This bonkers World we live in

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: This bonkers World we live in

Post by bristleposh » 04 Nov 2017, 21:54

...and you still avoid the Twin Towers et al,

I agreed with you that there have been evil people from all religions, they tried to blow up St Margaret at Brighton for heavens sake. Yes the Norwegian guy, the Vegas guy were just out and out nutters. Put into words of small syllables if need be who was responsible for 9/11.
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 04 Nov 2017, 22:31

bristleposh wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 21:54
...and you still avoid the Twin Towers et al,

I agreed with you that there have been evil people from all religions, they tried to blow up St Margaret at Brighton for heavens sake. Yes the Norwegian guy, the Vegas guy were just out and out nutters. Put into words of small syllables if need be who was responsible for 9/11.
bad misguided men

I will say it again if you missed it

Bad misguided me

Now seek to
Defend your utterly racist views on slavery

Margaret was never sanctified. Few witches are

But please defend your views on slavery

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Nov 2017, 23:13

Still not answering your question then?

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 05 Nov 2017, 01:28

If you believe that the slave trade is comparable to the trade of ivory then you deserve nothing but mockery. Bristle you are a monumental idiot.

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 05 Nov 2017, 01:30

An utterly indefensible position.

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 05 Nov 2017, 01:36

Are you sure you don’t want to post another infowars (lol) video as evidence Master Bristle?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 05 Nov 2017, 07:54

tooposhforwords wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 01:36
Are you sure you don’t want to post another infowars (lol) video as evidence Master Bristle?
I have absolutely no idea of what infowars is, having googled it I see something about Alex Jones, the only AJ I know presents the one show. Perhaps you should read a complete thread to understand what is going on. What gives you the right to call me an idiot when you have no idea what you are on about even our resident expert trevormans has missed the entire point of my comment (in another thread about Wilberforce).

I will try and explain for the more hard of reading. I have no doubt that slavery was an evil trade, those were different times, little was known of the world, people and animals therein, I imagine, without actually having been there, that very much like the evil trade in Ivory and other animal prizes, like the shooting of lions as prizes for the rich. Africa as a continent, was colonised by the Dutch, French, Spanish and British and probably others. Most have returned to self government, which is not working too well judging by the number of people paying traffickers to take their own lives into their hands to take life threatening journeys across the Mediterranean. My comments which were ill judged, in a Twitter style sound bite style, were aimed at the current African situation with all the evil dictators who enslave and murder their own people. Money was the evil in slavery, it still is, the majority of ills other than those created in the name of religion are caused by mans inherent greed. Wanting something that others have without having to work for it. Now, for the more informed of those on the website, obviously not me, can someone please tell me an African nation that is better off for the people who live there than they were back in the 15th and 16th century. For those who would say South Africa, am I basing my blinkered view on televisual images of places like Soweto where I assume many ordinary people still live despite the wealth of the country.

Your resident idiot awaits your reply.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 05 Nov 2017, 08:36

bristleposh wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 07:54
Now, for the more informed of those on the website, obviously not me, can someone please tell me an African nation that is better off for the people who live there than they were back in the 15th and 16th century. For those who would say South Africa, am I basing my blinkered view on televisual images of places like Soweto where I assume many ordinary people still live despite the wealth of the country.

Your resident idiot awaits your reply.
I've been to South Africa.
And I've seen lots of places like Soweto.
But the guide on our tour was a coloured South African who told us that he could not have had such a job previously.
And the guide who showed us the prison on Robben Island, was a previous inmate.
I think you re right that South Africa still has a long way to go.
Being happy never goes out of style

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 05 Nov 2017, 10:29

Thank you Tony, nice to see somebody reads before commenting on a single soundbite.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 05 Nov 2017, 14:42

Having worked in west Africa during the 1970s
I fully believe that Ivory Coast was massively further forward not only from previous centuries but moreover since independence from France in 1957
The French had put in good infrastructure before they left and the president HB had developed the country well

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 05 Nov 2017, 15:40

trevormans wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 14:42
Having worked in west Africa during the 1970s
I fully believe that Ivory Coast was massively further forward not only from previous centuries but moreover since independence from France in 1957
The French had put in good infrastructure before they left and the president HB had developed the country well
Very good and did a dog whistle bring down the World Trade Centre

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 05 Nov 2017, 16:44

you asked what was clearly a loaded question about africa and I have responded that yes I lived in a country ( Cote D'Ivoire) that was markedly forward from previous centuries and indeed from independence,.

your knowledge is thus extended and your prejudice once again proven its worth

i have already told you that bad misguided men caused the collapse of the world trade centre . I do not know their names . but equally I do not know the names of the murderous chaps at srebenice , nor in Rwanda, but I am confident that they laid claim to Christianity as their default religion.

i am sorry that I used one word that had more than one syllable (misguided) . you did specify that I use only single word answers but I felt in your case it was a word that you have good cause to understand

it is you who responds to the dog whistle
not I

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 05 Nov 2017, 17:09

trevormans wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 16:44
you asked what was clearly a loaded question about africa and I have responded that yes I lived in a country ( Cote D'Ivoire) that was markedly forward from previous centuries and indeed from independence,.

your knowledge is thus extended and your prejudice once again proven its worth

i have already told you that bad misguided men caused the collapse of the world trade centre . I do not know their names . but equally I do not know the names of the murderous chaps at srebenice , nor in Rwanda, but I am confident that they laid claim to Christianity as their default religion.

i am sorry that I used one word that had more than one syllable (misguided) . you did specify that I use only single word answers but I felt in your case it was a word that you have good cause to understand

it is you who responds to the dog whistle
not I
Why do you keep bringing up the Christianiy bit in places other than Srebenice and Rwanda yet feel loth to mention the other religion in respect of the unnamed attackers in just about every civilised country in the World. My views are probably wrong, I get accused of being a racist, for poorly executed comments, but the line between my comments about a footballers Christian name and that of the murderous scum who drive along streets in vehicles mowing down people at random, of going into the offices of a magazine and murdering the staff for publishing cartoons, of blowing themselves up in the street with the sole aim of killing as many individuals as possible, and all the myriad of atrocities committed in the name of a god.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 05 Nov 2017, 18:33

“Why do you keep bringing up the Christianiy bit in places other than Srebenice and Rwanda” “
because your default position is Muslims are always at fault and you do never take a balanced view. I am giving an alternative which you seem to not wish to consider
“religion in respect of the unnamed attackers in just about every civilised country in the World.” Murderous muslims are as evil as murderous bad men who are not Muslims.

“Every civilised country in the world” ??? a typically silly over-simplification and exaggeration. Murderous scum in Colombia were seldom Muslim. Murderous scum in Kobe in Japan were not Muslim . Murderous scum in Liberia were not Muslim, murderous scum at Babi- Yar were not muslim etc etc etc
“My views are probably wrong, I get accused of being a racist, for poorly executed comments,”
Yes your views are wrong. It is understood that you will make poorly executed comments. That is easily forgiveable, you have made it clear that your education was never complete . Nobody should ever hold that against you. Racism however is the mindset of stupidity and is not forgiveable.

stuie

Post by stuie » 05 Nov 2017, 19:52

trevormans wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 18:33
Racism however is the mindset of stupidity and is not forgiveable.
spot on
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far