Safe Standing

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wycliffe

Re: Safe Standing

Post by Wycliffe » 02 Jun 2018, 07:59

Well done to the club for publicising this :clap2:

The above article has been sent to our MP who has said she'll attend.

stuie

Post by stuie » 02 Jun 2018, 12:48

Wycliffe wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 07:59
Well done to the club for publicising this :clap2:

The above article has been sent to our MP who has said she'll attend.
Just about to write to my MP
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

ashman

Post by ashman » 09 Jun 2018, 22:49

'Everybody needs to have a friend'

stuie

Post by stuie » 10 Jun 2018, 22:08

ashman wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 22:49
Good news, hopefully!

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/ ... ter-change
:clap2:

ashman

Post by ashman » 13 Jun 2018, 07:58

A step in the right direction.

The Government’s response to this petition has changed. This change was made on Tuesday 12 June 2018.
This is because the Petitions Committee (the group of MPs who oversee the petitions system) did not think that the Government’s first response was satisfactory, because it did not give any explanation for the Government’s view.
The Committee wrote to the Government to ask for a new response which answered the petition more fully.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040

stuie

Post by stuie » 14 Jun 2018, 21:55

ashman wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 07:58
A step in the right direction.

The Government’s response to this petition has changed. This change was made on Tuesday 12 June 2018.
This is because the Petitions Committee (the group of MPs who oversee the petitions system) did not think that the Government’s first response was satisfactory, because it did not give any explanation for the Government’s view.
The Committee wrote to the Government to ask for a new response which answered the petition more fully.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040
My MP just sent me the previous government response, seems like she couldn't be bothered to get involved

ashman

Post by ashman » 27 Jun 2018, 06:41

Latest:

Mr Betts
Will the Minister give way?

Tracey Crouch
No, I will carry on.
On top of what I have already announced, the SGSA is currently revising the “Green Guide”, which sets out the standards of sports ground safety that apply in this country. It is influential around the world, as it is absorbed by sports bodies and Governments looking for authoritative advice on sports grounds safety. The revised guide is due for publication later this year, and will offer refreshed technical guidance that sets out the standards for seats incorporating barriers and seats with independent barriers within the prevailing legislation and competition rules.​
Clubs and local authorities are responsible for managing their grounds, and I and the SGSA will expect them to continue to apply the all-seater policy while we gather the evidence and data. To be clear, no one expects any fan to stay rooted in their seat for 90 minutes through goals, near misses and last-minute match-winners—or, in the case of Spurs fans, usually match-losers. That was never the intention of the all-seater policy.

There are many different views about the future of the all-seater policy and they all need to be heard. Some people feel unable to contribute to the discussion while legal proceedings are under way, as outlined by the hon. Member for Garston and Halewood (Maria Eagle). We need to be mindful of that. While the proceedings continue, we shall gather the missing data and evidence by working with the authorities, leagues, supporter groups and others.

With something as serious as football ground safety, change cannot and should not happen overnight, but, contrary to the reports on social media, my mind is open about the future of the all-seater policy. However, due process must be followed to ensure the safety of fans now and in the future—fans who, like me, stay loyal and true through the good times as well as the bad, and who spend a lot of money providing the lifeblood of their clubs up and down the country.

A million people watch football every week. I conclude by thanking those who signed the petition and hon. Members for reflecting their views and those of their constituents. I hope that we can move forward with the required data gathering, continue the discussion with key stakeholders and develop the “Green Guide” so that we all know where we stand.
Question put and agreed to.

Resolved,

That this House has considered e-petition 207040 relating to allowing Premier League and Championship football clubs to introduce safe standing

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 27 Jun 2018, 07:17

What a load of numpties, it is not rocket science, safe standing would be safer than all seater. Because each individual has a barrier front and back and when they are in a standing position can't go forwards or backwards. I know from past experience at Ashton Gate that if you put your foot in the wrong place when people stand, it is all too easy to stumble across the seat in front because those seats do not support the weight of an average adult. Personally at my age I would prefer a seat for the majority of the time, but I would not wish to see the strategy binned because of frightened MPs being afraid to make change.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761