Stereotypes UK map

Jokes, Riddles and Trivia. Keep them clean please!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

daib0

Stereotypes UK map

Post by daib0 » 15 Jan 2017, 13:30

A Reddit user posted the cheeky graphic online and got hundreds of comments

Any especially ring true?

Any that offend you?

A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

bristleposh

Re: Stereotypes UK map

Post by bristleposh » 15 Jan 2017, 14:44

I am a Cider Drinker,
I drinks it all of the day,
I am a Cider Drinker,
it soothes all me troubles away,
Ooh arrh, ooh arrh ay, Ooh arrh, ooh arrh ay
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

daib0

Post by daib0 » 15 Jan 2017, 20:31

think it was done as a pure wind up though, without much thought to whether it causes harm or not.
Ones like 'old people go here to die' is certainly a bit over the top for me, but others are funny like 'Hell' for Hull ...
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 15 Jan 2017, 22:49

[quote="daib0"]A Reddit user posted the cheeky graphic online and got hundreds of comments

Any especially ring true?

Any that offend you?

Most of them are a bit rude.
But I can tell you, in confidence, that when I was a very young man I knew a young lady from Essex and I can assure you that her t*ts were not fake.
Being happy never goes out of style

daib0

Post by daib0 » 15 Jan 2017, 23:14

tonyp wrote:
Most of them are a bit rude.
But I can tell you, in confidence, that when I was a very young man I knew a young lady from Essex and I can assure you that her t*ts were not fake.

:lol: :lol:

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 16 Jan 2017, 08:59

daib0 wrote:think it was done as a pure wind up though, without much thought to whether it causes harm or not.
Ones like 'old people go here to die' is certainly a bit over the top for me, but others are funny like 'Hell' for Hull ...
There used to be a saying "from Hell , Hull and Halifax may the Good Lord deliver us". Halifax was infamous for its practice of beheading (with a guillotine or "gibbet") those who stole wool from the tenters but Hull was always just Hell on Earth.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From Happy Valley to the Slough of Despond. :roll:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 22 Jan 2017, 20:30

Poshay wrote:
daib0 wrote:think it was done as a pure wind up though, without much thought to whether it causes harm or not.
There used to be a saying "from Hell , Hull and Halifax may the Good Lord deliver us". Halifax was infamous for its practice of beheading (with a guillotine or "gibbet") those who stole wool from the tenters but Hull was always just Hell on Earth.
Actually, the gibbet refers to the practice of being hanged in chains - when one was gibbeted, they were hanged , once dead , in a metal cage to deter others. A remaining gibbet is at Caxton, Cambs.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 24 Jan 2017, 13:37

DaveLister wrote:
Poshay wrote:
Actually, the gibbet refers to the practice of being hanged in chains - when one was gibbeted, they were hanged , once dead , in a metal cage to deter others. A remaining gibbet is at Caxton, Cambs.
Have a look at http://www.calderdale-online.org/commun ... ife12.html for the Halifax Gibbet.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From Happy Valley to the Slough of Despond. :roll: