Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

gazwilwah
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by gazwilwah » 01 Mar 2018, 22:38

gazwilwah wrote:
01 Mar 2018, 22:34
gazwilwah wrote:
01 Mar 2018, 22:32
dunc wrote:
01 Mar 2018, 20:37
Because gravity still applies?
Even when they sail over the edge onto the next flat part?
prove gravity? the argument against that is that things fall to the ground because they are heavier than air, anything lighter than air does not get pulled towards the ground.
Do an experiment with water, see if you can make it curve on the outside of a ball? or bend it? it's not possible at any level because water does not have that ability.
Also the UN uses the old flat Earth map, why would they do that?

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15925
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by DaveLister » 01 Mar 2018, 22:39

Didn't Armstrong and Aldrin observe the Earth as a sphere from Apollo 11?
Image

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27094
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by bristleposh » 01 Mar 2018, 22:41

They said they did, but no doubt the reason was they were never on the moon they were in a big hanger somewhere in Morocco
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

gazwilwah
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by gazwilwah » 01 Mar 2018, 23:54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xciCJfbTvE4

A funny thing happened on the way to the moon.

dunc
Posts: 2045
Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 01:40
Location: shropshire

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by dunc » 02 Mar 2018, 01:23

I thought the pull from the moon causes the water to curve the other way - and hence causes the tides.
How can the moon go around the Earth if the Earth is flat?

gazwilwah
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by gazwilwah » 02 Mar 2018, 01:26

dunc wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 01:23
I thought the pull from the moon causes the water to curve the other way - and hence causes the tides.
How can the moon go around the Earth if the Earth is flat?
Who knows, did you watch the link? i'm the same as anyone else, believed everything we are told, but this video really makes you think.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27094
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by bristleposh » 02 Mar 2018, 09:08

I started to watch the link until I noticed it was two hours long, I suppose if you could be bothered you could make a similar type video twisting facts to suit your own agenda to prove that Harry Potter is actually real, that there is a school called Hogwarts and we better watch it if Tom Riddle ever reinvents himself as Voldemort. I know part of it is true because I've actually driven a Ford Prefect and I've caught a train from King's Cross.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by tonyp » 02 Mar 2018, 09:10

gazwilwah wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 01:26
i'm the same as anyone else, believed everything we are told
You are not the same as anyone else. You are not the same as me. I've travelled around the world and I didn't fall off at any time.
The Earth is not flat. Full stop.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Water

Post by tonyp » 02 Mar 2018, 09:52

gazwilwah wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 04:06
It's always level right?
I'm not sure why your question and the replies have got themselves mixed up in Pictorial jokes. But when are you going to give us an answer to your question?
Being happy never goes out of style

gazwilwah
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by gazwilwah » 02 Mar 2018, 12:30

prove the globe? prove gravity? you only have beliefs in what you have been told since you were 5.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15421
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by stuie » 02 Mar 2018, 12:45

gazwilwah wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 12:30
prove the globe? prove gravity? you only have beliefs in what you have been told since you were 5.
I think the shoe is on the other foot, you need to put up some arguments (not a 2hour youtube video)

Do you believe there are satellites in space, do you believe that space exploration is real,
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

gazwilwah
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by gazwilwah » 02 Mar 2018, 14:25

So if you say you own a pink Unicorn, I have to prove you don't? the claim is we live on a spinning ball, where's the proof? You could also show me a photo of a pink unicorn, doe's that mean they exist?

People have gone out and used high tech very expensive equipment to measure distances, where there should be a curve according to the official size of the Earth, guess what, there is not a curve and not even a hint of a curve. To me that's not a good sign we are being told the truth.

dunc
Posts: 2045
Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 01:40
Location: shropshire

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by dunc » 02 Mar 2018, 18:03

I prefer to look upwards rather than downwards!
The average human height at ground level doesn't give us much scope to see the curve of the ground.
When I look upwards I see all the satelites and stars crossing the sky - some close enough for us to appreciate that they are orbiting us and some far enough away to suggest they are orbiting in different ways.
But seeing them all rise on one side and set the other or in the case of our galaxy - the Milky Way, all appearing to orbit the Pole Star.
When I have flown in an aeroplane the view gives a much better idea of the curve of the earth.
Which therefore leaves me doubt that the millions of scientists are correct in their theory.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27094
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by bristleposh » 02 Mar 2018, 19:19

I wish I could post a link to Google earth but can't, if you go to that app enter anywhere and watch how the globe spins until it lands on the chosen destination. I would prefer to believe historical facts on any level than some Johnny Come Lately two hour YouTube blogger. With no pictures of his world proving that it is flat or square or anything other that football shaped
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15925
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Is the Earth really what we are told it is?

Post by DaveLister » 02 Mar 2018, 23:14

dunc wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 01:23
I thought the pull from the moon causes the water to curve the other way - and hence causes the tides.
How can the moon go around the Earth if the Earth is flat?
And in turn, how does the Earth orbit the sun while rotating on its axis, thereby causing the seasons?
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests