Knife Crime

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Knife Crime

Post by bristleposh » 15 Apr 2019, 17:08

Institutionalised racism occurs in places like the Police force, because despite knowing it was wrong with 'stop and search', the complaints about it and the fact that it was stopped, or at least cut back on, because the police were targetting black youths to search more readily than to stop and search white youths was upsetting the race relations booard, however the recent flood of knife attacks in London and many other cities has shown that by using stop and search the police had cut back on the number of these attacks, having seen in the news on TV the number of cases, just simply looking at the faces of grieving families I would suggest the majority of victims of these crimes are black, I know this doesn't for one moment suggest that the perpetrators are also black, but I think that it is likely that they are. When there have been riots across areas of London, again the gangs appear to be black unless of course all the TV channels are taking the racist view of only showing certain crimes. I think the only way to cut back on knife crime is to ramp up 'stop and search' and put curfews in place to stop gangs of youths forming small armies that then terrorise, not only other gangs but many law abiding citizens.

I have no doubt my views will not be popular with those of a PC bias, but they are my views, would it stop stabbings and people losing their loved ones I don't know but surely it is worth a try.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

PoshCynic

Re: Knife Crime

Post by PoshCynic » 15 Apr 2019, 17:20

bristleposh wrote:
15 Apr 2019, 17:08
I think the only way to cut back on knife crime is to ramp up 'stop and search' and put curfews in place to stop gangs of youths forming small armies that then terrorise, not only other gangs but many law abiding citizens.

I have no doubt my views will not be popular with those of a PC bias, but they are my views, would it stop stabbings and people losing their loved ones I don't know but surely it is worth a try.
Quite so.