Aston Villa V The Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

trevormans

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by trevormans » 05 Jan 2018, 18:30

if they are charging low entrance fees, presumably that substantially reduces our "pay day"

is that how it works?? ( i genuinely don't know)

stuie

Post by stuie » 05 Jan 2018, 18:48

trevormans wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 18:30
if they are charging low entrance fees, presumably that substantially reduces our "pay day"

well, it depends how many turn up, reduce entrance fees more turn up, and hopefully maximise revenue, which after overheads is distributed to the clubs
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Cheltenhamlion

Post by Cheltenhamlion » 05 Jan 2018, 19:48

trevormans wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 18:30

You get a 50% cut of gate receipts after expenses. 30,000 paying a tenner will be no different to 15,000 paying twenty. Just a more enjoyable occasion.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 05 Jan 2018, 20:34

Didn't know they'd changed it tbh. We'll be number 6. Or more likely Villa will be.

Good that bristle finally found something he knew that he didn't have to swipe.
Evens Poshies, 3-1 Wombles, 5-2 Draw

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 05 Jan 2018, 20:40

Here are the Villa youngsters Bruce is hoping to play Saturday.
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... h-14106846

It has a feel of the Checkatrades about it. It gives us a chance to progress and remember we despatched Southampton U23 quite comfortably.
Villa will be playing Jed Steer in goal who has ever only played in 3 minor cup games for them this season. I bet Maddison, Lloyd and Marriott will be relishing to test this rusty keeper who only knows a training ground.

Cheltenhamlion

Post by Cheltenhamlion » 05 Jan 2018, 21:30

DoubleRay wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 20:40

It has a feel of the Checkatrades about it. It gives us a chance to progress and remember we despatched Southampton U23 quite comfortably.
Villa will be playing Jed Steer in goal who has ever only played in 3 minor cup games for them this season. I bet Maddison, Lloyd and Marriott will be relishing to test this rusty keeper who only knows a training ground.
Steer has played in the top flight and did a full season on loan, as a regular starter, in the Championship with Huddersfield.

O' Hare and Doyle-Hayes are very highly rated. O' Hare in particular looks like the next Grealish (in style as well as age). They have both played competitive first team football.

Suliman might make the bench but Terry and Elphick will play in central defence tomorrow.

Bree was seen as the brightest young defender in the Championship last season and was ever present for Barnsley until January when we bought him as one for the future.

Keinan Davis has started something like 15 games up front for us in the league already this season.

The Russian would have started plenty as well but for an appalling run of injuries.

Green was playing in the first team (and very well) until he got clogged in late September and hasn't been available since.

I guess what I am driving at is to not read too much into our having youngsters about the team. They aren't untried kids.

And I imagine the likes of Adomah, Snodgrass, Whelan, Jedinak, Chester and Taylor may well be around the match day squad (if not starting line up) as well.

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 05 Jan 2018, 21:50

Cheltenhamlion wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 21:30
DoubleRay wrote:

Steer has played in the top flight and did a full season on loan, as a regular starter, in the Championship with Huddersfield.

O' Hare and Doyle-Hayes are very highly rated. O' Hare in particular looks like the next Grealish (in style as well as age). They have both played competitive first team football.

Suliman might make the bench but Terry and Elphick will play in central defence tomorrow.

Bree was seen as the brightest young defender in the Championship last season and was ever present for Barnsley until January when we bought him as one for the future.

Keinan Davis has started something like 15 games up front for us in the league already this season.

The Russian would have started plenty as well but for an appalling run of injuries.

Green was playing in the first team (and very well) until he got clogged in late September and hasn't been available since.

I guess what I am driving at is to not read too much into our having youngsters about the team. They aren't untried kids.

And I imagine the likes of Adomah, Snodgrass, Whelan, Jedinak, Chester and Taylor may well be around the match day squad (if not starting line up) as well.
Just tell us all then how long ago when that was with Jed Steer then. Was it 2015 by any chance? :D
Bruce has said Terry won't be starting tomorrow.

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 06 Jan 2018, 00:00

Deluded?
OK you win. I won't be posting on here forthwith.
I dont mind a bit of banter but I can see I'm not welcome on your forum.

If the moderators would please delete my account or tell me how to. Thanks.
Bye everyone and get behind the Posh tomorrow !!!

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 06 Jan 2018, 00:10

DoubleRay wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 00:00
Deluded?

There have also been people who have supported you and I would asy that probably 90%+of Posh fans will be approaching tomorrows match in the same way as you. There will always be a few doom and gloom merchants hedging there bets and bigging themselves up but that is the same everywhere.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Jan 2018, 07:57

Not quite silly o'clock but still up before the alarm. I don't think I've been asleep since 4:55 when I had my last convenience break
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

stuie

Post by stuie » 06 Jan 2018, 08:07

DoubleRay wrote:
Deluded?

IMO you should not leave, and keep posting

there is enough room on here for all
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

ashman

Post by ashman » 06 Jan 2018, 08:18

DoubleRay wrote:
Deluded?

Another one bites the dust! :evil:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Cheltenhamlion

Post by Cheltenhamlion » 06 Jan 2018, 08:48

DoubleRay wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 21:50
Cheltenhamlion wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 21:30
DoubleRay wrote:

Just tell us all then how long ago when that was with Jed Steer then. Was it 2015 by any chance? :D
Bruce has said Terry won't be starting tomorrow.
No he hasn't. Quite the opposite in fact. After the Bristol City game he confirmed Terry would start and said the same in his presser yesterday.

I really don't mind people having an opinion, I am a guest here after all, but the slightest bit of research to support your digs/banter wouldn't go amiss.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 06 Jan 2018, 09:38

ashman wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 16:27
Aston Villa v Posh

REFEREE: ROBERT JONES

ASSISTANT REFEREES: PHILLIP DERMOTT AND STEVEN MEREDITH

FOURTH OFFICIAL: PETER GIBBONS
Aston Villa Vital Football
Match Day referee Jones has officiated 25 games in 2017/18, showing 66 yellow cards and five red cards so far.

He took in 41 games in 2016/17 with a return of 122 yellows and four red cards.

His highest card count that season was the Walsall v Yeovil Town game where he showed six yellow cards, and he also showed six yellows in the Sutton United v Cheltenham FA Cup clash.

In 2015/16 Jones was on duty in the National League, where he took in 22 matches, showing 64 yellow cards and one red card.

Let`s hope it`s not another repeat and more of the players edge closer to automatic bans.
You can say that again!
Being happy never goes out of style

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 06 Jan 2018, 12:11

Lopez hat trick then sold tomorrow before morning prayer.

You heard it here first.