get the best out of him if he sticks around the place, stranger things have happened!

ashman

Post by ashman » 18 Aug 2018, 09:02

poshwomble wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 01:48
Maddison. Sigh.
Well, MM doesn’t have a brain (aside from a footballing one, when he fancies it) so a heart to heart is a good as it gets.
Perhaps Steve Evans will get the best out of him if he sticks around the place, stranger things have happened!
If he stays, it will be a stern test of Evans' calibre as a manager and a test of Maddisons' resolve as to whether he really wants to make a go of his career. Such a shame, as he is the one player that, in recent times, has really put a wow into our team. It was a pity that he wasn't snapped up in the transfer window so he could show his talents at a higher level. He is without doubt the most naturally gifted player we have, and as Brian says, you should always play your best players! It is then up to the attitude from the player and the relationship he has with his coaches as to how he performs. I can't really see Marcus and Evans ever 'getting on,' but if he can be managed then all well and good; we will have one of the best players in League One - again.
I just hope that if he does make an appearance that he is not booed but encouraged to 'play for the team!'

p.s. I think that Evans will stick around the place for a little longer at least! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 18 Aug 2018, 09:18

ashman wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 09:02
poshwomble wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 01:48
Maddison. Sigh.
If he stays, it will be a stern test of Evans' calibre as a manager and a test of Maddisons' resolve as to whether he really wants to make a go of his career. Such a shame, as he is the one player that, in recent times, has really put a wow into our team. It was a pity that he wasn't snapped up in the transfer window so he could show his talents at a higher level. He is without doubt the most naturally gifted player we have, and as Brian says, you should always play your best players! It is then up to the attitude from the player and the relationship he has with his coaches as to how he performs. I can't really see Marcus and Evans ever 'getting on,' but if he can be managed then all well and good; we will have one of the best players in League One - again.
I just hope that if he does make an appearance that he is not booed but encouraged to 'play for the team!'

p.s. I think that Evans will stick around the place for a little longer at least! :wink:
This to both posts.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 18 Aug 2018, 09:41

Numpty, doesn't have a brain, the surly clown

I genuinely do not understand why "supporters" use such insults , especially on someone, as here, who has given us so much excitement,

Does anybody , whether in the shallow end of the gene pool or not, actually believe it serves some good?

If so, I am sure we would need to agree to differ because I could never be persuaded otherwise

similar treatment was meted out to Tomlin and Mendez-Laing and others who have each gone on to prosper at higher levels.

I would have hoped that my daughters had grown out of such redundant calumnies before they had left the third form

As ever, I will wish Marcus well in his career. and I will continue to delight in some of the moments he gave us, just as I look fondly back on the two wonderful goals at Selhurst Park. I trust he will find a manager who can fully motivate him

These are footballers, they are not going to win Nobel Prizes

OBM

Post by OBM » 18 Aug 2018, 10:04

I can understand why Marcus was ready to move away, I can understand why in anticipation of the move he was left out of the squad, I can understand why the move did not happen. Now this is the acid test for Marcus, knuckle down and prove possible buyers wrong and he will get his move January or summer, or sulk and tread water and waste a special talent.

One of those teams looking at him will wish they had made the move when things do not go their way and throw him a lifeline.

The best thing for him and Posh is that he shows what he can do again.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 18 Aug 2018, 10:30

trevormans wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 09:41
Numpty, doesn't have a brain, the surly clown

I genuinely do not understand why "supporters" use such insults , especially on someone, as here, who has given us so much excitement,

Does anybody , whether in the shallow end of the gene pool or not, actually believe it serves some good?

If so, I am sure we would need to agree to differ because I could never be persuaded otherwise

similar treatment was meted out to Tomlin and Mendez-Laing and others who have each gone on to prosper at higher levels.

I would have hoped that my daughters had grown out of such redundant calumnies before they had left the third form

As ever, I will wish Marcus well in his career. and I will continue to delight in some of the moments he gave us, just as I look fondly back on the two wonderful goals at Selhurst Park. I trust he will find a manager who can fully motivate him

These are footballers, they are not going to win Nobel Prizes
Bless.

https://www.silkfred.com/boutiques/aoc- ... 0MQAvD_BwE

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 18 Aug 2018, 10:51

[/quote]

Bless.

If that is the best you can do then my case rests

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 18 Aug 2018, 12:43

I must have had my eight pints. Just told there's a lorry on fire on town bridge???

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Aug 2018, 14:05

Unchanged....Maddison on bench

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dk4kfyEWwAI8Qgw?format=jpg&name=large
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 18 Aug 2018, 15:25

2-0 up after 19 minutes. Cummins with a penalty and Dembele.

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 18 Aug 2018, 15:39

3-0. Cummins and another assist for Dembele. Who needs Marcus!!

poshwomble

Post by poshwomble » 18 Aug 2018, 15:47

Wowzers.

Hopefully a view to buy in Cummings’ loan deal.

Sell the club to him, becomes part of the furniture and a lovely little 350k bid in January would be lovely. Let’s just hope the club are in the mix at Christmas!

About that “talisman” striker...

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 18 Aug 2018, 16:41

3-1.