This season

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
john316z
Posts: 2078
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: This season

Post by john316z » 11 Feb 2018, 11:49

Can't see it getting much better with Scunny coming to town. That said we are incredibly inconsistent so we could be surprised again! Does appear to have the writing all over is.... Darragh seems to have moved on from the public backing of McCann to the recent "leave it out there comments to buck up". Other than backing the wrong man initially, he's done everything to back him and invest in decent players. This squad should be good enough to challenge for promotion but it isn't working. For me it is too late to change things now - our chances have pretty much gone now. Time to move on to next season with Evans in charge at last.

I know all the Evans haters will be out in force but put it this way if he has us playing and winning, a strong promotion push - like he has elsewhere - everyone will stop the hate with a winning side

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15403
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: This season

Post by stuie » 11 Feb 2018, 12:17

john316z wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 11:49
Can't see it getting much better with Scunny coming to town. That said we are incredibly inconsistent so we could be surprised again! Does appear to have the writing all over is.... Darragh seems to have moved on from the public backing of McCann to the recent "leave it out there comments to buck up". Other than backing the wrong man initially, he's done everything to back him and invest in decent players. This squad should be good enough to challenge for promotion but it isn't working. For me it is too late to change things now - our chances have pretty much gone now. Time to move on to next season with Evans in charge at last.

I know all the Evans haters will be out in force but put it this way if he has us playing and winning, a strong promotion push - like he has elsewhere - everyone will stop the hate with a winning side
yup :stupid: :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80
Posts: 5470
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: This season

Post by superposh80 » 11 Feb 2018, 18:12

Last Saturday away win in the league? ....

Northampton 6 months ago.

john316z
Posts: 2078
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: This season

Post by john316z » 11 Feb 2018, 20:34

superposh80 wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 18:12
Last Saturday away win in the league? ....

Northampton 6 months ago.
That's a shocking stat.... imagine if we hadn't leapt out the blocks in August??? We'd be losing our way in a relegation scrap

superposh80
Posts: 5470
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: This season

Post by superposh80 » 12 Feb 2018, 12:13

john316z wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 20:34
superposh80 wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 18:12
Last Saturday away win in the league? ....

Northampton 6 months ago.
That's a shocking stat.... imagine if we hadn't leapt out the blocks in August??? We'd be losing our way in a relegation scrap
Yep....

And that was the case last season too.

We do usually finish the season pretty well....Once the pressure of not having to worry about the play offs has gone of course

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: This season

Post by tonyp » 12 Feb 2018, 12:41

superposh80 wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 12:13
john316z wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 20:34
superposh80 wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 18:12
Last Saturday away win in the league? ....

Northampton 6 months ago.
That's a shocking stat.... imagine if we hadn't leapt out the blocks in August??? We'd be losing our way in a relegation scrap
Yep....

And that was the case last season too.

We do usually finish the season pretty well....Once the pressure of not having to worry about the play offs has gone of course
gpwm. :lol: :lol:
Being happy never goes out of style

JohnC
Posts: 858
Joined: 31 May 2011, 21:48

Re: This season

Post by JohnC » 12 Feb 2018, 13:13

Between them, Doughty, Forrester, Grant, LDSL and Anderson have amassed 2 goals in 146 appearances this season. Baldwin has matched that total in 29 appearances.
Erhun Oztumer has 13 in 35, and Paul Taylor 6 in 31. Tom Nichols has rattled in 2 in 36.

superposh80
Posts: 5470
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: This season

Post by superposh80 » 12 Feb 2018, 13:41

JohnC wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 13:13
Between them, Doughty, Forrester, Grant, LDSL and Anderson have amassed 2 goals in 146 appearances this season. Baldwin has matched that total in 29 appearances.
Erhun Oztumer has 13 in 35, and Paul Taylor 6 in 31. Tom Nichols has rattled in 2 in 36.
Good stats John....

Another 'issue' we must overcome....but it won't be this season

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15911
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: This season

Post by DaveLister » 13 Feb 2018, 14:33

JohnC wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 13:13
Between them, Doughty, Forrester, Grant, LDSL and Anderson have amassed 2 goals in 146 appearances this season. Baldwin has matched that total in 29 appearances.
Erhun Oztumer has 13 in 35, and Paul Taylor 6 in 31. Tom Nichols has rattled in 2 in 36.
History will show that allowing Oztumer to leave was a mistake, although imo a player like Forrester never would have joined had Oztumer stayed.

Perhaps its indicative that Forrester, Maddison and one of Cooper and Ward can't play together, it makes us too unbalanced and our midfield is a little lightweight, as we saw against both Leicester and Southend.
Image

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16528
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: This season

Post by ashman » 13 Feb 2018, 15:42

DaveLister wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 14:33
JohnC wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 13:13
Between them, Doughty, Forrester, Grant, LDSL and Anderson have amassed 2 goals in 146 appearances this season. Baldwin has matched that total in 29 appearances.
Erhun Oztumer has 13 in 35, and Paul Taylor 6 in 31. Tom Nichols has rattled in 2 in 36.
History will show that allowing Oztumer to leave was a mistake, although imo a player like Forrester never would have joined had Oztumer stayed.

Perhaps its indicative that Forrester, Maddison and one of Cooper and Ward can't play together, it makes us too unbalanced and our midfield is a little lightweight, as we saw against both Leicester and Southend.
I know some don't particularly like having Doughty in the side but it is a sure thing that when Grant and Doughty play in the midfield we are a much more balanced team, as results have shown. Doughty maybe lacks a bit of pace and has the turning circle of the Queen Mary but he has good passing ability and, most of the time, he is a good decision maker, as was shown at Gillingham.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

HantsPosh
Posts: 319
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: This season

Post by HantsPosh » 13 Feb 2018, 18:23

[/quote] History will show that allowing Oztumer to leave was a mistake, although imo a player like Forrester never would have joined had Oztumer stayed.

Perhaps its indicative that Forrester, Maddison and one of Cooper and Ward can't play together, it makes us too unbalanced and our midfield is a little lightweight, as we saw against both Leicester and Southend.
[/quote]

Oztumer & Forrester played the 2015/16 Season together, although totally agree allowing Öztümer to leave was a mistake, like Mendez-Laing, he’s flourished after leaving

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16528
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: This season

Post by ashman » 13 Feb 2018, 18:43

HantsPosh wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 18:23
Oztumer & Forrester played the 2015/16 Season together, although totally agree allowing Öztümer to leave was a mistake, like Mendez-Laing, he’s flourished after leaving
It happens with players. Look at Jack Marriott since he left Luton where he was fourth striker!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15403
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: This season

Post by stuie » 14 Feb 2018, 15:48

post Scunny

last 6 games, 1 lost, 1 won, 4 draws, 7 points (1.2 points per game), can we build from this

play off 6th spot still possible :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5227
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: This season

Post by Chompy » 14 Feb 2018, 16:21

It's possible I could win the 100m at the next Olympics but it won't happen.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16528
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: This season

Post by ashman » 14 Feb 2018, 16:40

stuie wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 15:48
post Scunny

last 6 games, 1 lost, 1 won, 4 draws, 7 points (1.2 points per game), can we build from this

play off 6th spot still possible :comeon:
Of course it is still possible - and I am in training for the next Olympic 100m sprint!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests