Re: Gillingham v Posh

Post by stuie » 10 Feb 2018, 22:01

Steamy Nin wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 21:14
superposh80 wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 15:33
Even if we do win...

You couldn't trust McCann to get us anywere near the top six
If we win our games in hand we are in the top 6, it doesn't get closer than that. Get a positive attitude and it will propagate.
if only
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 10 Feb 2018, 22:06

:clap2:
stuie wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 22:01
Steamy Nin wrote:
superposh80 wrote:
Even if we do win...

If we win our games in hand we are in the top 6, it doesn't get closer than that. Get a positive attitude and it will propagate.
if only

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 10 Feb 2018, 22:17

Steamy Nin wrote:
superposh80 wrote:
Even if we do win...

Thanks for the advice pal....

But I'll stick to my opinion.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Feb 2018, 22:25

bristleposh wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 18:36
Chompy wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 18:47

We failed to hold on to a lead against an ordinary team and our man, who wasn't even there or watching pictures, decides this was a positive outcome inspired by MM not being on the pitch.

Incred.
Why do you have this habit of making things up, where exactly did I say it was a positive outcome.
I suppose I was expecting the impossible, an apology,
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 10 Feb 2018, 22:30

superposh80 wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 22:17
Steamy Nin wrote:
superposh80 wrote:
Even if we do win...

Thanks for the advice pal....

But I'll stick to my opinion.
Absolutely, we all have an opinion and we are entitled to it, but opinions don't influence others, attitude does. Get positive and others will pick up on it.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 11 Feb 2018, 00:02

2 away wins since August!! Promotion form for my ****!! Ah well at least we get to make another trip to the UNESCO World Heritage Town that is Gillingham & their wonderful facilities next year again :clap:

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 11 Feb 2018, 08:23

Didn't go yesterday but that doesn't stop me feeling as choked as anyone. Its alright having a couple of games in hand which if won would see us in the play off spots, but do we really look a team capable of going on a min run of victories.
It surely has to be a mindset issue why we keep leaking goals, particularly so many late goals, are GM"s substitutions too negative, are they even required or at best does the change of formation tbat follows invite team on in the last ten minutes.
If it doesn't stop, the play offs, epecially when the amount of goals we are scoring at the other end also appear to be drying up very quickly are going to remain a pipe dream. Reading DM's twitter quotes it looks clear that if that happens GM's future will be elsewhere

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 11 Feb 2018, 09:03

People can dote over McCann all they like, he is NOT the person to lead Peterborough United, he is too inexperienced....and cheap.

exodus (x-man)

Post by exodus (x-man) » 11 Feb 2018, 09:13

Poor game management again, so many points dropped this season.

Taylor with an uncharacteristic error which costs us all three points, but to be fair Marriott with better decision making earlier could have sealed the three points.

So frustrating this season, because we have so much potential in this team. Grant was excellent yesterday, the back five worked well I though, but we created very little in the final third.

There seems to be a lot of frustration building in the attacking third, with reactions to poor decisions getting more and more visible. We are really missing Edwards in my opinion, his directness in the early part of the season really opened teams up. I also think Harry Anderson would walk into this team at the moment.

I would give Marriott a rest the next game, and give Bogle a start on his own.
Greatest Quote of all time: - Holloway on Ronaldo
“He’s six foot something, fit as a flea, good looking – he’s got to have something wrong with him. Hopefully he’s hung like a hamster – That would make us all feel better. Having said that, me missus has got a pet hamster at home, and his c***’s massive.”

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 11 Feb 2018, 11:46

exodus (x-man) wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 09:13

Taylor with an uncharacteristic error which costs us all three points, but to be fair Marriott with better decision making earlier could have sealed the three points.

So frustrating this season, because we have so much potential in this team. Grant was excellent yesterday, the back five worked well I though, but we created very little in the final third.

There seems to be a lot of frustration building in the attacking third, with reactions to poor decisions getting more and more visible. We are really missing Edwards in my opinion, his directness in the early part of the season really opened teams up. I also think Harry Anderson would walk into this team at the moment.

Oh please. You ruined a semi sensible post with that crap.

Bogle is big, strong and so we are told pacy.
Not yesterday but I am sure with time he'll come good.
However there is no way he should replace the man with a proven (this season thus far) goal scoring record.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 11 Feb 2018, 13:50

Wycliffe wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 11:46
exodus (x-man) wrote:

However there is no way he should replace the man with a proven (this season thus far) goal scoring record.
He shouldn't...No.

Marriott needs to shoulder his share of blame for yesterday though...Had he passed instead of shot in injury time we would be sitting on another 2 points this morning.

It was a simular scenario to what Miller did at Charlton....and he got slaughtered for that

exodus (x-man)

Post by exodus (x-man) » 11 Feb 2018, 15:00

Wycliffe wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 11:46
exodus (x-man) wrote:

No players bigger than a team, personally I would send a reminder of that.
Greatest Quote of all time: - Holloway on Ronaldo
“He’s six foot something, fit as a flea, good looking – he’s got to have something wrong with him. Hopefully he’s hung like a hamster – That would make us all feel better. Having said that, me missus has got a pet hamster at home, and his c***’s massive.”

ashman

Post by ashman » 11 Feb 2018, 16:16

superposh80 wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 13:50
Marriott needs to shoulder his share of blame for yesterday though...Had he passed instead of shot in injury time we would be sitting on another 2 points this morning.
It was a simular scenario to what Miller did at Charlton....and he got slaughtered for that
Top topic of conversation on the way back to the Boro last night.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

stuie

Post by stuie » 11 Feb 2018, 17:42

A tweet from Gaby.
A real Posh Legend.
Well done to @theposhofficial fans today, credit to the club braving the weather and turning up in numbers 👏🏾good luck for the rest of the season! Lots of love for you lot 😊 #pufc #thewall
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 11 Feb 2018, 17:51

superposh80 wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 13:50
Emphasis on the big problem we have.......lack of real teamwork.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.