Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

trevormans

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 30 May 2019, 07:49

yes, and how many brits were on the pitch in Baku

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 30 May 2019, 09:24

They play pub football, the Coalheavers Arms could field a team to compete up there, even tanked up on real ale.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh » 30 May 2019, 10:01

[/quote]
Ummm! Celtic current squad: 14 nationals and 20 foreigners!
The last Scottish team to win the European Cup was Aberdeen in 1983, 36 years ago, Rangers in 1972 (47 years ago) and Celtic in 1967 (52 years ago) Not much nurturing going on here!
[/quote]

Er no Ash, 1972 European Cup Final - Ajax 2 Inter 0 (Celtic lost on pens in the semi) & 1983 European Cup Final - Hamburg 1 Juventus 0. But both Aberdeen (1983) & Rangers (1972) have won the Cup Winners Cup once each.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:

ashman

Post by ashman » 30 May 2019, 10:21

BanburyPosh wrote:
30 May 2019, 10:01
Ummm! Celtic current squad: 14 nationals and 20 foreigners!
The last Scottish team to win the European Cup was Aberdeen in 1983, 36 years ago, Rangers in 1972 (47 years ago) and Celtic in 1967 (52 years ago) Not much nurturing going on here!
[/quote]

Er no Ash, 1972 European Cup Final - Ajax 2 Inter 0 (Celtic lost on pens in the semi) & 1983 European Cup Final - Hamburg 1 Juventus 0. But both Aberdeen (1983) & Rangers (1972) have won the Cup Winners Cup once each.

[/quote]
So sort of nearly right! :clap2: :lol: :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh » 30 May 2019, 12:09

OK Ashman, I'll give you that. You get a lot closer on here than one or two others!!! Apparently, for some obscure reason Gillingham are going to do really well next season with their recent change of manager from one of their own to you-know-who!!! Watch this space.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 01 Jun 2019, 11:00

I wonder if BJ is pleased that Trump is endorsing him. Perhaps fat liars coalesce?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 Jun 2019, 12:00

To tar them with the same brush is a little unfair, Trump's tenure this year has spawned over a hundred mass killings yet he still endorses guns, he goes after the Mexicans and Central Americans with a relish, he doesn't accept the climate change theories that are as plain as the hair on his head. The man is a ladies wee-wee hole with a capital C

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 01 Jun 2019, 12:38

whereas BJ is just an incompetent, narcissistic and a liar?

White G

Post by White G » 02 Jun 2019, 12:51

bristleposh wrote:
29 May 2019, 22:56
Says the bloke who thinks they play football in Scotland
Such a Brexiteer response. Unwilling to address the issue, instead venting his resentment (yet again) against another country. I'm sure a Scotsman was ran away with your wife or something as you seem awfully bitter.

What is the Brexiteer angle on the UK anyway? Forget the others & let Engerland go it alone? Logic would have it that England would need the other home nations as partners more than ever, given that we've lost trade with 500m odd other people!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 02 Jun 2019, 20:35

never ever will a brexiteer address the issues about brexit.

the only argument left (and it still does have some force) to the brexiteers is that they won a slight majority of those that voted however it is only 37% of the electorate of three years ago. we now know more of the truth,

they know it was won on lies mistruths and slogans

they know we will be worse off

they dare not allow figures as to how a "nodeal " will affect us . I heard today £140 billion adverse per annum , compared against the £10 billion expenditure per annum that we send to Brussels. that figure may well overstate the case , but even if it were one tenth of it then it would still outweigh the balance

they dare not answer because they know the truth , but will not admit the unicorns and lies

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Jun 2019, 21:12

Posting it twice, doesn't give it twice the relevance, if Trump says we'll be better off with a no deal Brexit it must be true.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 03 Jun 2019, 11:27

if there has been a inadvertent second posting of the same then that is probably a mistake, as there would be little point

if brexiteers keep quoting the £350 million per week , again and again then that is not a mistake , it is deliberate wilful deceit and lies, and it undoubtedly influenced some of those who might be described as ignorant

such lies are not the basis for democracy

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Jun 2019, 13:45

I'm afraid you are following the left wing press, The Grauniad, The Mirror and various other rags, that would have you believe the lies put forward by Jeremy and that prat who's name escapes me in charge of a party once led with panache by Paddy amongst others

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 03 Jun 2019, 15:53

trevormans wrote:
02 Jun 2019, 20:35
never ever will a brexiteer address the issues about brexit.

the only argument left (and it still does have some force) to the brexiteers is that they won a slight majority of those that voted however it is only 37% of the electorate of three years ago. we now know more of the truth,

they know it was won on lies mistruths and slogans

they know we will be worse off

they dare not allow figures as to how a "nodeal " will affect us . I heard today £140 billion adverse per annum , compared against the £10 billion expenditure per annum that we send to Brussels. that figure may well overstate the case , but even if it were one tenth of it then it would still outweigh the balance

they dare not answer because they know the truth , but will not admit the unicorns and lies
I really cannot be bothered to address the points you try to make. This thread has run its course and should be closed.
There are two sides to any debate and the vast majority of posters are completely polarised and nothing will change their thinking on this subject, I suggest.

ashman

Post by ashman » 03 Jun 2019, 16:23

PoshCynic wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 15:53
I really cannot be bothered to address the points you try to make. This thread has run its course and should be closed.
There are two sides to any debate and the vast majority of posters are completely polarised and nothing will change their thinking on this subject, I suggest.
I totally agree!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'