This season

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

john316z

Re: This season

Post by john316z » 20 Mar 2018, 23:16

bristleposh wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 22:08
Who exactly are these anti-Evans brigade. I'm certainly not Anti, anybody in charge at Posh gets my support, even McCann until it sadly went wrong. I have always been swayed by results as it is Evans has a 66% success rate which if he maintains will be great.
There's plenty on here.... comments such as not fatty Evans, not Evans the cheat, Evans the criminal, etc

Not hants posh, he loves him :lol:

I said all along that people will change their tune with wins under his belt

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 21 Mar 2018, 00:11

We could have Alex Ferguson in charge and i doubt he could do any better than any of the previous managers, a club needs the bucks or they're going nowhere.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 21 Mar 2018, 05:55

john316z wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 23:16
bristleposh wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 22:08
Who exactly are these anti-Evans brigade. I'm certainly not Anti, anybody in charge at Posh gets my support, even McCann until it sadly went wrong. I have always been swayed by results as it is Evans has a 66% success rate which if he maintains will be great.
There's plenty on here.... comments such as not fatty Evans, not Evans the cheat, Evans the criminal, etc

Not hants posh, he loves him :lol:

I said all along that people will change their tune with wins under his belt
He's well aware of who they are.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 21 Mar 2018, 08:09

Chompy wrote:
18 Mar 2018, 14:24
Whoever finishes sixth is going to get torn a new one by whichever of the top three finishes third.
Yeah because the play offs always reflect the season :D

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 21 Mar 2018, 08:27

tonyp wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 22:31
superposh80 wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 17:35

He's on a bit of a hiding with the Anti-Evans brigade though...Many of them will expect him to win the play offs with a bunch of players that have put together by someone else.
Not just the Anti-Evans brigade. Ordinary Posh fans will be expecting him to win the play offs because they've seen you and others suggesting that all we needed was a change of manager.
Or that Steve himself said that if we get in the play offs we will go up.

Despite all the bluster from both sides of the Evans argument the facts are that were we to do well he'd be accepted with open arms, if we continue to disappoint he won't.
That is no difference to any manager and Steve's antics on the touchline will also be laffed at when we are doing well and disapproved of when we are not.

There is an opportunity for those able to attend the Q n' A tonight to express their views and of course to help out a fellow POSH, plenty however would rather use their keys as opposed to their voice.

atm he has a short term aim which is despite some players letting him down on a regular basis to get us at least into the play offs, the 'style' is irrelevant to a degree although I am somewhat bamboozled when we are told how skilful a squad we have we are not exactly picking a formation or the players to show that talent.
Getting away with it like at Bury wmay have to do however unenjoyable the football may be but I would rather those talented players we have were given their head and allowed to outplay opposition sides who in the main have nowhere near our potential to hurt us as we have them.

Our best player is sadly injured atm but seems to be on his way back and would be an amazing addition for the possible extra matches, meanwhile despite on average 3 passes a match distuingishing him from the run of the mill player he otherwise often is (past 15 matches at least) our most influential squad member has to grab the siuation and prove what he is what we are told he is. Then he may get his seemingly longed for move.

I'd be amazed if Jack Marriott stayed without us going up and indeed even if we did and tbh the second season is always the hardest so timing and amount being correct it could be the right thing to do to sell as much as we all appreciate the lad's skill and effort.

Hey ho, when all said and done it'll be what it'll be and I like some of you will be there for it all :clap:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 21 Mar 2018, 09:16

superposh80 wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 05:55

strangely nothing has been said on the radio
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

stuie

Post by stuie » 21 Mar 2018, 09:16

Wycliffe wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 08:27
tonyp wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 22:31
superposh80 wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 17:35

He's on a bit of a hiding with the Anti-Evans brigade though...Many of them will expect him to win the play offs with a bunch of players that have put together by someone else.
Not just the Anti-Evans brigade. Ordinary Posh fans will be expecting him to win the play offs because they've seen you and others suggesting that all we needed was a change of manager.
Or that Steve himself said that if we get in the play offs we will go up.

