forth coming meeting

Details of coaches, ticketing and events

Moderators: kerplunk, Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam, Podge123

stuie

forth coming meeting

Postby stuie » 26 Dec 2016, 15:30

I understand that foreverposh pisa and the club have a forthcoming meeting

not sure if anybody on here has details of where I can contact the said members who will be attending the meeting on behalf of forever posh

Clearly I know I cannot change the past, I would like to lobby for forever members to have a better faire ticket allocation, when tickets are limited

I have 3 issues

I live in Cheshire, and it is not possible to queue for tickets, so I rely on ticketmaster telephone or online

issue 1, I have authorisation on my account to buy for one other forever posh member vice versa, the online system denies this authority, the phone accepts this, however I get double charging fees

issue 2 Both for the Northampton game and the Chelsea game, privileges were not changed at the allotted time (for Northampton we then got through via phone, for Chelsea the phone lines were dead

issue 3 why only 1 ticket for forever Posh, and then 4 for Notts coupons (I had 2 forever posh membership cards, 4 Notts ticket stubs, and still got no tickets)
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

Wycliffe

Re: forth coming meeting

Postby Wycliffe » 27 Dec 2016, 20:57

stuie wrote:I understand that foreverposh pisa and the club have a forthcoming meeting

not sure if anybody on here has details of where I can contact the said members who will be attending the meeting on behalf of forever posh

Clearly I know I cannot change the past, I would like to lobby for forever members to have a better faire ticket allocation, when tickets are limited

I have 3 issues

I live in Cheshire, and it is not possible to queue for tickets, so I rely on ticketmaster telephone or online

issue 1, I have authorisation on my account to buy for one other forever posh member vice versa, the online system denies this authority, the phone accepts this, however I get double charging fees

issue 2 Both for the Northampton game and the Chelsea game, privileges were not changed at the allotted time (for Northampton we then got through via phone, for Chelsea the phone lines were dead

issue 3 why only 1 ticket for forever Posh, and then 4 for Notts coupons (I had 2 forever posh membership cards, 4 Notts ticket stubs, and still got no tickets)

Normally first Monday of the month mate but Bob Symns tbf is always open to contact.
As you can imagine I (and I can't speak for FP rep) have quite a 'file' on this subject.
Your points will be put forward

stuie

Postby stuie » 27 Dec 2016, 22:44

Wycliffe wrote:
stuie wrote:I understand that foreverposh pisa and the club have a forthcoming meeting

I have 3 issues

Normally first Monday of the month mate but Bob Symns tbf is always open to contact.
As you can imagine I (and I can't speak for FP rep) have quite a 'file' on this subject.

many thanks, it is a shame foreverposh ain't got you fighting the corner, they haven't even got an e-mail address

I will e-mail Bob Symns directly, however he will not be happy to hear from me, as I one my battle with him on disability

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 28 Dec 2016, 09:06

stuie wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:

I have 3 issues

many thanks, it is a shame foreverposh ain't got you fighting the corner, they haven't even got an e-mail address

I will e-mail Bob Symns directly, however he will not be happy to hear from me, as I one my battle with him on disability

one it?
What's happened to you? :D

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 28 Dec 2016, 19:26

PISA 2000 have sent a letter to the club via Bob.
The points will be ones raised on here and elsewhere but it is for the best that the club get some kind of representation from the fans.
We will make the letter public once the club have received it for those interested.

stuie

Postby stuie » 29 Dec 2016, 13:39

Wycliffe wrote:PISA 2000 have sent a letter to the club via Bob.
The points will be ones raised on here and elsewhere but it is for the best that the club get some kind of representation from the fans.
We will make the letter public once the club have received it for those interested.

well Dwon (done) Aidi

PISA

Wycliffe

Postby Wycliffe » 29 Dec 2016, 17:14

PISA letter.

PISA 2000 would like to place on record their thoughts on the recent ticket allocation issues.

First of all we do appreciate the logistical problems that selling 6000 tickets pose for a club our size and also realise the time of year was not ideal. We would like to acknowledge that the staff of the football club did in fact do a magnificent job under very trying circumstances with some of the issues out of their control.
However, it is fair to say that there are seemingly a large number of POSH supporters who have been unsuccessful in their attempts to purchase a match ticket and there are some PISA members amongst them.

