Small bang.

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DoubleRay

Small bang.

Post by DoubleRay » 15 Sep 2017, 11:47

BBC and other media going way over the top with the latest incident in London. For god's sake it wasn't much bigger than a large firework. They are just being sensationalist as usual and giving amateur nutters who do this a bit of publicity they crave.

stuie

Re: Small bang.

Post by stuie » 15 Sep 2017, 11:55

DoubleRay wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 11:47
BBC and other media going way over the top with the latest incident in London. For god's sake it wasn't much bigger than a large firework. They are just being sensationalist as usual and giving amateur nutters who do this a bit of publicity they crave.
Disagree, this was a home made bomb, that didn't reach its full potential (thank goodness)
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 15 Sep 2017, 12:07

stuie wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 11:55
DoubleRay wrote:
Disagree, this was a home made bomb, that didn't reach its full potential (thank goodness)
It was a bucket in a Lidl bag with some fake wires and stuff.Probably a firework with a bit of fertiliser.Like I said, an amateur nutter. We have had loads of suspicious packages here in Peterborough and they have never made the main news. If this had happened here in Peterborough it would just get a 3 minute mention on Anglia news.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 15 Sep 2017, 12:32

DoubleRay wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 12:07
stuie wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 11:55
DoubleRay wrote:
It was a bucket in a Lidl bag with some fake wires and stuff.Probably a firework with a bit of fertiliser.Like I said, an amateur nutter. We have had loads of suspicious packages here in Peterborough and they have never made the main news. If this had happened here in Peterborough it would just get a 3 minute mention on Anglia news.
Reports here are that London police have declared it a 'terrorist incident' .
Are you suggesting that the media have influenced the Police thinking?
Being happy never goes out of style

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 15 Sep 2017, 12:46

I'm suggesting it's an amateur and the media seem to go mad when one idiot causes a bit of a panic in London.. The definition of terrorism is the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
The police wouldn't know yet if it's political so why they have declared that is beyond me. It probably is a Muslim but a unhinged one at that.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Sep 2017, 13:37

What annoyed me on the BBC breakfast programme was the woman they had on the scene, apparently an anchor on London News kept saying "As you can imagine" she must have said it a dozen times in the five minutes she was on. Example Parsons Green is a small station as you can imagine, no I flipping can't. You come out into a small street as you can imagine grrrr, loads of people running around in panic as you can imagine. Turn over and watch Sky Sports News instead, as you can imagine
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

stuie

Post by stuie » 16 Sep 2017, 07:56

DoubleRay wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 12:46
I'm suggesting it's an amateur and the media seem to go mad when one idiot causes a bit of a panic in London.. The definition of terrorism is the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
The police wouldn't know yet if it's political so why they have declared that is beyond me. It probably is a Muslim but a unhinged one at that.
So we have an IED that fortunately did not go off properly, very similar to the Manchester bomb, over 20 injured. IS claiming responsibility, Top level security levels

Terrorism

My son lives in London, and I guess like many took an uber home and not the underground

If this ain't terrorism what is :question:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 16 Sep 2017, 10:03

stuie wrote:
16 Sep 2017, 07:56
DoubleRay wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 12:46
So we have an IED that fortunately did not go off properly, very similar to the Manchester bomb, over 20 injured. IS claiming responsibility, Top level security levels

Terrorism

My son lives in London, and I guess like many took an uber home and not the underground

If this ain't terrorism what is :question:
Nothing like the Manchester bomb. That was a suicide with a rucksack killing 22. This was a bucket......
And most of the injuries were caused by panic. Yep I suppose it was terrorism but a lame attempt at it but we shouldn't let them think they are winning.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 16 Sep 2017, 12:46

ABC News
Man arrested as hundreds of UK soldiers deployed
An 18-year-old man has been arrested in connection to a terrorist attack on a London underground train, which left 30 people injured when a homemade bomb exploded during peak hour, police say.

The man was arrested in Dover, a major ferry port for travel between Britain and France on England's south-east coast, on Saturday morning (local time).

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 17 Sep 2017, 11:33

ABC News
London Underground blast: Second man arrested in connection to terrorist attack.
A second man has been arrested by detectives investigating Friday's terrorist attack at Parsons Green, which left 30 people injured when a homemade bomb exploded during peak hour.

The 21-year-old was arrested in the suburb of Hounslow in London's west just before midnight (local time), the Metropolitan Police force said in a statement.