Londonroad.net

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wycliffe

Re: Londonroad.net

Post by Wycliffe » 07 Jun 2018, 07:46

bristleposh wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 06:48
Wycliffe wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 21:57
bristleposh wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 20:45
Nope
:lol:
Just as a thought I think I overtook you in that game having finished second once.
It took me ages to work out a strategy.

Probably (apart from football) the most addictive game I have ever played

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Jun 2018, 07:59

I agree, we used to play a similar game as children where you'd have a list of about half a dozen things eg capital city, colour, river, then you'd pick a letter and had to name one of the question beginning with that letter unlike sheep the scoring was just straightforward. 5/6 etc.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 07 Jun 2018, 09:05

bristleposh wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 07:59
I agree, we used to play a similar game as children where you'd have a list of about half a dozen things eg capital city, colour, river, then you'd pick a letter and had to name one of the question beginning with that letter unlike sheep the scoring was just straightforward. 5/6 etc.
:lol: I can't think of anything less like sheep

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Jun 2018, 09:48

Wycliffe wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 09:05
bristleposh wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 07:59
:lol: I can't think of anything less like sheep
I can.....elephants

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Jun 2018, 18:39

A good one from dotnet today, in the Fred Drift enclave entitled Ticking Clocks. Now there’s supposed to be some educated people on there but complaining that you can’t sleep because of a noisy clock seems just weird.We have two alarm clocks in our bedroom and I just pop in a pair of earplugs, job done, they even stop the squawking bloody seagulls we have in our neighbourhood. This information was brought to you free of charge, ear plugs however cost a few pence each on eBay or amazon

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 07 Jun 2018, 21:38

bristleposh wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 18:39
A good one from dotnet today, in the Fred Drift enclave entitled Ticking Clocks. Now there’s supposed to be some educated people on there but complaining that you can’t sleep because of a noisy clock seems just weird.We have two alarm clocks in our bedroom and I just pop in a pair of earplugs, job done, they even stop the squawking bloody seagulls we have in our neighbourhood. This information was brought to you free of charge, ear plugs however cost a few pence each on eBay or amazon
Why on earth would you buy earplugs as opposed to purchasing silent clocks if it bothered you?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jun 2018, 06:10

Wycliffe wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 21:38
bristleposh wrote:
Why on earth would you buy earplugs as opposed to purchasing silent clocks if it bothered you?
Some people find them soothing, my wife for instance and as I say my little ear plugs don't effect anyone else, I got used to wearing them in my last job when you had to wear them to dampen the sound of the printing equipment. I'm not talking massive Dr Dre type things, just little rubbery pop in jobbies.

stuie

Post by stuie » 08 Jun 2018, 12:05

Wycliffe wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 21:38
bristleposh wrote:
:stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far