Daily moan!

Jokes, Riddles and Trivia. Keep them clean please!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Daily moan!

Post by ashman » 09 Dec 2015, 15:14

In Just for Fun we now have six daily threads - 'Word of the day,' 'Laughs of the day,' Thought of the day,' 'On this day,' 'Today is,' 'Daily Quiz!' and a 'Did you know!'
I just thought I would add to the confusion! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Re: Daily moan!

Post by ashman » 09 Dec 2015, 15:16

I'll start it then - too many 'daily threads!' and I have now become so bored that I have given up reading any of them!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Dec 2015, 16:23

ashman wrote:I'll start it then - too many 'daily threads!' and I have now become so bored that I have given up reading any of them!
I find that too, I shall stop posting the birthdays, which I believe until recently had been in general and for some odd reason was moved to just for fun anyway.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 09 Dec 2015, 17:31

My moan for the day is......the way everybody pronounces abseil as absail and not absile. If people cannot stomach using German pronunciation they should use rappelle which is the French for the same technique of descending on a rope.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From Happy Valley to the Slough of Despond. :roll:

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 09 Dec 2015, 17:41

My moan, not enough football talk.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

stuie

Post by stuie » 09 Dec 2015, 19:03

ashman wrote:In Just for Fun we now have six daily threads - 'Word of the day,' 'Laughs of the day,' Thought of the day,' 'On this day,' 'Today is,' 'Daily Quiz!' and a 'Did you know!'
I just thought I would add to the confusion! :wink:
I hear what you say and appropriate action taken
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 09 Dec 2015, 22:54

1. I agree with the moan that there seem to be too many "daily threads'.
But I do read them all. Because of the time difference I usually read them when nobody else is on line. Just to prove to the authors that I have read them, I will often congratulate them or comment on a post either with a smile, a clap or a pm.
2. I now know that I've always pronounced abseil incorrectly.
3. I agree that there is not enough football talk. Too many of the football threads degenerate into people telling each other they don't know what they are talking about.
The football threads are the most important to me. Message boards are where I get most of my information from.
4. I think the daily threads belong in "Just for Fun" because that's where I believe they belong.
5. Except for the football comment - does it really matter?
Being happy never goes out of style

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 09 Dec 2015, 23:01

I'm not sure whether this should be in
Moan of the Day
Laugh of the Day
On this Day
Today is
Did you know
Word of the day or
Daily Quiz

On every day an aunt of mine used to moan about something. Not just on Moan Day. I'm not sure she knew the meaning of the word "moan". If she couldn't find something to moan about she'd moan about it.
Does anybody have a friend or relative that moans more than that?

ashman

Post by ashman » 09 Dec 2015, 23:45

My friend's mum moaned at every attempt that the family made to buy her presents for her birthday/Christmas etc. Eventually his wife suggested that as the whole family were so fed up with her moans, they should ALL get her gift vouchers, so she could get exactly what she wanted. My friend and his wife got her a £30 gift voucher from John Lewis, his sister got one from M&S, her husband got one from Boots, her grandchildren got her vouchers from various other stores and all was set for a much improved celebration.
The conversation went something like this.
'Oh, lovely! £30 to spend at John Lewis, £50 at Boots, £30 at M&S' etc.etc.'
Eventually, after opening all the envelopes, she turned to her family and said, 'Thank you so much - but I wish you had all bought vouchers from the same store so I could have got myself something really worthwhile!!!'
True story, and the whole of the family were up in arms and my mate didn't speak to his mum for a couple of months!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 11 Dec 2015, 02:51

ashman wrote:My friend's mum moaned at every attempt that the family made to buy her presents for her birthday/Christmas etc. Eventually his wife suggested that as the whole family were so fed up with her moans, they should ALL get her gift vouchers, so she could get exactly what she wanted. My friend and his wife got her a £30 gift voucher from John Lewis, his sister got one from M&S, her husband got one from Boots, her grandchildren got her vouchers from various other stores and all was set for a much improved celebration.
The conversation went something like this.
'Oh, lovely! £30 to spend at John Lewis, £50 at Boots, £30 at M&S' etc.etc.'
Eventually, after opening all the envelopes, she turned to her family and said, 'Thank you so much - but I wish you had all bought vouchers from the same store so I could have got myself something really worthwhile!!!'
True story, and the whole of the family were up in arms and my mate didn't speak to his mum for a couple of months!
:lol:
I bet, if her name happened to be Lisa, they called her Mona.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 11 Dec 2015, 03:01

My moan for today.
There are over 6000 members on this board.
One of them suggested that six daily threads were too many. He'd stopped reading them. So, he started a seventh!
Stuie threw in the towel and appears to have stopped posting to his daily threads.
Shame, I say. I enjoyed reading them. I know there were others who did as well.
I now have another thread to read every day.

That's my moan out of the way for today.

stuie

Post by stuie » 11 Dec 2015, 17:01

Is certain members post absolute ***** to increase post count. Delete the post count tab, every post is then posted on its on merits, and not posted to increase post count
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Dec 2015, 17:49

two of the posters who the moan was aimed at have stopped posting in their relevant threads, by my calculations just the one to go, although personally I don't mind some of the historical on this day contributions
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 11 Dec 2015, 22:24

stuie wrote:Is certain members post absolute ***** to increase post count. Delete the post count tab, every post is then posted on its on merits, and not posted to increase post count
:lol: :clap: Such as that one for example!
How many people (other than Stuie) actually read the post counts?
(That's not my moan for tomorrow, by the way. I'm still trying to think of one)

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 12 Dec 2015, 11:19

Today's moan : fairy light strings that are wired in series. If a bulb fails the whole string fails and one has to test every bulb with an Avo to find the culprit. Baa Humbug.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From Happy Valley to the Slough of Despond. :roll: