Good luck ..... A Levels

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Good luck ..... A Levels

Post by ashman » 15 Aug 2019, 05:47

... to all A-Level students. I hope that you get the grades you need. Let us know!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Re: Good luck .....

Post by tonyp » 15 Aug 2019, 08:52

ashman wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 05:47
... to all A-Level students. I hope that you get the grades you need. Let us know!
:stupid:
But how many A-level students read this message board?
Being happy never goes out of style

Poshay

Re: Good luck .....

Post by Poshay » 15 Aug 2019, 10:38

ashman wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 05:47
And to all those successfully getting their Uni entry requirements remember that the hard work now begins. The self discipline to continue to work hard at their studies when their new found friends are partying non stop in their new environment is a degree harder than they have faced in their schooldays. Best of luck.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Poshay

Re: GCSE Results

Post by Poshay » 22 Aug 2019, 07:56

According to the BBC many students are complaining that the exams were too difficult. The authorities have been trying to raise standards as qualifications seem to have become easier to obtain over recent years with university entrance the norm nowadays rather than the province of the intelligent minority.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 22 Aug 2019, 08:04

Poshay wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 07:56
According to the BBC many students are complaining that the exams were too difficult. The authorities have been trying to raise standards as qualifications seem to have become easier to obtain over recent years with university entrance the norm nowadays rather than the province of the intelligent minority.
The way universities are offering clearance places this year, you get the impression they are desperate.

Russell Group Uni's have dropped from A,A,B to C,D,D for some courses.
I have no internet friends

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 Aug 2019, 08:10

I feel some university degrees which once were the province of those who wanted to learn a subject, have been downgraded. The silly degrees where you can get rewarded for Media Studies, or listening to the music of Steps, I was never well enough educated to get a place at University, despite having attended one (UWE Bristol doing a BEd). It should be about learning a subject that will be worthwhile after you've left uni, the training of Doctors, Scientists etc, not for someone who is going to be a Football Commentator, or a Radio DJ.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 22 Aug 2019, 08:18

I would defintely done a degree in listening to the music of Steps! That H has got a tremendous voice.
I have no internet friends