Boris Johnson

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Boris Johnson

Post by Gaz_Miller » 13 Jun 2019, 13:21

This country's going to ruin.

That said, this could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Riots and general mayhem - bring it on.

#enoughisenough
I have no internet friends

Brianposh

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by Brianposh » 13 Jun 2019, 15:54

Good first vote for Boris, the rest have got to wake up.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 13 Jun 2019, 21:31

Post by tonyp » Sat May 25, 2019 9:04 am

Boris Johnson will get the job.
Being happy never goes out of style

White G

Post by White G » 13 Jun 2019, 23:17

I can't think of 1 quality this man has, but there's so many reasons why he shouldn't be PM. It's an utter joke and the UK is guaranteed to face more instability & turmoil.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 14 Jun 2019, 00:36

White G wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 23:17
I can't think of 1 quality this man has, but there's so many reasons why he shouldn't be PM. It's an utter joke and the UK is guaranteed to face more instability & turmoil.
It doesn't matter what you or I think about him. Same as it was with Trump. I didn't vote for Trump and I don't get a vote on whether or not Boris Johnson is the next PM.
Maybe you are in a position to influence those who do vote. I'm not.
It seems to me that there are enough of those who do decide the issue to get him into 10 Downing Street.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Jun 2019, 07:34

White G wrote:
I can think of many qualities he has over and above that lefty has on the other side, he’d have us sign up to the Soviet Union (if there still was one). I always thought David Blunkett should have been leader, then it really would have been the blind leading the blind. A lot of people thought you couldn’t do worse than Kinnock and Michael Foot but Corbyn certainly outstrips those two.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Jun 2019, 07:48

bristleposh wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 07:34
White G wrote:
I can think of many qualities he has over and above that lefty has on the other side, he’d have us sign up to the Soviet Union (if there still was one). I always thought David Blunkett should have been leader, then it really would have been the blind leading the blind. A lot of people thought you couldn’t do worse than Kinnock and Michael Foot but Corbyn certainly outstrips those two.
Yep, you have got to give him that! :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 14 Jun 2019, 11:41

bristleposh wrote:
Can you list Johnsons qualities please? Forget Corbyn, just tell us what's good about Johnson.
I have no internet friends

OBM

Post by OBM » 14 Jun 2019, 14:18

There is nothing to admire about Johnson, even less about Corbyn. Not that it matters because neither would be running the show, we are either controlled by the small percentage who hold all the money, big business or aliens. Politicians are just puppets of these.

We all know that if it is not already too late global warming has to be tackled and fast, but it will not happen because people will not give up what they believe they need and big business wants its profits today.

Once they have squeezed everything they can out of us and we become surplus to requirements the bombs will drop and the viruses spread to remove a few billion from the planet.

In the short term not sure where the new stadium will be, but hopefully a few feet above see level and well away from the Nene might be a good idea.

As for Johnson, Corbyn and Abbott, fux sake.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 14 Jun 2019, 16:01

Gaz_Miller wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 11:41
bristleposh wrote:
I can think of many qualities he has over and above that lefty has on the other side.
Can you list Johnsons qualities please? Forget Corbyn, just tell us what's good about Johnson.
Boris Johnson secured the highest number of votes in the first MPs' ballot to select the Conservative Party leader and next prime minister.
Maybe you should direct your question at the people who voted for Boris rather than expecting Bristle to give you an answer.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Jun 2019, 18:25

Gaz_Miller wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
More than half of Londoners thought he did a great job as mayor, less than a third thought he did a bad job. I wonder what that figure would be in Labour London would think of Khan. He did a good job with the Olympics. The Bikes did OK. He increased the readership of The Spectator. The facts may not sit well with Guardian readers because of a few racist comments. He speaks his mind, not hiding behind political correctness, a bit like The Duke of Edinburgh. A few people like your good self and a couple of other readers, will never support a Conservative no matter who that person was. I did not vote Conservative myself at the last election because I used my vote for The Brexit party, if Johnson delivers that with a deal or no deal he will be seen as a hero by the majority who voted in favour of leaving.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 14 Jun 2019, 20:50

bristleposh wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 18:25
Gaz_Miller wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
I can think of many qualities he has ...
Can you list Johnsons qualities please?
He did a good job with the Olympics.
He increased the readership of The Spectator.
He speaks his mind, not hiding behind political correctness, a bit like The Duke of Edinburgh.
Gaz and the other couple to whom Bristle refers (whoever they might be) could consider that a list.
I still think that those who voted for him would give a better answer.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Jun 2019, 21:00

Of course they would

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 15 Jun 2019, 02:50

You'd think that bristleposh would know at least one of the qualities those who voted for him would have taken into account.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 15 Jun 2019, 17:56

I am not clear of the accuracy of the claim that most Londoners thought he did a good job

As ever it would be good to quote the source

He messed up on so much
He over claimed
He wasted so much
He removed the barriers on Westminster bridge

He has been sacked for lying at least three times
he has a second rate degree in classics

He was an abject failure as foreign secretary

His only quality is he makes people laugh

And he talks fluent round objects

He did not instigate the bikes the Oyster card the Olympics but claimed credit for all

He stoppedvinvestment which might have prevented Grendel

He refers to melon mouthed piccannies

He is an irresponsible lying fat charlatan

Conned by only those dim enough to be conned