Computer help required

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Computer help required

Post by bristleposh » 22 Nov 2017, 18:14

I have a faulty mouse that keeps double clicking, so annoying when you end up posting stuff twice or when I get a downloaded picture of an album coming up full size when I've actually only clicked on the info of the track.

My question having seen mouses that are remote, do they work with all computers and how do you put the plug in bit that presumably acts as its wifi link.

Just a thought are they mouses or mice
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

ashman

Re: Computer help required

Post by ashman » 22 Nov 2017, 18:31

bristleposh wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 18:14
I have a faulty mouse that keeps double clicking, so annoying when you end up posting stuff twice or when I get a downloaded picture of an album coming up full size when I've actually only clicked on the info of the track.

My question having seen mouses that are remote, do they work with all computers and how do you put the plug in bit that presumably acts as its wifi link.

meeces!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 Nov 2017, 19:06

ashman wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 18:31
bristleposh wrote:

meeces!
I hate them to pieces

stuie

Post by stuie » 22 Nov 2017, 20:46

bristleposh wrote:

not sure, but I use a mouse plugged in to a usb port, works for me, and cost next to nothing
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

ashman

Post by ashman » 22 Nov 2017, 21:11

Are you sure that you haven't got this? Lots of symptoms i.e. Alcoholism, anxiety, drug abuse, fatigue +?

https://www.medicinenet.com/shaking_han ... mptoms.htm

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 Nov 2017, 21:47

ashman wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 21:11
Are you sure that you haven't got this? Lots of symptoms i.e. Alcoholism, anxiety, drug abuse, fatigue +?

You could be right there, got answers on both Facebook and Twitter. Will try and sort the problem tomorrow

stuie

Post by stuie » 22 Nov 2017, 22:26

ashman wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 21:11

:clap2:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 22 Nov 2017, 22:38

I have an Apple "Magic Mouse" which is really good and completely wireless. It doesn't have batteries but is charged from the computer (or laptop in my case). The old ones with batteries needed batteries replaced far too often.

Once when I was away from home I discovered that I had left the magic mouse at home. So I went to a gimmick shop and bought one that suited all computers. It was only about $10. It has batteries and inside where you put the batteries in there is a little USB thingy which you remove and plug into the laptop. It is also completely wireless. It's OK but not nearly as good as the Magic Mouse.
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 22 Nov 2017, 23:59

tonyp wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 22:38
I have an Apple "Magic Mouse" which is really good and completely wireless. It doesn't have batteries but is charged from the computer (or laptop in my case). The old ones with batteries needed batteries replaced far too often.

Once when I was away from home I discovered that I had left the magic mouse at home. So I went to a gimmick shop and bought one that suited all computers. It was only about $10. It has batteries and inside where you put the batteries in there is a little USB thingy which you remove and plug into the laptop. It is also completely wireless. It's OK but not nearly as good as the Magic Mouse.
My Apple mouse consumes batteries at an alarming rate too!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 23 Nov 2017, 00:29

ashman wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 23:59
tonyp wrote:

Do as I did. Get one of the new ones that don't have batteries.

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Nov 2017, 01:05

tonyp wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 00:29
ashman wrote:
tonyp wrote:

Lend me £79 and I'll get one! You do have to charge it though and it can't be used when it is charging!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 23 Nov 2017, 02:15

ashman wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 01:05
tonyp wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 00:29
ashman wrote:

Lend me £79 and I'll get one! You do have to charge it though and it can't be used when it is charging!
They're cheaper than that in Australia. Only about $90. Not much more than £50.
Yes, you do have to charge it. And you can't use it while it is charging. But I just plug it in when I go to bed.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Nov 2017, 08:55

What are the ones like that are under a tenner on eBay and amazon

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Nov 2017, 09:00

tonyp wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 02:15
Yes, you do have to charge it. And you can't use it while they it is charging. But I just plug it in when I go to bed.
British Pacemakers are far more sophisticated. They don't need to be charged - but it's good that you can maintain yours like that! :wink:

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Nov 2017, 09:01

bristleposh wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 08:55
What are the ones like that are under a tenner on eBay and amazon
Cheap!