Doncaster Rovers Forum

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Doncaster Rovers Forum

Post by Gaz_Miller » 01 May 2019, 09:22

As I've been reading (& laughing) at Donny fans going hyperbole about us beating Pompey, one thing really did catch my eye.

They have a much healthier number of posters/members than any of Posh's forums. This site gets about 10 posters and dot net gets about 20-25 regulars. There are 100's on Donny's.

Even the Pompey v Posh thread on their site is up to 227 replies, and they weren't even playing.

They are arguing with each other, calling each other, going off topic but no posts are getting removed, or threatened with bans, or quoting rule 44, paragraph 6, sub section b. It's just all great fun and makes for a good read between footy fans talking about, erm, footy.

Makes our two sites look very petty and very sad in comparison. It's a shame, becasue we must have the same fan base.
I have no internet friends

tonyp

Re: Doncaster Rovers Forum

Post by tonyp » 01 May 2019, 09:30

Gaz_Miller wrote:
01 May 2019, 09:22
no posts are getting removed, or threatened with bans,
It's just all great fun.
It may not be such great fun when Posh replace them in sixth position.
They might even get some posts removed!
Being happy never goes out of style

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 01 May 2019, 10:02

tonyp wrote:
01 May 2019, 09:30
Doubt it very much. There's one guy one there obsessed with Darren Ferguson. He's getting loads of stick, but nothing is being removed etc. It's just great banter.

We're not even allowed to discuss Ferguson or Evans without posts getting removed from both sites - and they're our (ex)managers!

ashman

Post by ashman » 01 May 2019, 11:08

Gaz_Miller wrote:
01 May 2019, 10:02
tonyp wrote:
01 May 2019, 09:30
Doubt it very much. There's one guy one there obsessed with Darren Ferguson. He's getting loads of stick, but nothing is being removed etc. It's just great banter.

We're not even allowed to discuss Ferguson or Evans without posts getting removed from both sites - and they're our (ex)managers!
In general it is not discussion (banter!) about managers and friends that cause removal of posts, it is often the tone of the posts that can cause them to be deleted and eventually posters banned.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 01 May 2019, 11:42

ashman wrote:
01 May 2019, 11:08
In general it is not discussion (banter!) about managers and friends that cause removal of posts, it is often the tone of the posts that can cause them to be deleted and eventually posters banned.
Sorry, but I have to disagree ashman.

Why do you think the number of posters on ALL Posh message boards are so low?

Compared to Dancaster's, ours are pathetic. They have almost 100 more posts than both Posh's combined for a game they weren't even taking place in.

ashman

Post by ashman » 01 May 2019, 14:08

Gaz_Miller wrote:
01 May 2019, 11:42
ashman wrote:
01 May 2019, 11:08
Sorry, but I have to disagree ashman.

Why do you think the number of posters on ALL Posh message boards are so low?

Compared to Dancaster's, ours are pathetic. They have almost 100 more posts than both Posh's combined for a game they weren't even taking place in.
Disagree all you want! The reason that .net and .com have lost loads of posters is down to Twitter and other social sites (and possibly augmentative posters who post just for the sake of it. Their posts are purely to wind others up and people get very fed up reading dross!)
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 01 May 2019, 14:38

ashman wrote:
01 May 2019, 14:08
Disagree all you want! The reason that .net and .com have lost loads of posters is down to Twitter and other social sites (and possibly augmentative posters who post just for the sake of it. Their posts are purely to wind others up and people get very fed up reading dross!)
Wow. Doncaster must have started off with over a million members on their site then!

I also didn't know they don't have Twitter that far north :?