Commonwealth Games

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18980
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Commonwealth Games

Post by tonyp » 11 Apr 2018, 10:06

The Commonwealth Games 2018 are in progress right now at the Gold Coast Queensland.
I'm sure that all sports lovers on here will have been watching.
The medal tally at the moment is
MEDAL TALLY
Rank.. Nation Gold Medal Silver Medal Bronze Medal Total
1........... Australia.. 52......... 39............ 42............. 133
2........... England.... 24......... 30.......... 21................ 75
3...Everybody else....76........ 69...........59............... 204

So Australia and England together have more medals than the rest combined.

:clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap2:
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26920
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by bristleposh » 11 Apr 2018, 10:44

The majority of the Australian medals came in the pool for events like walking round with headphones on. England would have had far more medals if Australian judges didn't disqualify people for twitching at the start, our swimmers have struggled because it is the start of the season, Half the team are injured, none of the first choice women's gymnasts were available, Tom Daley has withdrawn through injury, the Brownlee borther's fought valiantly despite not being fit. The important sports are not represented here, we'd win at Darts and Snooker (unless the Scots/Welsh and Irish overperformed).
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

superposh80
Posts: 5412
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by superposh80 » 11 Apr 2018, 10:49

it's the wrong time of the year for many of our competitors...

they'd just be using this games as a stepping stone for better things later in the season.

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1711
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by White G » 11 Apr 2018, 19:30

Per head of population Scotland, New Zealand & Wales are way out-performing England, I wonder why this would be? Seems like a relatively poor haul for England compared to Australia and other 1st world countries.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26920
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by bristleposh » 11 Apr 2018, 22:24

White G wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 19:30
Per head of population Scotland, New Zealand & Wales are way out-performing England, I wonder why this would be? Seems like a relatively poor haul for England compared to Australia and other 1st world countries.
We have more clowns on this forum from north of the border per capita than any other nation in the world
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe
Posts: 1239
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by Wycliffe » 12 Apr 2018, 20:24

It is the commonwealth games . Nobody actually gives a monkeys toss.
The whole premise is antiquated beyond belief and it is like playing a world cup without Brazil, Germany, Argentina or Scotland.......oh.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26920
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by bristleposh » 12 Apr 2018, 23:03

Wycliffe wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 20:24
It is the commonwealth games . Nobody actually gives a monkeys toss.
The whole premise is antiquated beyond belief and it is like playing a world cup without Brazil, Germany, Argentina or Scotland.......oh.
No it gives important places like Australia a chance to actually win something
Last edited by bristleposh on 13 Apr 2018, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18980
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by tonyp » 13 Apr 2018, 00:06

Latest standings
POS COUNTRY Gold.. Silver Bronze TOTAL
1 Australia..... 59......43....... 45........ 147
2 England..... 26......31....... 22........ 79
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18980
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by tonyp » 14 Apr 2018, 08:56

Latest standings
COUNTRY .....Gold ......Silver....Bronze TOTAL
1 Australia..... 67..........50...... 55...... 172
2 England.... 34..........35...... 37...... 106
Poms are catching up.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26920
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by bristleposh » 14 Apr 2018, 10:16

I think with the number of absentees through injury, the fact that in most sports its out of season we have done remarkably well.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18980
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by tonyp » 14 Apr 2018, 10:31

bristleposh wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 10:16
I think with the number of absentees through injury, the fact that in most sports its out of season we have done remarkably well.
:stupid:
I even think you did well in the hockey when Australia had two men sent off and England replaced their goalie with a field player so that there were 11 field players for England against 8 field players for Australia.
Australia still won 2-1.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1711
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by White G » 14 Apr 2018, 11:33

tonyp wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 10:31
bristleposh wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 10:16
I think with the number of absentees through injury, the fact that in most sports its out of season we have done remarkably well.
:stupid:
I even think you did well in the hockey when Australia had two men sent off and England replaced their goalie with a field player so that there were 11 field players for England against 8 field players for Australia.
Australia still won 2-1.
What is your point exactly? Hockey is a sport for girls Tony. So your bunch of sissies can beat our bunch of sissies at home, and you want to brag about it? What does that say about you? I await the result of the men's netball final!

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18980
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by tonyp » 14 Apr 2018, 11:57

Scotland 9 13 21 43
Being happy never goes out of style

Wycliffe
Posts: 1239
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by Wycliffe » 15 Apr 2018, 11:29


User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26920
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by bristleposh » 15 Apr 2018, 11:46

Not good: excellent
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests