Sore throat?

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

matt404

Re: Sore throat?

Post by matt404 » 18 Oct 2018, 07:11

gazwilwah wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 00:27
Well first of all if I wanted to know what the floor was like in a room i wouldn't look up at the ceiling, secondly do you admit that everything you know about "Planet Earth" is from what you have been told your entire life? do you admit that you get all your "factds" from others?

All you have is a faith and a belief that you live on a spinning ball covered in water, like any cult or religion.

I feel that I have hard solid proof that says we are not living on a giant spinning water ball, and that proof is that under no conditions has it ever been shown that water can flow freely around a solid object.

You talk about gravity, what is gravity? if it pulls fromn the centre of the Earth what proof have you got for that? i would say omnce again you have no proof, just a faith in others.

If say gravity was pulling from the centre of the earth, why does it pull the sea down but not a butterfly? if we lived on what we were taught was a flat Earth, anyone saying we lived on a giant spinning ball covered in water would have a lot of explaining to do, not just look up to the sky and say oh look, the moon is round so therefore Earth must be round.
Thats like thinking a pool table should be a ball....

Every single NASA photo of Earth you have ever seen is a photoshop composit and this is freely admitted, even by the people who do the photoshopping. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFBAznZwqVg
I will say again, but yourself a GCSE science textbook and a lot of these things which are so hard for you to understand will become clear.

I have asked you a number of questions about how a flat earth works and the majority of your answers were “don’t know”. I have explained your questions, giving evidence along the way. Could you kindly do the same, otherwise under your own logic, I will assume you simply have a “belief” in something erroneous as you have no evidence to support it.
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Oct 2018, 08:29

gazwilwah wrote:
Well first of all if I wanted to know what the floor was like in a room i wouldn't look up at the ceiling, secondly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFBAznZwqVg
If you never went out doors that would probably be true. William Guzman who posted the video on you tube has obviously got several screws missing too. I’d prefer to listen to the facts from millions of credible sources than one nutter, still you pays your money it’s your choice. Just out of interest, in all the record books I have ever read, it says Mount Everest is the highest peak on the planet but if you look about your flat earth you can’t see it, nor can you see the alps. So all the record books must be wrong because where you are standing must be the highest point on the planet. Sorry, it’s not, because I’m standing in Portugal at sea level is higher and I can’t see where you are, please explain that in your unscientific state of unlearned factds.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

dunc

Post by dunc » 18 Oct 2018, 11:03

All you need to do is go out on a boat in the middle of the the ocean and look around - what do you see? Only water!
That is because at sea-level the horizon for a normal-sized adult is 8 miles away, standing on a boat, probably 10-20 niles away.
This is the effect of the slight curvature of the world.
If you were in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and the world was flat, you would see the skyscrapers of New York, or the coastline of Europe with the help of binoculars - but you cant and nor would anyone else, no matter what or how they were looking in any direction!

matt404

Post by matt404 » 18 Oct 2018, 12:11

gazwilwah wrote:
secondly do you admit that everything you know about "Planet Earth" is from what you have been told your entire life? do you admit that you get all your "factds" from others?
Nope, I've been rather patient (unduly so some might say) and shown you several examples which explain your questions as to why the Earth is not flat.
gazwilwah wrote:
All you have is a faith and a belief that you live on a spinning ball covered in water, like any cult or religion.

I feel that I have hard solid proof that says we are not living on a giant spinning water ball, and that proof is that under no conditions has it ever been shown that water can flow freely around a solid object.
A point that could be easily pointed back at you. I've asked you to provide evidence and none has been forthcoming. Please feel free to share it with us as so far you've not proved anything.
gazwilwah wrote:
You talk about gravity, what is gravity? if it pulls from the centre of the Earth what proof have you got for that? i would say once again you have no proof, just a faith in others.

If say gravity was pulling from the centre of the earth, why does it pull the sea down but not a butterfly?
This is actually really simple. What is a butterfly doing when it's in the air? It's flying. If it wasn't flapping its wings in an effort to counter the effects of gravity, it would fall back to earth. An object cannot float in midair without effort to keep it there - that's why a bird needs wings, aeroplanes need engines, helicopters need rotors, hot air balloons need hot air in order to sustain flight. Simple experiment for you - jump in to the air. Do you float or do you fall back to earth?

In your world, how can birds fly and the seas don't float? Genuinely curious.

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 18 Oct 2018, 14:04

I don't have a belief in anything, everything i say i can prove to you and show you examples i don't make any claims i cannot prove.
Secondly you cannot see far across the seas or land because of perspective, at some point the ground will meet the sky because that's how it works when looking into the far distance.
Lay on the ground and watch someone walk away, their feet will start to disappear etc... perspective not a curved ground, same with boats on the sea.

Ponds are level, lakes are level etc... water is always level in our atmosphere and only words and numbers are there to convince us it can, isn;t that a concern?

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 18 Oct 2018, 14:06

Butterflies birds jumping etc.... all to do with weight and air you don't have to live on a globe to prove that.
I mean we're told gravity is a force that pulls the sea to the Earth, that is some force eh but not srong enough to astop a butterfly from taking off?

matt404

Post by matt404 » 18 Oct 2018, 14:22

gazwilwah wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 14:06
Butterflies birds jumping etc.... all to do with weight and air you don't have to live on a globe to prove that.
I mean we're told gravity is a force that pulls the sea to the Earth, that is some force eh but not strong enough to stop a butterfly from taking off?
There is a reason why such idiotic statements as above mean that people with your views are often termed Flattards.

Your second sentence answers your first sentence - You've proved gravity exists! Congratulations! :clap2:

The reason why the sea doesn't float is because of it's weight. That and it has no means in and of itself to counter gravity. A butterfly flapping it's wings is able to counter gravity to take off and must continue to flap it's wings to sustain flight.

matt404

Post by matt404 » 18 Oct 2018, 15:00

gazwilwah wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 14:04
I don't have a belief in anything, everything i say i can prove to you and show you examples i don't make any claims i cannot prove.
Secondly you cannot see far across the seas or land because of perspective, at some point the ground will meet the sky because that's how it works when looking into the far distance.
Lay on the ground and watch someone walk away, their feet will start to disappear etc... perspective not a curved ground, same with boats on the sea.

Ponds are level, lakes are level etc... water is always level in our atmosphere and only words and numbers are there to convince us it can, isn;t that a concern?
At ground level you can see approx 3 miles on a clear day.
The earth has a circumference of 24,901 miles
This means that you can see 0.012% of the earth (3/ 24,901)

Over a 90 degree angle...If you were to chop the earth in to 4 equal quarters, the maximum length of the object would be the curved edge of 6,225.25 miles. (24,901 divided by 4)
You can still see 3 miles on a clear day.
That means you can see 0.481% of the earth
Or in other worlds, 0.04337 degrees of the 90 degree angle (90 degrees multiplied by 0.481%)

Now, take a protractor and see if you can spot 0.04337 degrees...

The higher up you can, the further you are able to see, thus the curvature is more pronounced when you are, for instance, in space.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Oct 2018, 15:55

Matt i think you are wasting your time, our Gaz reckons pigs can fly

matt404

Post by matt404 » 18 Oct 2018, 16:31

bristleposh wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 15:55
I think you're right. I've tried, I really have.

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 18 Oct 2018, 16:49

matt404 wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 15:00
gazwilwah wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 14:04

At ground level you can see approx 3 miles on a clear day.
The earth has a circumference of 24,901 miles
This means that you can see 0.012% of the earth (3/ 24,901)

Over a 90 degree angle...If you were to chop the earth in to 4 equal quarters, the maximum length of the object would be the curved edge of 6,225.25 miles. (24,901 divided by 4)
You can still see 3 miles on a clear day.
That means you can see 0.481% of the earth
Or in other worlds, 0.04337 degrees of the 90 degree angle (90 degrees multiplied by 0.481%)

Now, take a protractor and see if you can spot 0.04337 degrees...

The higher up you can, the further you are able to see, thus the curvature is more pronounced when you are, for instance, in space.
Everything you have said here is word salad and maths and information you've gathered from others, none of it has any actual evidence you can show us or yourself and you've never been to space. Using maths and words I could probably make you believe anything.
Last edited by gazwilwah on 18 Oct 2018, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 18 Oct 2018, 16:51

bristleposh wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 15:55
I'm sure with some maths and words you could make us believe pigs can fly.

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 18 Oct 2018, 22:37

I think rather than me just ramblle on i'll leave you with the video and the guy who really kickstarted the whole flatearth debate. Liek I said at the start i've always been into conspiracie's but like 99% of others I would not go near flatearth simply because it was just to ridiculous.
But I watched this video by Eric and it points out many things we just didn't know about and neve thought about, once you get about half way you're either in or you're out but I think its something everyone should watch even for at least a few minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ax_YpQsy88

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 19 Oct 2018, 07:17

I can’t watch it at the moment but is this the same Eric Dubai who is being sectioned under the mental health act or at least ought to be.

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 19 Oct 2018, 08:43

bristleposh wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 07:17
I can’t watch it at the moment but is this the same Eric Dubai who is being sectioned under the mental health act or at least ought to be.
I think shooting the messenger isn't the best way to go about finding out the truth, i would advise anyone to watch this video as its seen as the spark that has caused millions around the world to sit up and take notice.