Women Drivers

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Women Drivers

Post by bristleposh » 07 Sep 2017, 06:42

poshnipper wrote:
07 Sep 2017, 05:28
urmmm daib0, Brizzle and Tony.
Consider yourselves warned. Image

In-house bickering can be tolerated. Being naarsty about the driving qualities of the fairer sex, can not! :mrgreen:
Warning accepted, my son drives long distance all over England and Wales and occasionally into Jockland. His big bugbear is stoopid drivers who in bad weather fail to put their lights on. He claims it's normally women, as we drove along a stretch of dual carriageway straight after his comments, we saw three drivers out of about a hundred coming towards us without their lights on in teeming rain all of whom were women. Perhaps they consider they are saving electric.
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

Wycliffe

Re: Women Drivers

Post by Wycliffe » 15 Sep 2017, 09:53

I do a large number of miles too.
I find that is it is men in penis replacement type cars normally BMW's or Mercedes and 90% of the time painted black (the cars) that are irresponsible when it comes to lights not being on.
Also there is a habit nowadays of people driving with sidelights on when possible (as a lot of modern cars don't have that option thank goodness) which is pointless.
Men (inevitably) who wear gloves, a hat and a coat in a car are accidents waiting to happen, they are generally 65 plus and indicate right when going over roundabouts!!!!

Women are ok in general as they drive slower but have no elongated vision, they only see over their own bonnet rather than look ahead.
Personally i am luck as my missus drives more like a man (leave it) but I still only let her drive me if i am pissed, so i enjoy her skills most weekends.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 15 Sep 2017, 10:11

Wycliffe wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 09:53
I find that is it is men in penis replacement type cars normally BMW's or Mercedes and 90% of the time painted black (the cars) that are irresponsible when it comes to lights not being on.
Also there is a habit nowadays of people driving with sidelights on when possible (as a lot of modern cars don't have that option thank goodness) which is pointless.
Men (inevitably) who wear gloves, a hat and a coat in a car are accidents waiting to happen, they are generally 65 plus and indicate right when going over roundabouts!!!!

Women are ok in general as they drive slower but have no elongated vision, they only see over their own bonnet rather than look ahead.
Personally i am luck as my missus drives more like a man (leave it) but I still only let her drive me if i am pissed, so i enjoy her skills most weekends.
People who indicate right when entering a roundabout are doing it to let selfish drivers like you know that they are not leaving the roundabout until they indicate left. If all drivers were as considerate as them there would be less problems.
People who who wear gloves, a hat and a coat in a car are doing it because they're cold.
Women in general are as good drivers as men.
The worst drivers are those like you who do little but moan about other road users.
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 15 Sep 2017, 10:44

tonyp wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 10:11
Wycliffe wrote:

People who indicate right when entering a roundabout are doing it to let selfish drivers like you know that they are not leaving the roundabout until they indicate left. If all drivers were as considerate as them there would be less problems.
People who who wear gloves, a hat and a coat in a car are doing it because they're cold.
The worst drivers are those like you who do little but moan about other road users.
Tony 65 plus! :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 15 Sep 2017, 11:34

ashman wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 10:44
Tony 65 plus! :lol:
:)
True. But I don't own an overcoat or a pair of gloves. I do own a hat but wear it only when i'm out in the sun.

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 15 Sep 2017, 11:35

aede132a055350410dbf953ccfb8455f.jpg
aede132a055350410dbf953ccfb8455f.jpg (70.67 KiB) Viewed 355 times

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Sep 2017, 13:41

:lol:

I now fear the wrath of the nipperoderator
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 15 Sep 2017, 16:32

tonyp wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 10:11
Wycliffe wrote:

The etiquette in Oz (I know that is a swear word over there) is obviously different.
Indicating you are turning off is fine, indicating you are turning right when you are not is not fine, it really is that simple.

Cars have heaters in this country.

Women are in general less good drivers than men although I will accept they are often more considerate, however they have an inability to see far enough down the road to preempt any incident.
I make this observation having driven 50,000 miles minimum per annum every year for the past 40 years on busy roads in fluctuating weather.

Hope you got your CT programme ok. :)

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 15 Sep 2017, 20:23

Older women drivers are in the main awful ...Many of them are a liability and should not be allowed anywere near a car.

Same can be said about young men in cars that are far too powerful for them.
Last edited by superposh80 on 15 Sep 2017, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 15 Sep 2017, 20:38

Wycliffe wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 16:32
Not yet.
Did you put a stamp on the envelope? :)

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 16 Sep 2017, 07:35

tonyp wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 20:38
Wycliffe wrote:
15 Sep 2017, 16:32
Not yet.
Did you put a stamp on the envelope? :)
:D I didn't but the P.O woman did. A friggin' lot of them for £6!!!!