Next Prime Minister

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

trevormans
Posts: 557
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by trevormans » 18 Jul 2019, 14:54

If anybody saw the lies that BJ was putting out yesterday about selling kippers, at the final hustings ,
https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/07/18/g ... id=webmail

then you ought to understand the way he (and the whole brexit campaign) works.

He was talking about how there is an Isle of Man trader who says his costs will rise because of an EU directive about selling kippers with an ice pack

Of course this is wrong because

a) the isle of man is outside the EU

b) the legislation is British it is not EU directive/law.



no matter about the truth, , BJ (Arron Banks, Fromage and so many others) works on the principle that mud sticks, and if you can tell lies often enough then some gullible people will accept it as the truth and pass it on. Many of the 17.4 millions were taken in by such round objects but they dare not admit it. As Mark Twain said, it is easier to fool people, than it is to get them to admit that they have been fooled. The same happened with the 90 millions from Turkey , and the £350 millions per week and so much more. If all these were true then they would be spouted today. They are not. The brexiteers dare not claim any economic advantages , because there are no net benefits.



This man is scheduled to become our First Lord of the Treasury, and he is clearly not worthy of any respect. He is a celebrity not a serious Prime Minister

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28689
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by bristleposh » 18 Jul 2019, 15:36

As it’s a crown dependency as is Gibraltar they are part of the EU, more fake news coming from the remoaners. It may well be a British Directive, but try keeping all the facts correct,
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 412
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by Gaz_Miller » 18 Jul 2019, 16:10

trevormans wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 14:54
If anybody saw the lies that BJ was putting out yesterday about selling kippers, at the final hustings ,
https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/07/18/g ... id=webmail

then you ought to understand the way he (and the whole brexit campaign) works.

He was talking about how there is an Isle of Man trader who says his costs will rise because of an EU directive about selling kippers with an ice pack

Of course this is wrong because

a) the isle of man is outside the EU

b) the legislation is British it is not EU directive/law.



no matter about the truth, , BJ (Arron Banks, Fromage and so many others) works on the principle that mud sticks, and if you can tell lies often enough then some gullible people will accept it as the truth and pass it on. Many of the 17.4 millions were taken in by such round objects but they dare not admit it. As Mark Twain said, it is easier to fool people, than it is to get them to admit that they have been fooled. The same happened with the 90 millions from Turkey , and the £350 millions per week and so much more. If all these were true then they would be spouted today. They are not. The brexiteers dare not claim any economic advantages , because there are no net benefits.



This man is scheduled to become our First Lord of the Treasury, and he is clearly not worthy of any respect. He is a celebrity not a serious Prime Minister
All correct & so true about people not admitting they were fooled. It takes a lot of guts to admit "I got it wrong & now I apologise".

What with Trump spouting racism and whipping crowds up into a frenzy to start singing "send her home", we are living in very frightening and dangerous times.

Anybody condoning this behaviour absolutely baffles me in 2019. It's almost as if they totally avoided education & believe the right wing propaganda as gospel.
I have no internet friends

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1799
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by White G » 18 Jul 2019, 17:15

"Bojo" doesn't have the bottle to condemn Trump as racist. He'll continue to arm the Saudi terrorists as he's came out and said that if we don't sell them, someone else will. Imagine a drug dealer trying that line in court!

The man is poison and has no Idea what the issues for everyday people. He thinks that acting the goat will make people think he's one of us, but only a fool can trust him to run the country.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28689
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by bristleposh » 18 Jul 2019, 17:34

Trouble with an attack with three left wingers, is there is never anyone to knock in the easy shots. Who do we have that is better than Boris who has not already been ruled out by the MPs or ruled out because they have no idea how to run a 100 yards let alone a country.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans
Posts: 557
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by trevormans » 18 Jul 2019, 18:14

if the only argument is there is no one better than the heffalump, then that is no argument.He is an utterly inconsistent, philandering, untrustworthy, self interested lying twerp who cannot get his facts right either about straight bananas, Italian condoms, manx kippers or women in Iranian Jails. He is a total liability

I think that there are a dozen in Parliament who would do a sounder job although some may not excite most of the blue rinse brigade

Incidentally The Isle of Man, despite your dismissive insistence, has never been part of the UK nor part of the EU. Perhaps you should keep your fake news to yourself, and get your facts right, instead of suggesting that I do so.

