The Trump Protests

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wycliffe

Re: The Trump Protests

Post by Wycliffe » 05 Jun 2019, 20:08

bristleposh wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 14:57
He has not stamped his authority on those within the party that are anti simite, common knowledge. Which paper have you read about the three being racist. What is wrong with stopping illegal immigrants coming into the country. You like every other lefty speak out of the wrong orifice.
If you are going to try and discuss grown up subjects at least learn to spell mate.

A simite is an Albanian bun.

:roll:

Trump is a right wing racist. Corbyn is a left wing bigot who supports the IRA and has for decades.

This means they both deserve criticism.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 06 Jun 2019, 05:55

Keeping to the thread title
tonyp wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 09:33
bristleposh wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 09:13
The bloke is a jerk of the highest order.
No he isn't. He is the President of the United States and he was voted into that position by the people of America.
Just because you wouldn't have voted for him (with or without the benefit of hindsight) doesn't make him a jerk.
I find it hard to believe that he got the job. But he did.
Treat him with a bit of respect.
Wycliffe wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 08:07
trevormans wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 10:16
you are correct, that does not make him a jerk
is all correct.
:clap: :clap:
Being happy never goes out of style

White G

Post by White G » 07 Jun 2019, 07:31

What's wrong with protesting against Trump? He stands for a lot of things which are wrong in the world. The reason more people protest is simply cos he's higher profile than other guests, claiming that it's hypocrisy that there aren't bigger protests for other state visits is pretty moronic. The trouble in this country is that often people don't protest enough and simply accept the unacceptable. This is why we're in the mess we're in now as the elite have an iron grip, with them getting richer and us getting poorer.

I'm all for supporting the armed forces & respect greatly what they did. You can't help but notice though that it's often xenophobic racists who seem to cling to the poppy & good old British patriotism.

White G

Post by White G » 07 Jun 2019, 07:38

Gaz_Miller wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 14:41
bristleposh wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 13:00
Do you go out of your way to misread topics. No way did I champion TR. as for bundling the others under the same umbrella is ridiculous. I suppose you’d prefer the Anti Semite, IRA, Commy lover to have the keys to our democracy . Loser.
Which 'news' paper did you get your info from that Corbyn is anti semite & pro IRA? He attends more jewish events than ALL the Tory MPs added together.

as for trying to tell me that Farage, Johnson & Trump are not racist :lol:
I don't think Bristle is the most cultured Gaz. He seems to take the Daily Mail view that speaking against the atrocities that the Israeli state carry out is "anti-Semitic". Anyone who looks beyond the right wing tabloids knows that Israel are terrorists who cause great suffering, yet speaking against their actions is somehow a crime. Because they are powerful and friends with the USA, they have a special licence though of course!

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 07 Jun 2019, 08:06

Gaz_Miller wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 14:41
bristleposh wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 13:00
Do you go out of your way to misread topics. No way did I champion TR. as for bundling the others under the same umbrella is ridiculous. I suppose you’d prefer the Anti Semite, IRA, Commy lover to have the keys to our democracy . Loser.

Which 'news' paper did you get your info from that Corbyn is pro IRA?

And as for trying to tell me that Farage, Johnson & Trump are not racist :lol:
Mate, I'm not far from you on most political issues but please please don't make yourself silly (leave that to your football views ) about corbyn's support of various terrorist organisations most particularly the ira.
I don't read any of the papers that bristol has read to him by his carer and never would and don't need to to know of corbyn's previously self declared support of those scumbags.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Jun 2019, 08:40

My carer has now read the previous few posts to me, and suggests that people think that that the Guardian and The Morning Star are the only newspapers that can be trusted. Heaven forbid one should have an opposite opinion to any of those or you'll be forever known as racist. I always thought that Hitler was far too left wing but according to some on here and it would appear Mr Corbyn, he had the right idea about the Jews. Could it be The Palestinians have been right all this time and my history teacher had it wrong.

In other news, according to the right wing press Muslim gangs in prisons are beating prisoners who refuse to convert to Islam. Then I suppose I'm just being racist for bringing that to people's attention.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

White G

Post by White G » 07 Jun 2019, 11:14

Just ask the UN what's going on in the Middle East. It seems some countries get bombed to bits for ignoring the UN, but others can dismiss them and laugh things off. Just like the Tory Hammond did when asked about the UN report on poverty in the UK. Another millionaire telling us there's no problems here! Not for him anyway!

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 07 Jun 2019, 16:55

Gaz_Miller wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 15:02
Aha, you're a Leave voter. You can spot them a mile off. Self-centred racists.

I look forward to the day when you have to pay £50 just to see a doctor and then find several grand if you need any further treatment afterwards.

Leavers should be made to wear a badge so we can all stop and point.
Words fail me!!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 09 Jun 2019, 17:23

When there are half a dozen right wing papers whose combined circulation dwarfs that of the left of centre press then it shows just how paranoid those from the conservative/ brexit side are to continually refer to the guardian as if it were a communist organ of propaganda

The mail sun express and the telegraph and others do not offer balanced views but people follow them as if they reflect the considered truth

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Jun 2019, 18:50

trevormans wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 17:23
When there are half a dozen right wing papers whose combined circulation dwarfs that of the left of centre press then it shows just how paranoid those from the conservative/ brexit side are to continually refer to the guardian as if it were a communist organ of propaganda

The mail sun express and the telegraph and others do not offer balanced views but people follow them as if they reflect the considered truth
I assume that was a response to my mention of The Guardian and the Morning Star, in my defence I’ll point out that I don’t read any of the tabloids you mention or the Telegraph.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

White G

Post by White G » 09 Jun 2019, 19:12

trevormans wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 17:23

Well said Trev. The "centre" has moved strongly to the right in the last decade or so as well. The "far left" now aren't actually as extreme as the media make out either. Wanting to re-nationslise the railways for example is hardly a crazy thought. Particularly as everyone moans about how badly the private sector are doing running them.