Topics we are allowed to discuss

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Topics we are allowed to discuss

Post by Gaz_Miller » 05 Aug 2019, 10:46

Can a moderator please explain why we can't discuss the performance of Peterborough United's football manager on Peterborough United's official fan forum?

It makes no sense whatsoever that we can't post about the most important person at any football club.

My brother has informed me that mumsnet have issued warnings over the weekend that fans can't discuss the manager there either, so is this a pact between the two sites or can't you think for yourselves? I've also been informed that moderators on mumsnet are discussing Steve Evans and allowing that to stay.

I can't imagine any other football forum banning their members from discussing the manager of their clubs.

Come on guys, it's an extremely important subject & Ferguson's performance should come under scrutiny before, during and after EVERY single match.
I have no internet friends

bristleposh

Re: Topics we are allowed to discuss

Post by bristleposh » 05 Aug 2019, 10:58

It probably has something to do with the same people bringing up the same things ad infinitum. If you talk about something without infringing on items that should be sub judice then I can't see a problem, trouble is people tend to go down that road and let their opinions, of a persons private lives drive their motivations. Despite the disappointing result on the football pitch on Saturday the football was far more pleasant to watch than the previous encumbants brand of hoof it and hope, trouble is at the moment the players who are not used to playing at London Road/Abax/Weston Homes (what ever difference that should make I have absolutely No idea) but it does give the manager/owners a relatively easy opt out. Give the manager a few games say the end of September and if we are still only 12 points from the foot of the table the time will have arrived for everyone to have a dig.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

ashman

Post by ashman » 05 Aug 2019, 12:12

Absolutely bristle. As you say it is still the same old posters dragging up Evan's wonderful time here at London Road and re-iterating what they have posted time and again about the present manager. Fed up of hearing the same old same old!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 05 Aug 2019, 14:40

But surely the point that Gaz is making is that it should surely be a reasonable topic for this forum to discuss the manager's performance.

It is surely reasonable to do this

is this seriously being vetoed?

is dominic Cummings involved?

My own belief is that Ferguson is very substantially the best manager we have had this century.

We have lost one league game in the last three months or so, so there is plenty of time to get it right. and as Bristle says if things are not back on track by late September then we can all join in with the fergie kicking. His dad took six years to get it right at Manu,

The season we were relegated at selhurst we had a dreadful start to the season (7 losses? and then a few more before we actually got going) but ended up playing some of the best football for a very long time. Wolves and Blackburn, and against Wednesday, inter alia, were memorable

Evans had a wonderful two opportunities to get it right, (end of one season without his own men , and then start of another with a totally clean sheet)

In my view he failed twice on two counts , as a manager and also as a man. Everything was always somebody else's fault That is my honest view.

So I will disagree with Gaz , on the relative merits of fergie and evans,, but will fully support his point that it should be open to discussion/ rant

ashman

Post by ashman » 05 Aug 2019, 15:37

Gaz does have a point about what should be discussed. It is when posters start telling people to shut up that the shutters will be closed. Many still don't agree with him as he is and always has been anti-Fergie.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 05 Aug 2019, 17:11

I am honestly not hoping people just agree with me, all I want is that the manager should be discussed on a fans forum.

What do you think Arsenal's forum(s) were like for the past six or seven seasons? Arsene Wenger was discussed until the cows came home. Then Rafa Benitez at Newcastle. Can you image the mods banning those subjects (& then getting all excited and banning people)?

Whoever runs this website has a fantastic opportunity to make this by far the best fans forum for Posh BUT you won't get anywhere if you just copy what they do on mumsnet. It's incredibly sad to be a mod on a forum and believe you have power to ban people and subjects, incredibly SAD.

For the record, Fergie has failed wherever he hasn't inherited a very good team. His transfer record is quite shocking & I'm led to believe that every one of his new players had a dreadful debut on Saturday.

For me, that's very disturbing & given the fact that MacAnthony has said that Ferguson will be his last manager then he simply HAS to get it right.

As I said in a post that was deleted, the remainder of August looks a lot more daunting than Fleetwood Town at home. Where do we stand IF we lost at Oxford and then have home games against the two favourites before the end of the month?

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 06 Aug 2019, 05:41

I don't know what posts have been deleted but it seems to me that there has been plenty of discussion about the Fleetwood game including talking about the manager as well as the players.
There is a difference between discussing and raving on about how bad someone is.
Being happy never goes out of style

Mangosuthu Buthelezi

Post by Mangosuthu Buthelezi » 07 Aug 2019, 16:20

It's almost as if there's a pattern emerging

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 07 Aug 2019, 22:36

We will meet soon. I’m looking forward to it.

BeardedBeryl

Post by BeardedBeryl » 08 Aug 2019, 13:42

Bless

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 Aug 2019, 13:44

My legacy lives on :clap2:

Nice to see you are still worried about what I have to say.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Aug 2019, 19:19

For the removal of any doubt may I be clear that I worry not, and I never have, a single jot about what you have to say

Most of it is so negative about almost everything that I find it barely worthy of reading let alone responding

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 Aug 2019, 20:30

trevormans wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 19:19
For the removal of any doubt may I be clear that I worry not, and I never have, a single jot about what you have to say

Most of it is so negative about almost everything that I find it barely worthy of reading let alone responding
That's good. Who are you?

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 09 Aug 2019, 07:31

I refer you to the last line of my previous post

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 09 Aug 2019, 09:22

trevormans wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 07:31
I refer you to the last line of my previous post
But you did respond :roll:

Don't be another one who hides behind a username.