Despite all the bluster from both sides of the Evans argument the facts are that were we to do well he'd be accepted with open arms, if we continue to disappoint he won't.
That is no difference to any manager and Steve's antics on the touchline will also be laffed at when we are doing well and disapproved of when we are not.

There is an opportunity for those able to attend the Q n' A tonight to express their views and of course to help out a fellow POSH, plenty however would rather use their keys as opposed to their voice.

atm he has a short term aim which is despite some players letting him down on a regular basis to get us at least into the play offs, the 'style' is irrelevant to a degree although I am somewhat bamboozled when we are told how skilful a squad we have we are not exactly picking a formation or the players to show that talent.
Getting away with it like at Bury wmay have to do however unenjoyable the football may be but I would rather those talented players we have were given their head and allowed to outplay opposition sides who in the main have nowhere near our potential to hurt us as we have them.

Our best player is sadly injured atm but seems to be on his way back and would be an amazing addition for the possible extra matches, meanwhile despite on average 3 passes a match distuingishing him from the run of the mill player he otherwise often is (past 15 matches at least) our most influential squad member has to grab the siuation and prove what he is what we are told he is. Then he may get his seemingly longed for move.

I'd be amazed if Jack Marriott stayed without us going up and indeed even if we did and tbh the second season is always the hardest so timing and amount being correct it could be the right thing to do to sell as much as we all appreciate the lad's skill and effort.

Hey ho, when all said and done it'll be what it'll be and I like some of you will be there for it all :clap:
well said
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

john316z

Post by john316z » 21 Mar 2018, 09:58

bristleposh wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 09:16
superposh80 wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 05:55

strangely nothing has been said on the radio
Francis Green is your man

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 21 Mar 2018, 10:37

Wycliffe wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 08:09
Chompy wrote:
Whoever finishes sixth is going to get torn a new one by whichever of the top three finishes third.
I Ihink you'll find recently they have done more so, especially when a team has finished clear third. Keep trolling, while labelling others troll, though. And pronouncing Gwion our best player ahead of MM and JM. That makes you look super shrewd.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 21 Mar 2018, 22:59

Chompy wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 10:37
Wycliffe wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 08:09
Chompy wrote:
I Ihink you'll find recently they have done more so, especially when a team has finished clear third. Keep trolling, while labelling others troll, though. And pronouncing Gwion our best player ahead of MM and JM. That makes you look super shrewd.
:lol:

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 25 Mar 2018, 23:20

When you think about it....it's a terrible run in.

5 away games...Against teams either fighting for the title..Automatic promotion...or a play off spot.

3 home games...Against teams fighting for their survival.

There's probably six teams fighting for two play off spots.

We've got to win at least 5 of those 8 games I reckon.

It's a big ask for this team

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 26 Mar 2018, 10:58

superposh80 wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 23:20

We've got to win at least 5 of those 8 games I reckon.

It's a big ask for this team
And a big ask for a new manager. I reckon he'll do it.

(Remember to quote me when I'm proved right.)
Being happy never goes out of style

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 03 Apr 2018, 16:55

...If I was offered 12 more points now I'd grab it with both hands.

Going to be very difficult though looking at the run in...

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Apr 2018, 11:28

Daniel Finkelstein in The Times with his Fink Tank buddies think the percentage chances for promotion are
Wigan 97.1%
Blackburn 94.9%
Shrewsbury 30.9%
Rotherham 26.1%
Charlton 16.0%
Posh 15.3%
Pompey 11.5%
Scunthorpe 5.0%
Plymouth 3.0%

According to their mathmatical geniuses we should make the play offs. I hope they're right
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 07 Apr 2018, 21:42

bristleposh wrote:
07 Apr 2018, 11:28
Daniel Finkelstein in The Times with his Fink Tank buddies think the percentage chances for promotion are
Wigan 97.1%
Blackburn 94.9%
Shrewsbury 30.9%
Rotherham 26.1%
Charlton 16.0%
Posh 15.3%
Pompey 11.5%
Scunthorpe 5.0%
Plymouth 3.0%

According to their mathmatical geniuses we should make the play offs. I hope they're right
So do I. But I doubt it.
Being happy never goes out of style