brexit

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: brexit

Post by bristleposh » 28 Feb 2018, 00:17

Sorry which way did the majority of the people who could be bothered to vote, actually vote, Labour haven't a clue, they want to go against what the majority want most of whom were Labour constituents
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

dunc

Post by dunc » 28 Feb 2018, 01:51

that makes at least 4 of you then

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 28 Feb 2018, 09:39

Independence Day looms slow but surely towards its target.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

White G

Post by White G » 28 Feb 2018, 12:26

trevormans wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 19:59
The biggest single problem we have is that the tories are prepared to sacrifice the prosperity of this country to avoid a big split in their party.

At every point they have sought to deny Parliament the right to debate and make decisions. We have a representative democracy , but they talk of taking back control to our sovereign parliament , yet deny it decision making.

They actually see the day of Brexit (march next year) as an end in itself, it is not: it is a profoundly big leap downwards

The Labour party have elected as leader someone who, though he may be fully sincere, cannot think the big picture and who is the single biggest reason why Brexit will happen. His deputy McDonnell is a dangerous incompetent.

Meanwhile the rabid and extremist brexiteers do not give a tinkers cuss for how the country will fare in the next thirty years, as long as they and theirs are all right. Nothing they have said points to a good reason why we as a country should prosper. There is no evidence that we can prosper. Just pie in the sky wishful thinking. They care even less about anybody outside the south east , and those of us in Cheshire and up north will be left to pick up the crumbs. The Welsh hill farmers will be decimated,the Scots will be ignored and allowed to rot, manufacturing industry will continue to collapse, the NHS is in the brown and we are about to discourage nurses from overseas, but the single biggest loss which really dwarfs all things, will be if the peace process in Ulster is put in serious jeopardy. This is so serious , and yet the weak and instable Theresa is in hock to the mental deficient bigots of the DUP who care nothing about anything but their small mindedness and hatred of sodomy , papists and abortion, yet they demand to be treated like the rest of the UK. It is insane beyond measure

Not one of the arrogant bar stewards ever ever gave a moments thought to Northern Ireland, not when they could push forward their own small minded petty and personal ambition. Gove and Johnson should be kicked rectally
Nail on the head here mate. I don't think anyone could logically argue against any of these points.With 80% of the media owned by 5 people (none of whom pay taxes here), the masses have been brainwashed into doing what's against their own interests & for these tax-dodging parasites. They're already sorted and won't suffer, quite the opposite actually as under the Tories they'll continue to get off scot-free!

Living in Scotland now, I'd happily go independent just to get out of the car crash that is the UK. We're losing everything we've built up & becoming a deeply divided national full of selfishness, bitterness & short-sighted thinking. Who cares though, we've got our blue passports back!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 28 Feb 2018, 14:59

Strange how The Times, owned by Rupert (I think he still owns it) has been very anti brexit from day one.

White G

Post by White G » 28 Feb 2018, 18:23

bristleposh wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 14:59
Strange how The Times, owned by Rupert (I think he still owns it) has been very anti brexit from day one.
The Times supports the Tories!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 28 Feb 2018, 19:06

White G wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 18:23
bristleposh wrote:
The topic is about brexit

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 28 Feb 2018, 20:07

Brianposh wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 09:39
Independence Day looms slow but surely towards its target.
I have little doubt that we are heading inexorably towards the most calamitous self imposed disaster any country has brought upon itself in recent years
Some may call it Independence,

but in reality, independence from what??

independence from having nurses from overseas to tend us in hospital??

independence from having people to pick and process our vegetables?

independence from having skilled workers and doctors from overseas and suchlike to fill the spaces left by the calamitous lack of investment in education, in training, in improving productivity?

The tory press have hijacked the phrase "will of the people" and called nonbelievers " enemies of the people" or "traitors".

whilst brexiteers may have won the vote, however it is emphatically not "the will of the people " when less than 38% of the population have voted for it

Nobody has yet shown me a single law passed by the EU that has had a substantial hurtful effect upon them.
Nobody has yet shown me a judgement from the ECJ which has caused substantial difficulty.
Nobody has yet shown me how we are suffering because we are without sovereignty.

All the idiot farage could do was point out that it said "EU" on our passport , or that his own project fear had us being flooded with people coming from Turkey and Syria

Some may say "whatever , it is a price worth paying" but nobody has yet shown me what they believe "the price" actually is. Can you say what it is?? How much are we prepared to lose before someone says "that is too much, we did not vote to be poorer"

Nobody can yet, but just as idiot Johnson said "they can whistle for it" as if 50 billion was a ridiculous sum, it is now being spoken of as acceptable. So too will the reality be seen to be unlikely , and then will become " a price worth paying" for our Independence

Is anybody stupid enough to believe that that is the end of it?? There will be so much more in additional costs.

We are already 15-20% down on currency exchange yet clown rees mogg says food , clothing and shoes will be cheaper!!! It is beyond belief what rubbish people will swallow

I have little doubt, just as night follows day, that the pound will drop a further 10% next march 30th 2019. This will immediately put up your cost of living, and perhaps cost the average family maybe £1000 . And all this before the additional costs arise from Brexit. We ain't seen nothing yet.

Before the referendum we were told it was all going to be so easy, that we would save so much by not contributing ( in reality ,we each pay £2.26 net a week!!! less than £150 per person per week)

the £350 million per week was always "fake news"

Now the reality is coming home and we are saying " it won't be too bad" yes yes yes yes it will!!!!!!!!!! and then far worse

"it wont be like mad max" says the clown davis, is that all we can aspire to? Davis who is frightened to put out in his own departments analysis of the expected costs

where are these wonderful trade deals going to come from? which country can we not trade with today?? yet in reality we are already out-traded by germany 4 to 1 in all these countries!!!

Liam Fox was forced to resign before because he was crooked. He is without a clue and thinks he can replace the losses with extra deals

If this is what Independence is about, then the truth should be put to the people

It would be a strong and stable decision to do

White G

Post by White G » 28 Feb 2018, 21:56

bristleposh wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 19:06
White G wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 18:23
bristleposh wrote:
The topic is about brexit
It's all connected mate. The Tories caused this Brexit fiasco as they tried to win UKIP votes, whilst trying to please Euro-Sceptic rebels. The press work with their Tory friends to feed the masses rubbish so that we vote for who they want to win That's why Brexit happened, it was because the media tells us Europe is to blame for our immigration problem, failing NHS, lack of prosperity, loss of jobs etc. The reality is that allowing these same people to avoid paying their dues causes the problem, but the truth would be bad for the elite. We're told to get angry at unemployed people rather than bankers, it's an absolute joke. Now the Tories are wanting to take away the EU working rights & human rights, it's turkeys voting for Xmas alright! Murdoch and his empire are Tory backerange, whether they sided with remain or not, they've helped create the government that has caused this.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 28 Feb 2018, 23:32

White G wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 21:56
It's all connected mate. The Tories caused this Brexit fiasco as they tried to win UKIP votes, whilst trying to please Euro-Sceptic rebels. The press work with their Tory friends to feed the masses rubbish so that we vote for who they want to win That's why Brexit happened, it was because the media tells us Europe is to blame for our immigration problem, failing NHS, lack of prosperity, loss of jobs etc. The reality is that allowing these same people to avoid paying their dues causes the problem, but the truth would be bad for the elite. We're told to get angry at unemployed people rather than bankers, it's an absolute joke. Now the Tories are wanting to take away the EU working rights & human rights, it's turkeys voting for Xmas alright! Murdoch and his empire are Tory backerange, whether they sided with remain or not, they've helped create the government that has caused this.
What you are trying to say in the simplest possible terms is "I didn't get the result I wanted and I will make up any crap to blame those who voted for the right decision" simples

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 01 Mar 2018, 00:45

The Leavers WON the vote.............................END OF.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 01 Mar 2018, 06:16

Brianposh wrote:
01 Mar 2018, 00:45
VGPWM :clap2:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 Mar 2018, 09:37

Brianposh wrote:
Sadly, although it should be, some will never accept it.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 Mar 2018, 09:56

bristleposh wrote:
01 Mar 2018, 09:37
Brianposh wrote:
Sadly, although it should be, some will never accept it.
It seems to me (from a distance) that they don't have much choice.
Being happy never goes out of style

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 01 Mar 2018, 10:47

Brianposh wrote:
I have never disputed that the "leavers" had a majority , and in those terms "won the vote"

however, it is becoming increasingly clear that so many people did not know what they were voting for

can anybody tell me what the cost in monetary terms to our prosperity, to our standard of living, to the peace process,to the GDP, to the national health, and in general terms to our general standing in the world will actually be???

I will be delighted if someone can tell me. whether it be mrs may, mrs foster, mr johnson, mr farage, mr davis or anybody else

and can that person then tell me that that is a price worth paying?

because what matters is the general prosperity of this country for the next few decades, not a few hours of pathetic triumphalism on march 30 2019

so many brexiteers claim they knew exactly what they were voting for. if they did know, then let them pronounce on what these cost.

So far nobody has dared say because the cost is genuinely catastrophic for most in this country

I do not believe that the majority actually knew what they were voting for , nor indeed the implications of brexit

whatever else, it is not a case of the the very manly cliche "end of"

more, it is a case of "start of".......... the leap off the cliff