Drinking

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

bristleposh

Drinking

Post by bristleposh » 18 Aug 2017, 14:54

It would appear we have one or two members of the forum who don't seem to understand the drinking culture at football. I know that a lot of members of this board enjoy the odd beer before game, but I have never seen most of my close associates get as some call paralytic. In recent years my pre match libations are generally of the low percentage session beers and the generally only three or four and occasionally, as at Bristol Rovers five. When I was younger it could venture up close to and exceed double figures.
I'm not making out that it is big or clever, just that social drinking is part of the day out. I would be interested to hear if any of the anti drinkers stick to zero or like Brian just have a sociable pint.
For those of you that know me I will be having my 3 or 4 in The Weillington in Birmingham on my next away day for Walsall. Hopefully see some of you there.
https://hashtagbay.com/wp-content/uploads/product/40593/58f7f1702485b.png

Brianposh

Re: Drinking

Post by Brianposh » 18 Aug 2017, 15:05

Very much only a social drinker myself, as you well know Nick. I was brought up in a strict Methodist household where alcohol drink was NEVER drunk, even at weddings and Christmas. I do now love a nice pint of bitter though, but only of moderate quantity.
The only further comment I would make is it fascinates me at times that some Posh fans seem to know every little detail about alcohol/pubs/ production of/types etc.in fact far more information than about the football team they support. :wink: :lol: :?
I am the opposite. :lol:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Aug 2017, 15:43

So true Brian, I certainly know more about what I enjoy drinking.
https://hashtagbay.com/wp-content/uploads/product/40593/58f7f1702485b.png

stuie

Post by stuie » 18 Aug 2017, 16:54

bristleposh wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 14:54
It would appear we have one or two members of the forum who don't seem to understand the drinking culture at football. I know that a lot of members of this board enjoy the odd beer before game, but I have never seen most of my close associates get as some call paralytic. In recent years my pre match libations are generally of the low percentage session beers and the generally only three or four and occasionally, as at Bristol Rovers five. When I was younger it could venture up close to and exceed double figures.
I'm not making out that it is big or clever, just that social drinking is part of the day out. I would be interested to hear if any of the anti drinkers stick to zero or like Brian just have a sociable pint.
For those of you that know me I will be having my 3 or 4 in The Weillington in Birmingham on my next away day for Walsall. Hopefully see some of you there.
hope to meet you in the wellie buddy
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 18 Aug 2017, 17:12

The-Doctor-Said-One-Glass-A-Day-Funny-Beer-Meme.jpg
The-Doctor-Said-One-Glass-A-Day-Funny-Beer-Meme.jpg (109.78 KiB) Viewed 171 times

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 19 Aug 2017, 16:02

Agree with Brian. I work with people whose lives revolve solely around work and drinking, personally I don't see the point of that (in a few cases the drinking is the more important of the two).

I do enjoy a few beers after work very often. I believe personally it's a case of everything has its place.

Where Brian was brought up as a Methodist though, I'm a Catholic. I'll drink quite happily, safe in the knowledge that Jesus did too :D