Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

trevormans

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 01 May 2019, 18:47

another of mrs strong and stable's cabinet bites the dust

if only there were a strong loyal opposition she would be down the plughole

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 May 2019, 22:26

It’s got to be either UKIP or the Brexit Party
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

ashman

Post by ashman » 01 May 2019, 22:38

bristleposh wrote:
01 May 2019, 22:26
You've got to be joking. If either of these loons become the ruling party then Britain, as we know it, will be well and truly stuffed! :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 May 2019, 07:48

ashman wrote:
01 May 2019, 22:38
bristleposh wrote:
01 May 2019, 22:26
You've got to be joking. If either of these loons become the ruling party then Britain, as we know it, will be well and truly stuffed! :shock:
I wasn’t, Cons have had two years and still can’t get a reasonable deal, Labour as usual are in disarray and have no clue, Lib/Dems take their usual view that democracy is not who wins the vote but who they think should have won the vote. Only the two loonatic fringe parties have a straight forward approach to represent the majority of people who voted in favour of leaving.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 02 May 2019, 08:04

I see that the good burghers of Peterborough have dumped their lying, devious MP at last , but not before she was able to cast the vote that blocked the deal. I wish we could get rid of Nick Boles too.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 02 May 2019, 16:22

Poshay wrote:
02 May 2019, 08:04
I see that the good burghers of Peterborough have dumped their lying, devious MP at last , but not before she was able to cast the vote that blocked the deal. I wish we could get rid of Nick Boles too.
Nick Boles is my MP too & I reckin he'll jack in politics soon becasue of ill health anyway.

Problem is, living in PE10, it'll just be another Tory scummer taking over.
I have no internet friends

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 02 May 2019, 20:44

I think a far bigger problem centres around the mp for south staffs

either mrs may is right about him(which would be a first) and he is just a self interested turd to join up with so many of the dross( Johnson, fox, leadsom, rees mogg) or she was wrong and is now trying to keep the police out

what a web we weave

farage is nothing but a rabble rouser who has lied at every turn

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 04 May 2019, 11:38

Poshay wrote:
02 May 2019, 08:04
As is so often the case with brexiteers arguments this is clearly a one-eyed approach to reality. It is the mindset fostered by such as the express and mail, where the sound bite does not substantially bear scrutiny, but it is passed along as if it were the full truth. Farage is a master of such rabble rousing

ms onasanya is clearly a local mp who is not worthy of support of any of us. however she was entitled by the rules of the house to cast her vote

however, equally unworthy of our support was mp chris davies, mp for Brecon and Radnor, and also ian paisley jnr mp for north antrim

both of whom were found to have acted illegally

each of these voted the opposite of ms onasanya. by your reckoning none of those two should have been allowed to vote

in which case the result of the motion would have been the same

so often , throughout the brexit debate , the brexiteers arguments have been found to be ill-founded and untrue when put under scrutiny, but the sound bite and the mantra are far more persuasive to those not wanting, or more likely, not able to understand a fully balanced view.
the mai and the express and the sun will continue to produce a one eyed approach, and too many of our electorate will accept it as gospel

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 May 2019, 22:14

...and all remainers are all perfectly correct in everything they say. They know exactly what leaving will bring. Utter disaster, the country will fall into the North Sea never to rise again. Your arguments are always so eloquently put, but you don't know, nobody knows, you can say brexiteers are wrong until the cows come home, but you just don't know.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 07 May 2019, 18:06

As so ever , the point is missed.
I have no problem with people having different views from mine. Where I do have a problem is when people are being fed clearly biased views often in the form of sound bites and mantras, when those people have not taken a balanced view, so often because they are not able to do so . The immediate case in point was the ranting (not yours) that “lying Fiona Onasanya”’s one vote had swung the vote. Clearly other corrupted individuals (tory and DUP MPs) had voted the opposite way. I believe my view, whilst not supporting Fiona’s position for one moment was balanced .

The same principle of a lack of balance applies to all the brexit arguments. Nobody can actually now show evidence that we will be economically better off and this is despite all the promises , soundbites mantras and bus hoardings.

Whenever people tell me that Brexit is a good thing, I will accept their viewpoint as valid provided they have taken a balanced view. I usually ask them to name 5 benefits which will be given up if we do leave. If they are not able to list 5 of those benefits then it is clear to me that they have not taken a balanced view. Usually they have followed the insubstantiated sound bites from fevered sources.

You say none of us know what will happen after brexit. The same applies to climate change. I am not a scientist , but I do trust that well over say 90% of those who know things say it will be a bad thing.
We do not know what exactly will happen, but we do know it will not be good. It will be catastrophic

All the Brexit promises have disappeared into nothingness. They served their purpose. They swayed the easily swayed.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 May 2019, 22:38

Once again you are saying you can see into the future. If you are so sure you must win the lottery every week

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 May 2019, 00:07

When I say it will be catastrophic I am referring to climate change (ie not to brexit)

I follow experts views that it will be catastrophic

I ask that everyone takes a balanced view and not just just follows the sound bites

Anybody who does not take a balanced view is likely to be populist and have views not worthy of consideration

It was populism and simple sound bites and scapegoats that allowed the nazis to be voted in

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 08 May 2019, 07:36

The main problem that the climate change experts are not addressing is population growth. The world's population has doubled in the last 50 years and we are told that climate change is caused by human activity so why not tackle that problem at source. We should begin a world wide (UNO sponsored) sterilisation programme of women after they have had their first child end euthanasia for all adults who are not self sufficient. That should do the trick unpalatable though it may be.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 May 2019, 08:31

Poshay wrote:
08 May 2019, 07:36
The main problem that the climate change experts are not addressing is population growth. The world's population has doubled in the last 50 years and we are told that climate change is caused by human activity so why not tackle that problem at source. We should begin a world wide (UNO sponsored) sterilisation programme of women after they have had their first child end euthanasia for all adults who are not self sufficient. That should do the trick unpalatable though it may be.
:cry:
I have no internet friends

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 08 May 2019, 10:08

trevormans wrote:
08 May 2019, 00:07
Anybody who does not take a balanced view is likely to be populist and have views not worthy of consideration
:stupid:
Being happy never goes out of style