Boxing injuries

Jokes, Riddles and Trivia. Keep them clean please!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Boxing injuries

Post by tonyp » 11 Jan 2016, 07:57

“Sure, there have been injuries and deaths in boxing – but none of them serious.” Alan Minter.
Alan Minter is a former British middleweight boxer. He won bronze at the 1972 Munich Olympic Games. As a professional, he won the WBC and WBA Middleweight Championship of the World. He lost both titles against “Marvelous” Marvin Hagler in 1980. He retired one year later.
Being happy never goes out of style

stuie

Re: Boxing injuries

Post by stuie » 11 Jan 2016, 12:47

tonyp wrote:“Sure, there have been injuries and deaths in boxing – but none of them serious.” Alan Minter.
Alan Minter is a former British middleweight boxer. He won bronze at the 1972 Munich Olympic Games. As a professional, he won the WBC and WBA Middleweight Championship of the World. He lost both titles against “Marvelous” Marvin Hagler in 1980. He retired one year later.
I think the deaths would have been serious to the boxers family and friends
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

tonyp

Re: Boxing injuries

Post by tonyp » 11 Jan 2016, 21:36

stuie wrote: I think the deaths would have been serious to the boxers family and friends
I'm sure that everybody who watched the episode of QI would agree with you.
Stephen Fry: [quoting boxer Alan Minter] Sure, there have been injuries and deaths in boxing, but none have been serious.
(Laughter from the panel and the audience).
An amazing thing for the boxer to say. I'm sure he didn't mean it to come out the way it did!!
Being happy never goes out of style