brexit

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14605
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

brexit

Post by stuie » 05 Dec 2017, 09:46

surely, other than devolved powers, the uk must all have the same rules, if not surely every region within the uk has an argument for a special relationship. As long as Ireland does not join shengan agreement, and the IRA do not start gun running, open borders both for trade and people is not that hard to establish

will we reach a deal to move on to trade talks before Christmas?

Not sure much more can be done, without opening trade talks

IMO we will not reach a soft or hard Brexit, but somewhere in the middle, which would be a sensible and good outcome for all

however a few more twists and turns, and not sure we should be held ransom by the DUP, if the DUP were in a power sharing Nortern Irish government, then they would have more credibility

Theresa May thought she could not negotiate an easy deal without the backing of parliament, unfortunately she made the job twice as difficult by going to the polls, and losing her majority
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

trevormans
Posts: 183
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: brexit

Post by trevormans » 06 Dec 2017, 11:55

the latest revelations to the Select Committee today in which it is now clear that our government has not made any (that is zero) impact assessments either of leaving the EU or indeed leaving the Customs Union or the Single Market shows that our government is more concerned about the Conservative party not falling apart, rather than the prosperity of our country. This is so utterly shameful, negligent and deceitful that I feel it gives cause for the government to actually resign. This is the most important decisions in 70 years yet the government has demonstrated its utter contempt,incompetence and deceit.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14605
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: brexit

Post by stuie » 06 Dec 2017, 12:12

trevormans wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 11:55
the latest revelations to the Select Committee today in which it is now clear that our government has not made any (that is zero) impact assessments either of leaving the EU or indeed leaving the Customs Union or the Single Market shows that our government is more concerned about the Conservative party not falling apart, rather than the prosperity of our country. This is so utterly shameful, negligent and deceitful that I feel it gives cause for the government to actually resign. This is the most important decisions in 70 years yet the government has demonstrated its utter contempt,incompetence and deceit.
unfortunately you are right
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

trevormans
Posts: 183
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: brexit

Post by trevormans » 06 Dec 2017, 19:33

and now davis is saying that the cabinet made no quantification on the costs/benefits of leaving the customs union or the single market

this is so far from credible it is beyond Narnia, beyond fairyland

and they are supposed to be looking after our future prosperity

strong and stable?????????????

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26247
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: brexit

Post by bristleposh » 06 Dec 2017, 20:23

Have they blown their dog whistle
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

trevormans
Posts: 183
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: brexit

Post by trevormans » 06 Dec 2017, 20:35

this is far too serious for your attempts at humour when you miss the point with such consistency

the government are hiding the facts because they are scared brownless that if the truth became known there would be an upsurge in protest that the brexit position would soon become untenable

they have no understanding as to how devastating brexit will be that their response is that they just cover their ears and hope it will be all right

given this weeks performance their will be no more devastating cokeups unless there is a D in the day of the week.

tomorrow is thursDay. rats!!

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 1038
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: brexit

Post by DoubleRay » 07 Dec 2017, 19:19

Brexit:
It's like cutting your nose off to spite your face and then trying to sellotape it back on.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14605
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: brexit

Post by stuie » 07 Dec 2017, 20:54

however, not the Conservatives voted for Brexit, but the country
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

trevormans
Posts: 183
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: brexit

Post by trevormans » 08 Dec 2017, 00:05

and over 63% of the country did not vote for Brexit, yet we are on course for a cataclysm

this is not not not the will of the people

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26247
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: brexit

Post by bristleposh » 08 Dec 2017, 09:29

but 63% of the country did not vote to remain. You still don't seem to have got that into your head, that the opportunity to vote was there for 100% of the populace. The fact that so many of those didn't vote can not for one minute suggest that they all were against leaving. All it does do is underline your argument. The end of the beginning is now with us, the war is just begun.
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 1038
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: brexit

Post by DoubleRay » 08 Dec 2017, 10:39

stuie wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 20:54
however, not the Conservatives voted for Brexit, but the country
Well It was Cameron who rushed through a referendum and Boris who lied through his teeth when he and the unlikely alliance of Farage said it was the thing to do. It was like Batman and Robin befriending the Joker.
I bet many marginal voters now regret their little protest vote.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26247
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: brexit

Post by bristleposh » 08 Dec 2017, 11:13

DoubleRay wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 10:39
stuie wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 20:54
however, not the Conservatives voted for Brexit, but the country
Well It was Cameron who rushed through a referendum and Boris who lied through his teeth when he and the unlikely alliance of Farage said it was the thing to do. It was like Batman and Robin befriending the Joker.
I bet many marginal voters now regret their little protest vote.
I see no reason why they wouldn't be friends Commisioner Gordon was very friendly with Penquin
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14605
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: brexit

Post by stuie » 08 Dec 2017, 12:29

and we move forward to trade talks
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
DoubleRay
Posts: 1038
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 15:39
Location: Stanground

Re: brexit

Post by DoubleRay » 08 Dec 2017, 16:46

Some people shouldn't be allowed to vote. Especially the guy who cemented a microwave oven to his head.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi ... m-42271150

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 14605
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: brexit

Post by stuie » 08 Dec 2017, 18:13

DoubleRay wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 16:46
Some people shouldn't be allowed to vote. Especially the guy who cemented a microwave oven to his head.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi ... m-42271150
:stupid: however was reminded the other day, that when younger, I said people should take an exam before voting etc etc

probably not the best way forward for democracy
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests