mugwump

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

is Jeremy Corbyn a mugwump

yes
83%
no
17%

Total votes: 6

stuie

mugwump

Postby stuie » 28 Apr 2017, 22:54

Is jeremy corbyn a mugwump
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

bristleposh

Re: mugwump

Postby bristleposh » 28 Apr 2017, 22:56

According to Boris, and I believe Boris
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

trevormans

Postby trevormans » 29 Apr 2017, 09:19

only if you believe the tory press, who still maintain the lie that michael foot wore a donkey jacket at the cenotaph

lies stick if told enough.

the "long term economic plan" was never a long term economic plan but it deceived enough people. it was a soundbite

the idea of "strong and stable government" from this government is utterly untrue nothing they have done has been sound or stable

, but if you say the soundbites often enough some people will believe they are true. brexit gained 52% of the vote largely because people believed the soundbites

let us actually see some policies before the character assassination

mugwump is not a pejorative term , but those at one end of the gene pool may not know that , and are probably stupid enough not to care

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 29 Apr 2017, 22:59

Typical crass remarks, trying to defend the indefensible. As much as I'd love to see fairness, it is never going to come from left wing rhetoric. Trying to defend Foot and Corbyn, No can't be done.
the one eyed man is King

trevormans

Postby trevormans » 30 Apr 2017, 13:48

typical crass remarks from a professed right winger whose racist and utterly offensive remarks had to be pointed out to him earlier before he made a half baked apology/ excuse, and who had said previously that he holds the right wing press in high regard.

I have not sought to defend either Foot or Corbyn. not a single word.

I have pointed out, however, how those from one end of the gene pool are so easily influenced by mantras such as "strong and stable government" , "enemies of the people" and "let's crush the saboteurs" and "long term economic plan", "disrespect at the Cenotaph" etc etc. Goebbels knew that if you told the same lies often enough ,then there would be people gullible enough to believe it. Aaron Banks has said the same with regard to the referendum.

White G

Postby White G » 01 May 2017, 22:26

trevormans wrote:only if you believe the tory press, who still maintain the lie that michael foot wore a donkey jacket at the cenotaph

lies stick if told enough.

the "long term economic plan" was never a long term economic plan but it deceived enough people. it was a soundbite

the idea of "strong and stable government" from this government is utterly untrue nothing they have done has been sound or stable

, but if you say the soundbites often enough some people will believe they are true. brexit gained 52% of the vote largely because people believed the soundbites

let us actually see some policies before the character assassination

mugwump is not a pejorative term , but those at one end of the gene pool may not know that , and are probably stupid enough not to care

Good post mate. I won't be voting for Corbyn but agree with much of his ideas. Interesting article below on how we're led to believe Corbyn's an idiot, but can't actually explain why.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 40681.html

This leads to people such as these specimens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7lsRbDKOXg

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 02 May 2017, 08:42

My goodness, so you are the two who voted to stay and your so much brighter than the rest of us, I assume, not knowing wither of you, that you both went to college and are well educated, I too went to Uni, but sadly wasn't bright enough to continue my studies, the main reason for this was the left wing, dare I say communist, leanings of the tutors. I agree communism is a wonderful thing, it just doesn't work never has, never will. My other comments are derided because they are not politically correct. This PC stuff is something the knockers have brought in of late to denounce history. Now we are only allowed to believe the parts of history that suit the left and liberal wishie washies. Therefore people like Colston and Wills must be airbrushed from history. Whilst the Amins, Mugabes, Gaddaffis and Hussains are put on pedestals, denouncing the right wing press as liars seems a bit extreme, after all did they not report the holocaust or was that all lies too.
the one eyed man is King

Return to “General Chat”