Tonyp

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Brianposh

Re: Tonyp

Post by Brianposh » 23 Sep 2018, 10:43

tonyp wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 02:42
Thanks to Brian for the initial post and to everyone else who has kindly sent good wishes.
My wife and I are now living together in our two bedroom unit at Freedom Aged Care Tanah Merah.
Although I haven't posted, I have been reading the message boards as often as possible and definitely as soon as possible after a match involving Posh.
Obviously I am thrilled to bits to see us at the top of the ladder.
As my wife's carer I need assistance from the nurses here so that I do have some time to myself which includes time on the computer.
The gallbladder thing came out of the blue while I was still recuperating from the spine surgery. I was taken to hospital in an Emergency ambulance and they operated and removed my gall bladder immediately. Had I not been in agony I might have thought it was exciting!
I am feeling well right now and shall continue to read only for a while at least.
Thanks, Brian. Thank you all.
Up the Posh!!
Good news Tony. A little bit of progress for sure and we all are with you on every step of the way.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 23 Sep 2018, 11:08

ashman wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 08:16
So pleased to hear that you are back reunited with you wife. It must have been a very worrying time for you both. May you continue your convalescence and continue revelling in the upturns/downturns at Posh. It has never been boring being a Posh supporter but we seem to be on the crest of a wave at the moment.
Do you have the facility to subscribe to the Posh iFollow service? This year many overseas fans have found it a much improved service with commentary alongside from Radio Cambridgeshire. Season pass prices for international fans have been frozen at £110.
I have subscribed to iFollow.
The problem is getting access at midnight or 1 in the morning. But I'm working on it.
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Sep 2018, 11:29

tonyp wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 11:08
ashman wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 08:16
So pleased to hear that you are back reunited with you wife. It must have been a very worrying time for you both. May you continue your convalescence and continue revelling in the upturns/downturns at Posh. It has never been boring being a Posh supporter but we seem to be on the crest of a wave at the moment.
Do you have the facility to subscribe to the Posh iFollow service? This year many overseas fans have found it a much improved service with commentary alongside from Radio Cambridgeshire. Season pass prices for international fans have been frozen at £110.
I have subscribed to iFollow.
The problem is getting access at midnight or 1 in the morning. But I'm working on it.
Ah, that does cause problems. Just a thought, but maybe you could stay away from anything that will give you the result (ha! who could do that?) and go to the video archived matches which appear on iFollow the next day or in some cases a few days later. The reception is sometimes a touch iffy but as long as your connections are sound then you should be ok. Then you could watch the full game with commentary. At least you would get a good night's sleep!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 Sep 2018, 08:37

"maybe you could stay away from anything that will give you the result (ha! who could do that?) "
I certainly couldn't!!
On the contrary I go out of my way to find the result. Usually at about 5am.
Being happy never goes out of style

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 25 Sep 2018, 03:23

tonyp wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 02:42
Thanks to Brian for the initial post and to everyone else who has kindly sent good wishes.
My wife and I are now living together in our two bedroom unit at Freedom Aged Care Tanah Merah.
Although I haven't posted, I have been reading the message boards as often as possible and definitely as soon as possible after a match involving Posh.
Obviously I am thrilled to bits to see us at the top of the ladder.
As my wife's carer I need assistance from the nurses here so that I do have some time to myself which includes time on the computer.
The gallbladder thing came out of the blue while I was still recuperating from the spine surgery. I was taken to hospital in an Emergency ambulance and they operated and removed my gall bladder immediately. Had I not been in agony I might have thought it was exciting!
I am feeling well right now and shall continue to read only for a while at least.
Thanks, Brian. Thank you all.
Up the Posh!!
:clap: welcome back Tony. Good to hear things are more positive at your end.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 28 Sep 2018, 21:48

Welcome back Tony.
Good to hear you and Mrs Tony are back together. Best wishes for staying on the up up up xxx
We go again...
Proud to be POSH