Boris Johnson

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

trevormans
Posts: 507
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by trevormans » 22 Jun 2019, 13:44

No! Emphatically not

Specifically I am looking to see whether brexiteers have a balanced view or not. It is my view that they do not have a balanced view. They have listened just to the sound bites

If they do have a balanced view, then presumably they will feel that they know just what it is that is being lost and will be able to weigh those losses against the spurious benefits

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28425
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jun 2019, 16:08

List the benefits then, I'm not seeing any our taxpayers money is helping to subsidise struggling economies like Greece, Italy, Portugal, Romania and many of the other Baltic States
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans
Posts: 507
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by trevormans » 22 Jun 2019, 17:49

II understand.

You cannot list the benefits that we will be losing because you do not understand their value. So you seek to divert attention from the main question. You even believe we send £350 millions per week. Even Fromage says that is untrue

This is why I cannot take Brexiteer's claim seriously when they say they knew the implications of what brexit means.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28425
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jun 2019, 18:01

trevormans wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 17:49
II understand.

You cannot list the benefits that we will be losing because you do not understand their value. So you seek to divert attention from the main question. You even believe we send £350 millions per week. Even Fromage says that is untrue

This is why I cannot take Brexiteer's claim seriously when they say they knew the implications of what brexit means.
I didn't say £350m, that is a gross figure the net figure is roughly £250m which equates to roughly 12.5 billion as I said. Still not seeing any benefits coming from your keyboard. I forgot they're just sound bites, and dog whistles.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans
Posts: 507
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by trevormans » 22 Jun 2019, 19:45

No!
It is me who has challenged you to name the benefits not the other way round!

If I quoted them you would say they are fake news

But if you fully believe there are no major benefits which we will lose on brexit then it is clear to me that your views are not well balanced and have not understood the benefits.

Even Jeremy hunt this week told the five wise men of the 40% tariffs faced by Shropshire sheep farmers on brexit and none of the twerps could fumble a response

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28425
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jun 2019, 19:58

trevormans wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 19:45
No!
It is me who has challenged you to name the benefits not the other way round!
I said the benefits were £12.5 billion per annum 15 love
Your return
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans
Posts: 507
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by trevormans » 22 Jun 2019, 20:12

as ever you miss the point,

your figures are your estimate of what we might save (themselves over 130% of reality more like 8 to 9 billion)
BUT I have asked you to name the benefits we will lose , not the savings

foot fault against you , and then just to help you realise what we might lose

https://smallbusinessprices.co.uk/remain-eu/


match point to me

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 278
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by Gaz_Miller » 22 Jun 2019, 20:41

trevormans wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 20:12
as ever you miss the point,

your figures are your estimate of what we might save (themselves over 130% of reality more like 8 to 9 billion)
BUT I have asked you to name the benefits we will lose , not the savings

foot fault against you , and then just to help you realise what we might lose

https://smallbusinessprices.co.uk/remain-eu/


match point to me
Quit while you’re winning :clap2:
I have no internet friends

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19533
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by tonyp » 22 Jun 2019, 21:32

Boris Johnson, the frontrunner to be the UK’s next prime minister, explained.
https://www.vox.com/2019/6/10/18638824/ ... ter-brexit
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28425
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jun 2019, 22:24

trevormans wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 20:12
as ever you miss the point,

your figures are your estimate of what we might save (themselves over 130% of reality more like 8 to 9 billion)
BUT I have asked you to name the benefits we will lose , not the savings

foot fault against you , and then just to help you realise what we might lose

https://smallbusinessprices.co.uk/remain-eu/


match point to me
What a load of pony, most of those things are not true and are not worth the paper they're written on.
Lies of the remoaners, who will not accept that we would be better off out of the Union
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans
Posts: 507
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by trevormans » 23 Jun 2019, 08:09

I understood that you would dismiss those and that you would not consider them properly

Which is why I have asked you to say what five things we will actually lose when we leave the eu

To my mind the fact that you are not capable of having a balanced view fully demonstrates that you have never fully understood the implications of leaving

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19533
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by tonyp » 23 Jun 2019, 08:16

Boris Johnson: 'Frightened' neighbour defends recording partner row.
The neighbour who called police about a loud row at the home of Boris Johnson - and later released a recording to a newspaper - has defended his actions.
BBC News
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48734660
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17713
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by ashman » 23 Jun 2019, 09:27

tonyp wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 08:16
Boris Johnson: 'Frightened' neighbour defends recording partner row.
The neighbour who called police about a loud row at the home of Boris Johnson - and later released a recording to a newspaper - has defended his actions.
BBC News
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48734660
Good on him for contacting the police (if he was genuinely worried about the safety of the people in the house) but after the police investigated the incident to then go to the Grauniad was out of order IMO.
"Once clear that no-one was harmed, I contacted the Guardian, as I felt it was of important public interest." No it isn't, it is a personal incident between two adults. Nothing more, nothing less. He was merely seeking attention - and he has succeeded! :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28425
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by bristleposh » 23 Jun 2019, 10:27

ashman wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 09:27
tonyp wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 08:16
Boris Johnson: 'Frightened' neighbour defends recording partner row.
The neighbour who called police about a loud row at the home of Boris Johnson - and later released a recording to a newspaper - has defended his actions.
BBC News
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48734660
Good on him for contacting the police (if he was genuinely worried about the safety of the people in the house) but after the police investigated the incident to then go to the Grauniad was out of order IMO.
"Once clear that no-one was harmed, I contacted the Guardian, as I felt it was of important public interest." No it isn't, it is a personal incident between two adults. Nothing more, nothing less. He was merely seeking attention - and he has succeeded! :roll:
In full agreement, I also apologise for going off thread discussing exzctly the topics that caused the last thread to be closed.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans
Posts: 507
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by trevormans » 25 Jun 2019, 19:47

when a putative prime minister shows himself to be

a liar
a narcissist
irrational
shallow
incompetent
unstable
petulant
fickle
disloyal

then it is totally appropriate that this be made known to the british people. all information about this clown is of public interest

we should not be making allowances for the fact that he replaces seriousness with charm and humour

Locked