thought of the day

Jokes, Riddles and Trivia. Keep them clean please!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stuie

Re: thought of the day

Post by stuie » 04 Dec 2015, 11:21

We are normally kind to people who are kind to us. But when someone is not behaving well, we tend to change our attitude, response and behaviour toward that person. We wait for the other person to change before changing ourselves. So we do not find change in others nor in ourselves.

When I see others’ inner qualities I connect to them more easily. I will not be dependent on another person’s behaviour for my own growth today. I will see each person’s positive aspects and take them within myself. In this way I will become richer with each interaction.
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 05 Dec 2015, 11:57

The indication of balance in life is a sense of well-being, optimism and a clear conscience. The foundation for achieving this is to look after myself spiritually - making my mind peaceful, loving and thoughtful at all times. Then I will instinctively know how much to spend on my own well being and how much on fulfilling other responsibilities. I can only give my best to others when I am myself at my best.

stuie

Post by stuie » 06 Dec 2015, 14:48

The mind is like a parachute – it works best when it is open. How quickly we make assumptions and jump to conclusions. How easily we form and hold fast to our opinions. An open and understanding mind never assumes, doesn’t jump to conclusions and won’t hold fast to any opinion. Yet we know there are always many points of view (ing), and that seeing each one is much more rewarding, entertaining and enlightening.

stuie

Post by stuie » 07 Dec 2015, 17:45

Humility grows a little more each time I step away from my own feelings and opinions and genuinely listen to the experience of another human being. Humility is dedication to the extent that no acknowledgement is sought for the self. Only when I have learned to value others no more or less than I value myself can I be said to be truly humble.

stuie

Post by stuie » 08 Dec 2015, 18:49

Most of our time goes into pleasing others and making them happy. Often despite our best efforts we find that people do not appreciate what we have done. When we have tried hard to please someone we feel disheartened and upset.

Whatever I do is for myself. When I recognise this fact, I will never do anything just to please others. When I am content with the effort I put in, I will never be dependent on others' recognition of what I have done. When I enjoy everything I do, I will be truly happy. The more content I am, the more others will start appreciating my effort.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 08 Dec 2015, 22:52

stuie wrote:Most of our time goes into pleasing others and making them happy. Often despite our best efforts we find that people do not appreciate what we have done. When we have tried hard to please someone we feel disheartened and upset.

Whatever I do is for myself. When I recognise this fact, I will never do anything just to please others. When I am content with the effort I put in, I will never be dependent on others' recognition of what I have done. When I enjoy everything I do, I will be truly happy. The more content I am, the more others will start appreciating my effort.
"Most of our time goes into pleasing others and making them happy."
"I will never do anything just to please others."
You haven't told us who the author is. Was it DMac?
Being happy never goes out of style

stuie

Post by stuie » 09 Dec 2015, 12:20

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Isaac Asimov

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 09 Dec 2015, 14:39

And above all things, never think that you're not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning.
Isaac Asimov

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 13 Dec 2015, 22:49

stuie wrote:Most of our time goes into pleasing others and making them happy. Often despite our best efforts we find that people do not appreciate what we have done. When we have tried hard to please someone we feel disheartened and upset.

Well you're not pleasing many people by stopping posting your thought of the day.

“Just because they annoy you doesn't mean they’re wrong!”
― Auliq Ice

stuie

Post by stuie » 14 Dec 2015, 11:47

Silence is the best language for communication. It helps us understand and realise the eternal truths about the self, God and the world. In silence we are able to comprehend and express sincerely and powerfully the true values of the soul such as peace, love and joy. Silence is not the absence of thoughts but it is a state in which the mind is engaged in pure elevated thoughts that nuture these values within. The power of silence develops all mental and spiritual powers that are needed to tackle various situations successfully.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 14 Dec 2015, 11:55

stuie wrote:Silence is the best language for communication. It helps us understand and realise the eternal truths about the self, God and the world. In silence we are able to comprehend and express sincerely and powerfully the true values of the soul such as peace, love and joy. Silence is not the absence of thoughts but it is a state in which the mind is engaged in pure elevated thoughts that nuture these values within. The power of silence develops all mental and spiritual powers that are needed to tackle various situations successfully.
:clap: :clap:
Welcome back Stuie.