Sore throat?

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

gazwilwah
Posts: 104
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Sore throat?

Post by gazwilwah » 14 Oct 2018, 19:08

So what keeps the clouds in the air? I appreciate the posts btw this isn't a subject i fell into lightly, even for a conspiracy nut like me I avoided this one like the plague.

User avatar
matt404
Posts: 1246
Joined: 04 Sep 2005, 19:55

Re: Sore throat?

Post by matt404 » 14 Oct 2018, 19:48

gazwilwah wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 19:08
So what keeps the clouds in the air? I appreciate the posts btw this isn't a subject i fell into lightly, even for a conspiracy nut like me I avoided this one like the plague.
Because of the upward movement of warm air offsetting the downward movement of the condenses water.

Read more here: https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... loat-when/
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

gazwilwah
Posts: 104
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Sore throat?

Post by gazwilwah » 14 Oct 2018, 23:30

matt404 wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 19:48
gazwilwah wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 19:08
So what keeps the clouds in the air? I appreciate the posts btw this isn't a subject i fell into lightly, even for a conspiracy nut like me I avoided this one like the plague.
Because of the upward movement of warm air offsetting the downward movement of the condenses water.

Read more here: https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... loat-when/
So why does the air go upwards? surely gravity would pull it downwards?

Have you seen any practical examples on Earth of these claims? show us maybe how a cloud floats whilst the sea is pulled down with an experiment? its all happening in Earths atmosphere after all.

User avatar
matt404
Posts: 1246
Joined: 04 Sep 2005, 19:55

Re: Sore throat?

Post by matt404 » 15 Oct 2018, 18:05

I think you are confusing gravity with density. Gravity affects everything within the earths atmosphere. For instance, balsa wood floats on water because it is less dense than water.

Hot air rises because when gases heat up they expand and becomes less dense than cold air. Things that are less dense are not affected by gravity as dense things. For example, a feather gently floats down while if you dropped a weight it would drop straight back to earth. Both are affected by gravity.

You could measure your living room temperature at floor level and at ceiling level. Or equally you ground floor vs first floor. This would show you the affect of hot air rising.
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27623
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Sore throat?

Post by bristleposh » 15 Oct 2018, 18:09

I saw the first Harry Potter film it seems obvious to me that witchcraft has a lot to do with it. Harry's broom leapt up to his hand. Perhaps that's what gazwilly is on about.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

gazwilwah
Posts: 104
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Sore throat?

Post by gazwilwah » 15 Oct 2018, 23:44

matt404 wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 18:05
I think you are confusing gravity with density. Gravity affects everything within the earths atmosphere. For instance, balsa wood floats on water because it is less dense than water.

Hot air rises because when gases heat up they expand and becomes less dense than cold air. Things that are less dense are not affected by gravity as dense things. For example, a feather gently floats down while if you dropped a weight it would drop straight back to earth. Both are affected by gravity.

You could measure your living room temperature at floor level and at ceiling level. Or equally you ground floor vs first floor. This would show you the affect of hot air rising.
where does the pulling force of gravity come from?

User avatar
matt404
Posts: 1246
Joined: 04 Sep 2005, 19:55

Re: Sore throat?

Post by matt404 » 16 Oct 2018, 07:44

gazwilwah wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 23:44

where does the pulling force of gravity come from?
From the centre of the earth.

Am I now as qualified as ashman to teach in schools?
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16956
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Sore throat?

Post by ashman » 16 Oct 2018, 09:07

matt404 wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 18:05
I think you are confusing gravity with density. Gravity affects everything within the earths atmosphere. For instance, balsa wood floats on water because it is less dense than water.

Hot air rises because when gases heat up they expand and becomes less dense than cold air. Things that are less dense are not affected by gravity as dense things. For example, a feather gently floats down while if you dropped a weight it would drop straight back to earth. Both are affected by gravity.

You could measure your living room temperature at floor level and at ceiling level. Or equally you ground floor vs first floor. This would show you the affect of hot air rising.
It seems to me that the whole of this thread has been severely affected by 'hot air!' :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

gazwilwah
Posts: 104
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Sore throat?

