Boris Johnson

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28417
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by bristleposh » 20 Jun 2019, 23:40

Perhaps it was meant keep it polite
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19531
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by tonyp » 21 Jun 2019, 05:55

Maybe he meant to say "Keep to the subject". That would make a change for threads on this message board. :lol:
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 6006
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by Poshay » 21 Jun 2019, 07:42

We are now down to just 2 candidates but why will it take another 4 weeks or so before we have a new PM. Meanwhile we are rudderless with a lame duck PM nominally in charge of the country. This hiatus would be better served by seriously settling Brexit one way or the other.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17706
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by ashman » 21 Jun 2019, 09:54

tonyp wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 22:57
ashman wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 19:34
KIP please gents!
I thought KIP stood for Keep It Posh but obviously not.
'Keep it Political' or as bristle says 'Keep it Polite' instead of going on about Hitler!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9476
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by Brianposh » 21 Jun 2019, 10:43

Poshay wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 07:42
We are now down to just 2 candidates but why will it take another 4 weeks or so before we have a new PM. Meanwhile we are rudderless with a lame duck PM nominally in charge of the country. This hiatus would be better served by seriously settling Brexit one way or the other.
We voted to leave 29th March 2019, and as far as I am concerned we have done so. Anything not agreed/discussed up to this date should have been sorted afterwards. Job done, no problem. :roll:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

trevormans
Posts: 503
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by trevormans » 21 Jun 2019, 15:10

Brianposh wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 10:43
Poshay wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 07:42
We are now down to just 2 candidates but why will it take another 4 weeks or so before we have a new PM. Meanwhile we are rudderless with a lame duck PM nominally in charge of the country. This hiatus would be better served by seriously settling Brexit one way or the other.
We voted to leave 29th March 2019, and as far as I am concerned we have done so. Anything not agreed/discussed up to this date should have been sorted afterwards. Job done, no problem. :roll:
this is silly. truly silly

whatever the result of the referendum, we did not vote to leave on 29th march 2019. That was merely the date 2 years after Parliament enacted(?) article 50.
parliament then voted to postpone it (twice) . this postponement was agreed by parliament. We are a parliamentary democracy

saying phrases like "job done" "end of " or "fact!" does not make it any truer.

the fact that you say "we have done so" shows just how little you have understood about the process. but like so many Brexiteers (and indeed many remainers) you may well claim " I know what I voted for" when the reality is that in truth you , like so many others, only have (and had at the time) only a partial understanding

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28417
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by bristleposh » 21 Jun 2019, 17:48

trevormans wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 15:10


the fact that you say "we have done so" shows just how little you have understood about the process. but like so many Brexiteers (and indeed many remainers) you may well claim " I know what I voted for" when the reality is that in truth you , like so many others, only have (and had at the time) only a partial understanding
We all understood the choice, whether we wished to reman in the EU or leave, the majority of people capable of making a choice between those two options chose to leave, simples.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans
Posts: 503
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by trevormans » 21 Jun 2019, 20:11

we all knew it was an advisory referendum because that was the law.

very few of us knew the full implications of staying or remaining

we are now three years on and we have learnt a good deal more. it is no wonder that the brexiteers, having not got their mandate in the last general election are frightened to put it to the people again, because they know full well that so many more people have a clearer understanding
of the truth. blobby is panic stricken by the thought.

the Brecon and Radnorshire bye election will be a fair test as to whether there is a clear swing away from brexit,

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28417
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by bristleposh » 21 Jun 2019, 20:48

The Welsh voted to remain, I believe, the brexiteers as you so delightfully call them, were mainly remainers who tried to do the right thing by the electorate, something that Labour and the LibDems are not prepared to do, they think they know better than us thick people who used our democratic right to make a decision. There are still a lot of people out there who still won't accept the rights of the electorate.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 276
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by Gaz_Miller » 22 Jun 2019, 08:16

So we can now add wife beater to racist, sexist, homophobic, privileged ex Eton scum.

Oh, I do hope he becomes the leader of our country
I have no internet friends

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28417
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jun 2019, 08:41

Gaz_Miller wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 08:16
So we can now add wife beater to racist, sexist, homophobic, privileged ex Eton scum.

Oh, I do hope he becomes the leader of our country
More fake news, are you no longer allowed to argue with your partner, my wife and I would be arrested every day if that was the case.

I notice how you managed to avoid the statements I made, perhaps democracy is something else you have failed to comprehend. I personally would prefer to listen to an established entrepreneur in Tim Martin, who is not an Etonian, who is adamant a no deal exit would be the best outcome. Rather than listen to a couple of keyboard warriors who consider remain against public opinion is the correct and educated thing to do.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19531
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by tonyp » 22 Jun 2019, 10:10

The thread title is "Boris Johnson".
Boris Johnson will be the next PM.
You read it here first.
tonyp wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 21:31
Post by tonyp » Sat May 25, 2019 9:04 am

Boris Johnson will get the job.
Being happy never goes out of style

trevormans
Posts: 503
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by trevormans » 22 Jun 2019, 10:54

bristleposh wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 08:41
Gaz_Miller wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 08:16
So we can now add wife beater to racist, sexist, homophobic, privileged ex Eton scum.

Oh, I do hope he becomes the leader of our country
More fake news, are you no longer allowed to argue with your partner, my wife and I would be arrested every day if that was the case.

I notice how you managed to avoid the statements I made, perhaps democracy is something else you have failed to comprehend. I personally would prefer to listen to an established entrepreneur in Tim Martin, who is not an Etonian, who is adamant a no deal exit would be the best outcome. Rather than listen to a couple of keyboard warriors who consider remain against public opinion is the correct and educated thing to do.
I do not believe that there is anybody on this planet who could substantiate a claim that I have ever sought to evade an argument or point of view.
This cannot be said however for others on this website .
Whenever people tell me they knew what the implications of leaving the EU are, then to test their balanced (as opposed to soundbite driven )views, I ask them to name five things of substance that we will be giving up if we leave. Nobody has ever been able to give a valid response.

In my view therefore they have not taken a balanced view, and have not fully understood the full implications of “leave means leave”. They have merely followed the soundbites and lies , from Blobby Fromage Banks and Cummings. You do not have to be thick to be misled and misinformed. Goebbels knew this , and they told big lies with scapegoats. The Germans are not stupid or bad people , but they were led astray by big lies (they called it democratic)
I challenge anybody to name the five biggest losses when we do leave

Mr Wetherspoon never substantiates his view of how we will prosper under WTO rules. Of course he will prosper, but there is no evidence that the country as a whole will do so. Fromage even more so. Cummings is frightened to appear before the Committee and Banks is know to be less than fully honest

There are many forms of Democracy. In our country , a representative democracy, we generally put it to a general election. That generally trumps all things

Mrs Strong and stable asked for a mandate for Brexit in her general election and the people did not give her the mandate
That was democracy in action

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28417
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jun 2019, 11:38

trevormans wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 10:54

I do not believe that there is anybody on this planet who could substantiate a claim that I have ever sought to evade an argument or point of view.
This cannot be said however for others on this website .
Whenever people tell me they knew what the implications of leaving the EU are, then to test their balanced (as opposed to soundbite driven )views, I ask them to name five things of substance that we will be giving up if we leave. Nobody has ever been able to give a valid response.

In my view therefore they have not taken a balanced view, and have not fully understood the full implications of “leave means leave”. They have merely followed the soundbites and lies , from Blobby Fromage Banks and Cummings. You do not have to be thick to be misled and misinformed. Goebbels knew this , and they told big lies with scapegoats. The Germans are not stupid or bad people , but they were led astray by big lies (they called it democratic)
I challenge anybody to name the five biggest losses when we do leave

Mr Wetherspoon never substantiates his view of how we will prosper under WTO rules. Of course he will prosper, but there is no evidence that the country as a whole will do so. Fromage even more so. Cummings is frightened to appear before the Committee and Banks is know to be less than fully honest

There are many forms of Democracy. In our country , a representative democracy, we generally put it to a general election. That generally trumps all things

Mrs Strong and stable asked for a mandate for Brexit in her general election and the people did not give her the mandate
That was democracy in action
I assume you mean the five biggest gains?

I can think of roughly £12.5 billion per annum that will be a gain, I don’t expect to see that figure quoted by any of the Europhiles. The left wing media (BBC included) only process the facts that suit their argument. Take the main news bulletin a couple of days ago where the top story was about a Conservative MP who stopped a protestor and marched her out of a private meeting, where she should not have been, yet a story about 40 arrests in Yorkshire of a paedophile gang who exploited young white girls between 10 and 15 didn’t get a mention. I wonder why that was.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19531
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by tonyp » 22 Jun 2019, 13:01

We really need a thread about Brexit as well as one about Boris Johnson.
I challenge anybody to name the five biggest losses when he becomes PM.
Someone else can name the five biggest gains when he becomes PM.
Being happy never goes out of style

Locked