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government ... stitution/


Anybody who refers to "Remoaners" sends out an automatic signal that they have no cogent economic arguments to support Brexit, and as such their views can be dismissed without consideration

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 6119
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by Poshay » 18 Jul 2019, 18:58

Is Johnson really cut out for it? Watch BBC1 at 10.30 tonight for clues. It used to be said that Johnsons was the best for skin disease prevention ; but does it just powder over the cracks?
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28689
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by bristleposh » 18 Jul 2019, 19:08

trevormans wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 18:14
if the only argument is there is no one better than the heffalump, then that is no argument.He is an utterly inconsistent, philandering, untrustworthy, self interested lying twerp who cannot get his facts right either about straight bananas, Italian condoms, manx kippers or women in Iranian Jails. He is a total liability

I think that there are a dozen in Parliament who would do a sounder job although some may not excite most of the blue rinse brigade

Incidentally The Isle of Man, despite your dismissive insistence, has never been part of the UK nor part of the EU. Perhaps you should keep your fake news to yourself, and get your facts right, instead of suggesting that I do so.

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government ... stitution/


Anybody who refers to "Remoaners" sends out an automatic signal that they have no cogent economic arguments to support Brexit, and as such their views can be dismissed without consideration
Well I never, is that the same for The Isle of Wight, The Isle of Dogs, The Isle of Ely and any of the other thousands of offshore islands around the UK
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans
Posts: 557
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by trevormans » 18 Jul 2019, 19:20

No
Try to keep up

The Isle of Wight is one of smallest English counties and was the uk base for the hitler youth in the 1930’s

The isle of dogs ought to include Barking

And the isle of Ely includes one of the two cathedral cities in Cambridgeshire

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28689
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by bristleposh » 18 Jul 2019, 20:10

I still don’t see any suggestions for improvements on Boris for PM
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans
Posts: 557
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by trevormans » 18 Jul 2019, 20:36

I would still prefer to hear why such an incompetent who has achieved virtually nothing by his own efforts in public office, who is a serial liar, a lazy incompetent and inconsistent twerp, but worthy of nothing, born of privilege but devoid of public spirit, should even be in the top 100 MPS


there is nothing about him but mendacious waffle and piffle, who being born American thinks it is his duty to grow his tongue a few extra inches and fend fromage off to see who can get his nose closer to trumps lower intestine

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16272
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by DaveLister » 21 Jul 2019, 19:49

trevormans wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 20:36
I would still prefer to hear why such an incompetent who has achieved virtually nothing by his own efforts in public office, who is a serial liar, a lazy incompetent and inconsistent twerp, but worthy of nothing, born of privilege but devoid of public spirit, should even be in the top 100 MPS


there is nothing about him but mendacious waffle and piffle, who being born American thinks it is his duty to grow his tongue a few extra inches and fend fromage off to see who can get his nose closer to trumps lower intestine
So, he's just like every other politician then?
Image

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19780
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by tonyp » 21 Jul 2019, 22:25

DaveLister wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 19:49
trevormans wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 20:36
I would still prefer to hear why such an incompetent who has achieved virtually nothing by his own efforts in public office, who is a serial liar, a lazy incompetent and inconsistent twerp, but worthy of nothing, born of privilege but devoid of public spirit, should even be in the top 100 MPS


there is nothing about him but mendacious waffle and piffle, who being born American thinks it is his duty to grow his tongue a few extra inches and fend fromage off to see who can get his nose closer to trumps lower intestine
So, he's just like every other politician then?
Correct, Dave.
trevormans says "I would still prefer to hear why such an incompetent .. should even be in the top 100 MPS"
and "there is nothing about him but mendacious waffle and piffle"
Well he certainly is in the top 100.
We could be forgiven for thinking that trevormans might be describing himself with his last comment.
Being happy never goes out of style

trevormans
Posts: 557
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by trevormans » 21 Jul 2019, 22:45

We all know he is going to be the next pm

My point is I have yet to hear why such a self interested mendacious lazy incompetent self interested inconsistent twerp is actually in the top 100
As foreign secretary he achieved nothing


To say that he is just like all the others is so wrong

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19780
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Next Prime Minister

Post by tonyp » 21 Jul 2019, 23:21

trevormans wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 22:45
My point is I have yet to hear why such a self interested mendacious lazy incompetent self interested inconsistent twerp is actually in the top 100
OK well if that really is your point then the very simple, easy to understand, answer is
Because he was chosen by a majority of Conservative members.
(I presume you weren't one of them).
If DaveLister is right those (in Parliament) who voted for(and against) him are also "self interested mendacious lazy incompetent self interested inconsistent twerps".
Being happy never goes out of style

Locked