We feel the system as explained pre the Notts County replay was in itself perfectly acceptable.
Season ticket holders were quite rightly given first option followed by Forever Posh and Posh We Are.
The ‘voucher’ holders were promised the opportunity to buy theirs after day one and two and again that was fully acceptable but it is the number of tickets they were allowed to purchase that caused the problems and disquiet.

Had they been allowed just one ticket each like the aforementioned fans the question is of course whether or not this would have encouraged even more to attend the replay.
If that had been the case then nobody would have begrudged them their chance to attend this massive fixture.

We have many examples of genuine POSH who have for a variety of reasons missed out on tickets and if we may we would like to include a few of those in this correspondence.

One of our members lives in Cheshire but is a regular at home and away matches but although not a season ticket holder is a Forever Posh member.
Due to his location he obviously relies on the online ticketing facility.

His first issue:
He has authorisation on his account for a fellow FP member but the online system denied this option, the phone system run by Ticketmaster accepted this but then charged him double the booking fee!

Secondly: Both for the Northampton and Chelsea matches privileges were not changed at the allotted time as promised to supporters (for N’ton he got through via phone but for the Chelsea match the phones were not available.)

Lastly: He understandably enough is not happy at the way the ticket allocation was designed to be distributed and makes this point. He had Two Forever Posh membership cards, Four Notts ticket stubs and still got no tickets whatsoever.

Many fans have also registered their dissatisfaction at the system ‘constantly failing’ (Ticketmaster) as well as their inability to get through via phone.

Privileges acknowledged online (ie being a voucher holder) but then refusing ticket access as no privileges were recognised.

The main complaint seems to be that season ticket holders were not actually treated as well as some who only turned up (in some cases) for just one match but were entitled to Four times the amount of tickets.
The problems in the main were when season ticket holders were intending to go to the match with non season ticket holder’s.
This has often meant that groups that attend ‘normal’ matches together will not be seated alongside one another whilst others who perhaps are not so loyal may be.

There are apocryphal stories of large groups of non Posh supporters attending the match.
In one particular case this involves people who last attended a Posh match when we were at Wembley for the JPT final.

There are also rumours that a large number of city based Chelsea followers will be in the Shed End on the day after a few of them attended the replay, this is where the main problem lies.
The 4 ticket allocation for ‘voucher’ holders is the issue.

Season ticket holders were treated in a less generous way than (again in some cases) non Posh supporters and if the tickets had got to the general sale stage we are of the opinion that the complaints would have been a lot less.
However the overly generous 4 tickets per voucher offer meant this was never going to happen.

Once again we do understand the predicament the club found themselves in but we also think by the club choosing to have a conversation with PISA and FP the furore could have been avoided.
It is always the case that someone would have been disappointed but sadly we are aware of a large number of loyal Posh fans who find themselves sitting well away from those they regularly sit with at matches or not having the opportunity to go at all.

We appreciate the opportunity to make our points and sincerely hope that lessons have been learnt, we also understand that some of the problems were not of the club’s making and appreciate that when things are out of your control it is not easy to ‘rescue’ things.

As an organisation we have a superb relationship with yourselves and we obviously wish for that to continue, we fully expect that to be the case in the future and we look forward to giving any help we can possibly give perhaps in round 4.

None of the recent events will affect this relationship we are sure but we felt it imperative we made the above points and gave a few examples, rest assured we could have given an awful lot more!

Please be aware, whilst we will be delighted if you respond to this letter we will be making it public as we feel the fans whether they be PISA members or not do deserve to have their feelings made clear.

Belated Seasons greetings and good luck for the rest of the season.

Adi Mowles on behalf of The PISA 2000 Committee and members.

stuie

Postby stuie » 29 Dec 2016, 22:24

stuie wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:PISA 2000 have sent a letter to the club via Bob.

well Dwon (done) Aidi

PISA

nice won :lol: ex Deacon's school boy

Return to “ForeverPosh”