Slow connection

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19753
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Slow connection

Post by tonyp » 11 Aug 2019, 09:21

Hopefully it is just me but it seems to be taking an age to get on lately.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28657
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Slow connection

Post by bristleposh » 11 Aug 2019, 09:30

tonyp wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 09:21
Hopefully it is just me but it seems to be taking an age to get on lately.
Not just you, I thought it was a problem with my internet connection
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19753
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Slow connection

Post by tonyp » 20 Aug 2019, 22:16

Blimey it's slow again today.
Can't it be fixed?
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17873
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Slow connection

Post by ashman » 21 Aug 2019, 01:02

tonyp wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 22:16
Blimey it's slow again today.
Can't it be fixed?
Please stop continually asking, as Chris Brewer is aware of this problem and is trying hard to get it sorted. The lad has had so much on his plate recently, merely trying to sort out season cards, cash and points awarded when in all honesty it is not his fault. He has been shoved under the bus by a shambles of an outside company that is running the show. I'm sure that fans would much prefer that he sorts out this shambles before embarking on a major upgrade of the forum. (although annoying it's not that bad anyway imo!)
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19753
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Slow connection

Post by tonyp » 21 Aug 2019, 02:34

ashman wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 01:02
tonyp wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 22:16
Blimey it's slow again today.
Can't it be fixed?
Please stop continually asking
(although annoying it's not that bad anyway imo!)
I wasn't asking you. I know you can't fix it.
It was a general question to anybody who has some knowledge of message boards.
I thought it might be a problem my end and so did bristle (his connection).
As there was no response and you think it's not that bad maybe it is only my problem.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17873
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Slow connection

Post by ashman » 21 Aug 2019, 08:26

tonyp wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 02:34
ashman wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 01:02
tonyp wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 22:16
Blimey it's slow again today.
Can't it be fixed?
Please stop continually asking
(although annoying it's not that bad anyway imo!)
I wasn't asking you. I know you can't fix it.
It was a general question to anybody who has some knowledge of message boards.
I thought it might be a problem my end and so did bristle (his connection).
As there was no response and you think it's not that bad maybe it is only my problem.
I'll repeat Tony, for the hard of typing! Everyone is finding it slow at certain times and it may have something to do with it showing 'NOT SECURE' in the title heading. Chris is aware and is doing all he can. He seems to think that another software update maybe necessary and will do this if he is allowed and if he can find the time!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28657
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Slow connection

Post by bristleposh » 21 Aug 2019, 08:31

I....d..o..n..'..t.....u..n..d..e..r..s..t..a..n..d....t..h..e....q..u..e..s..t..i..o..n
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 412
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Slow connection

Post by Gaz_Miller » 21 Aug 2019, 09:01

ashman wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 08:26
I'll repeat Tony, for the hard of typing! Everyone is finding it slow at certain times and it may have something to do with it showing 'NOT SECURE' in the title heading. Chris is aware and is doing all he can. He seems to think that another software update maybe necessary and will do this if he is allowed and if he can find the time!
To get around the 'Not secure' message you have to buy a SSL certificate & then get it added to your hosting server.

It depends who you're with, but I use Bluehost for my websites & they automatically add the certificate for you. It then takes about 24 hours to propogate.
I have no internet friends

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17873
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Slow connection

Post by ashman » 21 Aug 2019, 09:23

bristleposh wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 08:31
I....d..o..n..'..t.....u..n..d..e..r..s..t..a..n..d....t..h..e....q..u..e..s..t..i..o..n
Point proved! :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19753
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Slow connection

Post by tonyp » 21 Aug 2019, 09:45

bristleposh wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 08:31
I....d..o..n..'..t.....u..n..d..e..r..s..t..a..n..d....t..h..e....q..u..e..s..t..i..o..n
I....d..o..n..'..t.....u..n..d..e..r..s..t..a..n..d....t..h..e....q..u..e..s..t..i..o..n......e..i..t ..h..e ..r

but, then again,
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19753
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Slow connection

Post by tonyp » 21 Aug 2019, 09:51

Gaz_Miller wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 09:01
To get around the 'Not secure' message you have to buy a SSL certificate & then get it added to your hosting server.

It depends who you're with, but I use Bluehost for my websites & they automatically add the certificate for you. It then takes about 24 hours to propogate.
The slowness has nothing to do with the not secure problem.
And we individuals can't buy a SSL certificate.
There are plenty of sites showing NOT SECURE and they are not all slow.
LondonRoadnet doesn't have the problem. Cricinfo used to have but have fixed it.

We just have to accept it.
Being happy never goes out of style

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 412
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Slow connection

Post by Gaz_Miller » 21 Aug 2019, 09:57

tonyp wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 09:51
The slowness has nothing to do with the not secure problem.
And we individuals can't buy a SSL certificate.
There are plenty of sites showing NOT SECURE and they are not all slow.
LondonRoadnet doesn't have the problem. Cricinfo used to have but have fixed it.

We just have to accept it.
I didn't say it did have anything to do with the slowness :?
I have no internet friends

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19753
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Slow connection

Post by tonyp » 21 Aug 2019, 10:04

Gaz_Miller wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 09:57
tonyp wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 09:51
The slowness has nothing to do with the not secure problem.
And we individuals can't buy a SSL certificate.
There are plenty of sites showing NOT SECURE and they are not all slow.
LondonRoadnet doesn't have the problem. Cricinfo used to have but have fixed it.

We just have to accept it.
I didn't say it did have anything to do with the slowness :?
No, you didn't. Somebody did. You referred to the SSL certificate.
Being happy never goes out of style

Post Reply