Posh v Southend

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Chompy

Re: Posh v Southend

Post by Chompy » 07 Dec 2017, 00:02

Again, that front three has so much potential. I wouldn't swap any of them for any other player in L1, except Nick Powell.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 07 Dec 2017, 00:07

The coverage on iFollow was good.
As nipper said the ref was handing out yellows like lollies. Just as well Grant wasn't playing! :wink:
It was good to see Forrester playing well and I agree with those who gave him MOM.
We could easily have scored more but so could they have done.
4-2 would have been a fair scoreline.
The attendance was even worse than expected. Nipper says it was freezing cold. It was lovely and warm watching it in my rumpus room.
Being happy never goes out of style

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Dec 2017, 10:49

Leo deserves a lot of credit after a terrible excursion against non league opposition, the fact that he had time in midfield was the key. I do worry that the front three, Leo, Anderson and Forrester are a little lightweight if they are playing top teams. Despite an excellent performance from MM I still noticed a couple of theatrical rolls after the slightest contact from opposition players. The quicker he learns to eradicate that from his game he'll be a top top player.
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 07 Dec 2017, 11:02

The front three? Marriott, Marcus and Gwion?

Anderson is lightweight?

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 07 Dec 2017, 11:04

bristleposh wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 10:49
Leo deserves a lot of credit after a terrible excursion against non league opposition, the fact that he had time in midfield was the key. I do worry that the front three, Leo, Anderson and Forrester are a little lightweight if they are playing top teams. Despite an excellent performance from MM I still noticed a couple of theatrical rolls after the slightest contact from opposition players. The quicker he learns to eradicate that from his game he'll be a top top player.
don't miss that opportunity to have a little dig at maddison.

stuie

Post by stuie » 07 Dec 2017, 11:21

Brianposh wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 23:55
Great to see Forrester playing much better. Man of the Match for me for sure, followed by Edwards and Maddison. Another weirdo Ref.
Good game, very enjoyable.
:stupid: :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Dec 2017, 13:58

superposh80 wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 11:04
bristleposh wrote:
Maddison stayed on his feet for the entire 90 minutes, didn't go down once....is that better I don't mind making up false statements if you don't mind reading them

Claude Rains

Post by Claude Rains » 07 Dec 2017, 14:06

bristleposh wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 13:58
superposh80 wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 11:04
bristleposh wrote:
Maddison stayed on his feet for the entire 90 minutes, didn't go down once....is that better I don't mind making up false statements if you don't mind reading them
For once It wouldn't be to far from the truth.

He went down theatrically early on, got nothing and seemed to stay on his feet when he could. If anything, their players were trying to get him booked with their own play acting.
You can see me. Nobody sees me, do you hear me? Nobody sees me. I'm invisible!

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 07 Dec 2017, 14:09

Claude, it's just best to accept the fact that some folk have no idea what they're watching on a football pitch and move on.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Dec 2017, 15:51

Claude Rains wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 14:06

He went down theatrically early on, got nothing and seemed to stay on his feet when he could. If anything, their players were trying to get him booked with their own play acting.
Didn't spot you at Woking, although I did see that thar Mowles chappy, also spotted Barry (TrappedInWales)