Tonyp

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Brianposh

Tonyp

Post by Brianposh » 17 Sep 2018, 17:07

Thought I should inform everyone that Tony Pell, a regular poster on here and other Boards is going through a very bad patch out in Aussieland. A huge Posh fan and a personal friend of mine and many others. His and his wife's health has taken a turn for the worst and may well mean having to sell his home, in Queensland that they have lived in for many years. They both at present are living in a Aged Care Home with Tony last June having a spinal operation over 5-6 hours, only to start convalescing to go down with gall stones and this was followed by removal of his gall bladder in an emergency operation.
His wife is showing serious progressive signs of Alzheimer. Tony is at present still in Hospital and is desperate to rejoin his wife in the Care Home.

A good friend to me and a super guy, adores his family and is mad about Posh and contributes whenever a Charity event arises, in particular being very generous for the Chris Turner statue.

I, and one or two others have and will do, keep in close touch with him to ensure he is not forgotten.

He gave his permission to, albeit slightly reluctantly, to put you all in the picture though not often at present able to use his computer.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

BanburyPosh

Re: Tonyp

Post by BanburyPosh » 17 Sep 2018, 21:16

Hello Brian. That is not very good news. I wondered what had happened as he hadn’t posted for a while. I thought he might have been hacked off with some of the other posters on here. I miss his thoughts and comments even though I can’t say that I would always agree with him. As a fellow Posh follower, please pass on the love and good wishes of the greater Posh family and let’s hope for some better news over the coming months. Cheers, Dave.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:

dunc

Post by dunc » 17 Sep 2018, 22:17

I think we can all echo those thoughts, Dave.
Best wishes to both Tony and his wife.

ashman

Post by ashman » 18 Sep 2018, 00:34

We are all thinking of both you Tony and your wife and have backed you against a couple of antagonistic posters, time and again. Myself, Brian and a few others have known this for some time but, we weren't sure if we could post anything about it. Our thoughts are with you and your families. You are part of the Posh family and your courage will see you through. It would be wonderful if you could still post once in a while.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Sep 2018, 08:32

ashman wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 00:34
We are all thinking of both you Tony and your wife and have backed you against a couple of antagonistic posters, time and again. Myself, Brian and a few others have known this for some time but, we weren't sure if we could post anything about it. Our thoughts are with you and your families. You are part of the Posh family and your courage will see you through. It would be wonderful if you could still post once in a while.
As one of the one or two others I heartily agree, I spoke with stuie at the weekend who has been in contact with him rather more often than myself, giving myself a slap on the wrist, I have never met Tony, but we have spoken on Skype and often exchange e-mails, I miss the content he used to bring to the board and hope he gets well enough to return to his wife before too long. My thoughts are with you.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 18 Sep 2018, 10:27

I certainly have missed Tony's input to this forum. I asked Nipper, as a moderator, some time ago if she knew why he wasn't posting ; she didn't know.
My heart goes out to Tony and his good lady and wish both the very best and hope that they are being well cared for.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

ashman

Post by ashman » 18 Sep 2018, 10:58

Poshay wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 10:27
I certainly have missed Tony's input to this forum. I asked Nipper, as a moderator, some time ago if she knew why he wasn't posting ; she didn't know.
My heart goes out to Tony and his good lady and wish both the very best and hope that they are being well cared for.
I heartily agree but several of us did know about the situation and I am sure that we are all grateful for Brian (who is the closest of all our posters to Tony) for asking permission to post what we knew but were unwilling to post. Thanks again Brian.

stuie

Post by stuie » 18 Sep 2018, 11:13

dunc wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 22:17
:stupid: Yes I have been in touch with TonP via several pm's, just did not think it right to give his personal situation on here, so thanks Brian for posting the update
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 18 Sep 2018, 12:42

stuie wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 11:13
dunc wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 22:17
:stupid: Yes I have been in touch with TonP via several pm's, just did not think it right to give his personal situation on here, so thanks Brian for posting the update
No problem stuie and thanks a million for keeping in touch with him(he told me sometime ago you had). It has been a little delicate, but I have been receiving so many emails etc.from posters/fans. I corresponded with him a few times and he agreed now was the right time.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 18 Sep 2018, 19:44

Very sad news. Having had a major spinal operation many years ago, I know that recovery from that is usually a long drawn out matter without the added complication of gall bladder problems. I wish him well.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 19 Sep 2018, 06:56

It’s support, albeit virtual, that helps some folk through dark days. I know that for a fact. I’m glad Tony has let his situation be known.

Best wishes to you Tony and to your wife. Looking forward to you getting back on here. Hopefully POSH doing well this season will brighten the hard times a tad xxx
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 19 Sep 2018, 16:47

poshnipper wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 06:56
It’s support, albeit virtual, that helps some folk through dark days. I know that for a fact. I’m glad Tony has let his situation be known.

Best wishes to you Tony and to your wife. Looking forward to you getting back on here. Hopefully POSH doing well this season will brighten the hard times a tad xxx
Echo that sentiment 100%. Like my dad, Tony is a Whittlesey boy and we've swapped many stories about the town. Never met him unfortunately, but he's a good online friend many years standing. Good man, hope he and his wife are reunited soon.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 23 Sep 2018, 02:42

Thanks to Brian for the initial post and to everyone else who has kindly sent good wishes.
My wife and I are now living together in our two bedroom unit at Freedom Aged Care Tanah Merah.
Although I haven't posted, I have been reading the message boards as often as possible and definitely as soon as possible after a match involving Posh.
Obviously I am thrilled to bits to see us at the top of the ladder.
As my wife's carer I need assistance from the nurses here so that I do have some time to myself which includes time on the computer.
The gallbladder thing came out of the blue while I was still recuperating from the spine surgery. I was taken to hospital in an Emergency ambulance and they operated and removed my gall bladder immediately. Had I not been in agony I might have thought it was exciting!
I am feeling well right now and shall continue to read only for a while at least.
Thanks, Brian. Thank you all.
Up the Posh!!
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Sep 2018, 08:16

So pleased to hear that you are back reunited with you wife. It must have been a very worrying time for you both. May you continue your convalescence and continue revelling in the upturns/downturns at Posh. It has never been boring being a Posh supporter but we seem to be on the crest of a wave at the moment.
Do you have the facility to subscribe to the Posh iFollow service? This year many overseas fans have found it a much improved service with commentary alongside from Radio Cambridgeshire. Season pass prices for international fans have been frozen at £110.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Sep 2018, 09:09

Lovely to hear you are back together, hope you have a promotion to cheer you up.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761