Post by gazwilwah » 16 Oct 2018, 12:05

matt404 wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 07:44
gazwilwah wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 23:44

where does the pulling force of gravity come from?
From the centre of the earth.

Am I now as qualified as ashman to teach in schools?
Can you show any evidence of how that works or is it secondhand information? something you we're told when you we're "educated"?

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15561
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Sore throat?

Post by stuie » 16 Oct 2018, 20:39

gazwilwah wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 12:05
matt404 wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 07:44
gazwilwah wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 23:44

where does the pulling force of gravity come from?
From the centre of the earth.

Am I now as qualified as ashman to teach in schools?
Can you show any evidence of how that works or is it secondhand information? something you we're told when you we're "educated"?
ha ha, yes some of us where educated qed
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
matt404
Posts: 1246
Joined: 04 Sep 2005, 19:55

Re: Sore throat?

Post by matt404 » 16 Oct 2018, 20:52

gazwilwah wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 12:05
matt404 wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 07:44
gazwilwah wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 23:44

where does the pulling force of gravity come from?
From the centre of the earth.

Am I now as qualified as ashman to teach in schools?
Can you show any evidence of how that works or is it secondhand information? something you we're told when you we're "educated"?
Take any object you can find to hand, pick it up so that it’s off the ground. Release it and watch it drop to the earth. Gravity.
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

gazwilwah
Posts: 104
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Sore throat?

Post by gazwilwah » 16 Oct 2018, 23:49

matt404 wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 20:52
gazwilwah wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 12:05
matt404 wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 07:44


From the centre of the earth.

Am I now as qualified as ashman to teach in schools?
Can you show any evidence of how that works or is it secondhand information? something you we're told when you we're "educated"?
Take any object you can find to hand, pick it up so that it’s off the ground. Release it and watch it drop to the earth. Gravity.
Wouldn't picking something up and then dropping it, also work in a world that wasn't a globe?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27623
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Sore throat?

Post by bristleposh » 17 Oct 2018, 08:19

gazwilwah wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 23:49


Wouldn't picking something up and then dropping it, also work in a world that wasn't a globe?
In your World, the flat one, I take it you never look up to the sky. Have you perhaps not noticed a couple of big things up there, one called the sun, the other the moon. In a period of 24 hours the sky changes from day to night. Where do they go when they are not visible. Presumably they fall of the edge of the flat earth and then magically reappear at the other side of the screen. I don’t doubt you believe the nonsense you spout, but please consider that some of us are equally as convinced that you are somewhat deranged. Or does that these days count as online bullying, or simpletonism.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

gazwilwah
Posts: 104
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Sore throat?

Post by gazwilwah » 18 Oct 2018, 00:27

Well first of all if I wanted to know what the floor was like in a room i wouldn't look up at the ceiling, secondly do you admit that everything you know about "Planet Earth" is from what you have been told your entire life? do you admit that you get all your "factds" from others?

All you have is a faith and a belief that you live on a spinning ball covered in water, like any cult or religion.

I feel that I have hard solid proof that says we are not living on a giant spinning water ball, and that proof is that under no conditions has it ever been shown that water can flow freely around a solid object.

You talk about gravity, what is gravity? if it pulls fromn the centre of the Earth what proof have you got for that? i would say omnce again you have no proof, just a faith in others.

If say gravity was pulling from the centre of the earth, why does it pull the sea down but not a butterfly? if we lived on what we were taught was a flat Earth, anyone saying we lived on a giant spinning ball covered in water would have a lot of explaining to do, not just look up to the sky and say oh look, the moon is round so therefore Earth must be round.
Thats like thinking a pool table should be a ball....

Every single NASA photo of Earth you have ever seen is a photoshop composit and this is freely admitted, even by the people who do the photoshopping. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFBAznZwqVg

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16956
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Sore throat?

Post by ashman » 18 Oct 2018, 06:14

gazwilwah wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 00:27
Well first of all if I wanted to know what the floor was like in a room i wouldn't look up at the ceiling, secondly do you admit that everything you know about "Planet Earth" is from what you have been told your entire life? do you admit that you get all your "factds" from others?
Likewise, all you have is a faith and a belief that what you have heard is 'factds' from others too. Unfortunately the 'factds' that you have heard are all nonsense.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests