This bonkers World we live in

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

White G

Re: This bonkers World we live in

Post by White G » 07 Nov 2017, 01:23

Classic Bristle here going with the tabloid headlines. Schools in Afghanistan getting bombed by "Christian" countries is hardly going to make the front page of the Daily Mail. I'd like to see the stats of atrocities in the last few decades, It would make Bristle choke on his cornflakes anyway!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Nov 2017, 09:08

White G wrote:
07 Nov 2017, 01:23
Classic Bristle here going with the tabloid headlines. Schools in Afghanistan getting bombed by "Christian" countries is hardly going to make the front page of the Daily Mail. I'd like to see the stats of atrocities in the last few decades, It would make Bristle choke on his cornflakes anyway!
FYI I never read tabloids and haven't done since I was at school, or do you consider The Times to be a tabloid. I know strictly speaking by the dimensions of the paper it is a tabloid, but I assume you refer to the much derided red tops. I don't eat corn flakes either. The schools you refer to in Afghanistan, I believe were accidental and can be attributed more so to the cowards who hide themselves amongst the community. I have no time for the apologists who say there are good and bad in every community, this is true, I think anybody with a modicum of common sense knows that. The fact remains that the people from ISIS and there misrepresentation of what is supposed to be a peaceful religion should be eradicated from the face of the earth.
Copntinuing the theme of crazy world topics, some nutter walks into a church and murders a couple of dozen people, nothing to do with religion, other than the fact that the assassinated were in a church, we then get the usual claptrap coming from the states about guns not killing people, but the people holding the guns that kill people, doh! Without the ready supply of guns those nutters would have to find some other way of killing people and they'd find it a damn sight harder to do that with a knife that an automatic firearm.

On another thing to do with World news, last nights Panorama highlighted several instances of the rich avoiding paying the correct ammount of tax, why do they do it, they can only spend so much in a lifetime and with the ammounts that are being taked about, why can't they pay their fair share. Apple should pay the rightful amount of tax, why can they circumvent the system to make obscene amounts of propfit, again, why do they need it. Lewis Hamilton has made huge amounts of money from being able to drive the best car faster than someone can drive the second fastest car. Not a sport. However thousands of people pay shedloads to watch it, so why with all his wealth does he need to avoid paying £3m in VAT, which with all the other sundrie amounts from all the other tax dodgers could improve the plight of the NHS, schools, roads and many other things. I don't pay tax anymore, although I may have to pay some inheritance tax eventually when mys ons estate is finally resolved, I won't try and avoid it, what do I need the money for. If I can't afford it from what I currently have I won't have it. Greed, it is probably the worst trait in humankind.
https://hashtagbay.com/wp-content/uploads/product/40593/58f7f1702485b.png

stuie

Post by stuie » 07 Nov 2017, 13:03

bristleposh wrote:
07 Nov 2017, 09:08
White G wrote:
07 Nov 2017, 01:23
there are good and bad in every community, this is true, I think anybody with a modicum of common sense knows that. The fact remains that the people from ISIS and there misrepresentation of what is supposed to be a peaceful religion should be eradicated from the face of the earth.
Copntinuing the theme of crazy world topics, some nutter walks into a church and murders a couple of dozen people, nothing to do with religion, other than the fact that the assassinated were in a church, we then get the usual claptrap coming from the states about guns not killing people, but the people holding the guns that kill people, doh! Without the ready supply of guns those nutters would have to find some other way of killing people and they'd find it a damn sight harder to do that with a knife that an automatic firearm.

On another thing to do with World news, last nights Panorama highlighted several instances of the rich avoiding paying the correct ammount of tax, why do they do it, they can only spend so much in a lifetime and with the ammounts that are being taked about, why can't they pay their fair share. Apple should pay the rightful amount of tax, why can they circumvent the system to make obscene amounts of propfit, again, why do they need it. Lewis Hamilton has made huge amounts of money from being able to drive the best car faster than someone can drive the second fastest car. Not a sport. However thousands of people pay shedloads to watch it, so why with all his wealth does he need to avoid paying £3m in VAT, which with all the other sundrie amounts from all the other tax dodgers could improve the plight of the NHS, schools, roads and many other things. I don't pay tax anymore, although I may have to pay some inheritance tax eventually when mys ons estate is finally resolved, I won't try and avoid it, what do I need the money for. If I can't afford it from what I currently have I won't have it. Greed, it is probably the worst trait in humankind.
agree with all the both except

Americans need to have guns, as the bad people will keep them etc etc, However To allow the general issue of semi automatics, and kits to make them automatic is insane, plus to allow them to be issued to people with registered mental health issues and people with criminal records is madness
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

White G

Post by White G » 08 Nov 2017, 23:57

Bristle, the thing is with people like Lewis Hamilton is that we give them MBEs and worship them. If he wants to dodge tax, then that's up to him but why on earth do we see him as a hero. The country has helped make him and despite being loaded, he'd do anything to avoid paying his way. If I was the Queen I'd cross folk like him off the New Year's Honours List, but then again she is just as bad!

White G

Post by White G » 09 Nov 2017, 00:00

And Bristle, don't go boasting about reading the Times. It's a News International, Tory propaganda rag which publishes what suits their agenda.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Nov 2017, 09:19

White G wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 23:57
If I was the Queen I'd cross folk like him off the New Year's Honours List, but then again she is just as bad!
Totally wrong, her financial advisers are the ones that deal with all our monies, not her. I'm not sure if she is even aware that her own picture appears on coins, notes and stamps.
https://hashtagbay.com/wp-content/uploads/product/40593/58f7f1702485b.png

White G

Post by White G » 09 Nov 2017, 18:43

bristleposh wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 09:19
White G wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 23:57
If I was the Queen I'd cross folk like him off the New Year's Honours List, but then again she is just as bad!
Totally wrong, her financial advisers are the ones that deal with all our monies, not her. I'm not sure if she is even aware that her own picture appears on coins, notes and stamps.
I'm sure one brief conversation could've made her advisors clear of her stance, particularly after the Panama papers escapade a while back. Ignorance isn't an excuse!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 09 Nov 2017, 19:55

no, but if it were then bristle would be permanently excused