Birmingham crash

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Birmingham crash

Post by bristleposh » 19 Dec 2017, 17:03

Just reading that one of the dead was an evil drug dealer who had recently come out of prison and should have been under watch on a tag. That system seems to work so well. Not. Perhaps they should've put him in prison in Liverpool. How do people get upset about conditions in jail, perhaps if the scum didn't commit crimes there would be no need to supply them with accommodation.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

stuie

Re: Birmingham crash

Post by stuie » 19 Dec 2017, 17:22

bristleposh wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 17:03
Just reading that one of the dead was an evil drug dealer who had recently come out of prison and should have been under watch on a tag. That system seems to work so well. Not. Perhaps they should've put him in prison in Liverpool. How do people get upset about conditions in jail, perhaps if the scum didn't commit crimes there would be no need to supply them with accommodation.
I think you elude to some serious issues around crime and punishment, and the lack of funding, the use of tags, etc etc.however I am not in favour of soft prisons, but basic rights are required in a civilised society, Liverpool prison conditions is unacceptable IMO
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 19 Dec 2017, 23:05

stuie wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 17:22
bristleposh wrote:
I think you elude to some serious issues around crime and punishment, and the lack of funding, the use of tags, etc etc.however I am not in favour of soft prisons, but basic rights are required in a civilised society, Liverpool prison conditions is unacceptable IMO
Indeed.
That's because you have a modicum of decency.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 20 Dec 2017, 08:55

bristleposh wrote:
Prisons shouldn't be so comfortable that some people prefer to be there rather than at home (or in the street).
Prisons aren't supposed to be hotels with TVs, en-suites, 3 meals a day etc etc.
As bristle sys "if the scum didn't commit crimes there would be no need to supply them with accommodation.
Being happy never goes out of style

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Dec 2017, 09:18

Thank you Tony, this is why we have so much crime in this country, some of the thugs look upon prison as a right of passage, even having badges of honour tattooed on their faces. (Probably just to ensure they can't get a job and have to continue in a life of crime) The namby pampy liberals always talk of prisoners rights, what about the rights of the victims of crime.
Because I believe

stuie

Post by stuie » 20 Dec 2017, 10:45

Punishment should fit the crime, prisons should be fit for purpose

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Dec 2017, 11:13

stuie wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 10:45
Sadly imo the first rarely does, the second they have a choice to follow the straight and narrow. I still think the South Africans had it right putting the villains on an island away from law abiding citizens, sadly their one eyed approach meant that people whose only crime was to be black were given that treatment too. I think Sing Sing and Alcatraz were also islands and what about the one in the film Papillion was that not also on an island. Get a decomissioned naval vesel park it off the coast of Essex where the Radio Stations used to be and leave them to rot.
Because I believe

stuie

Post by stuie » 20 Dec 2017, 11:20

bristleposh wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 11:13
stuie wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 10:45
Sadly imo the first rarely does, the second they have a choice to follow the straight and narrow. I still think the South Africans had it right putting the villains on an island away from law abiding citizens, sadly their one eyed approach meant that people whose only crime was to be black were given that treatment too. I think Sing Sing and Alcatraz were also islands and what about the one in the film Papillion was that not also on an island. Get a decomissioned naval vesel park it off the coast of Essex where the Radio Stations used to be and leave them to rot.
Unfortunately both rarely do