Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

White G

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 29 Mar 2019, 18:20

White G wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 21:56
bristleposh wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 10:08
Exactly, bored with the whole business, we really needed to get the f out of this awful United States of Europe
What exactly is awful about Europe?
Still no actual answer here, just as I thought!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 29 Mar 2019, 18:51

They interfere with our laws, they flood us with criminal gangs, allow illegal immigrants to come to our country, rape our oceans for all the fish, force wages down for the working classes. Need I go on
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

White G

Post by White G » 29 Mar 2019, 20:08

bristleposh wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 18:51
They interfere with our laws, they flood us with criminal gangs, allow illegal immigrants to come to our country, rape our oceans for all the fish, force wages down for the working classes. Need I go on
What EU criminal gangs are there? The Luxembourg Mafia? I think these gangs are mainly from outside the EU. How can EU immigrants be illegal? That doesn't make any sense given there's free movement. If anything, EU citizens do the jobs we don't want to do, or provide assistance to our skills shortages in key areas.

In theory you're correct on the fishing I must admit. The Westminster government have used fishing rights in Brexit negotiations however, and it looks like even after we leave the EU we'll be helpless to this problem.

None of the problems you listed will be solved after Brexit, and some may get worse.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 29 Mar 2019, 22:32

Romanian gangs,who said EU immigrants I was n about the Iranians, Iraqiis, Turks, Afghans, and Africans, who have come all the way across Europe without being stopped until they have a boat crossing the channel. The tried and tested responses as to the jobs we don’t want to do. If the Europeans, the Poles, Czechs, Latvians etc hadn’t done the job for less than the going rate of course Johnny no hope we s not going to give up his benefits to compete. Those that want to work will, but when the pay has been lower than the national minimum wage, only the Eastern European’s take the job, mostly through agencies who have ruined the job market in general.

If all the problems are likely to remain why are you worried about leaving, surely it will be Status Quo.

White G

Post by White G » 30 Mar 2019, 01:13

bristleposh wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 22:32
Romanian gangs,who said EU immigrants I was n about the Iranians, Iraqiis, Turks, Afghans, and Africans, who have come all the way across Europe without being stopped until they have a boat crossing the channel. The tried and tested responses as to the jobs we don’t want to do. If the Europeans, the Poles, Czechs, Latvians etc hadn’t done the job for less than the going rate of course Johnny no hope we s not going to give up his benefits to compete. Those that want to work will, but when the pay has been lower than the national minimum wage, only the Eastern European’s take the job, mostly through agencies who have ruined the job market in general.

If all the problems are likely to remain why are you worried about leaving, surely it will be Status Quo.
Quite simply because whilst these problems won't get better, other problems will get worse! You only have to look at the companies moving production abroad, finance businesses moving to Frankfurt or Dublin, and the pound falling. Even the big-businessmen who support Brexit on the outside are moving funds elsewhere & protecting themselves. Also there's the risk of instability, removal or working rights, lower standard of living due to a weak pound & higher unemployment etc. Not only that, we don't have anyone to reign in the elitist morons who have control right now. I wouldn't mind Brexit so much if I could trust those in charge & if their motives are genuine & selfless. That Mogg character said that we should cope with any financial problems by cashing in on our bonds & shares. Says it all really!!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 30 Mar 2019, 09:11

I recieved this joke the other day but it makes far more sense than all the other ideas put together

Instead of giving the 50 billions of pounds to Eurocrats, that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.
You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:
There are about 10 million people over 50 in the work force.
Pay them £1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire.
Ten million job openings - unemployment fixed

2) They MUST buy a new British car.
Ten million cars ordered - Car Industry fixed

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -
Housing Crisis fixed

4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university -
Crime rate fixed

5) They MUST buy £100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week .....
And there's your money back in duty/tax etc

It can't get any easier than that

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 30 Mar 2019, 19:57

the brexiteers prattle on about laws being imposed on us but nobody has yet told me of any laws which have had a substantial and personal effect on them

the fisheries policy is far more two way than most people understand, as our fishermen will learn when they cannot sell their scallops and langoustine competitively to france and spain, and this is just for starts

the brexit dividend is never mentioned nowadays because the truth is now clear that there is none

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 31 Mar 2019, 23:20

Can Prime Minister Theresa May call an early election or does she need support in Parliament?
It seems to me to be heading the way of an election and a new government to try and sort out the mess.
Being happy never goes out of style

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 Apr 2019, 08:31

tonyp wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 23:20
Can Prime Minister Theresa May call an early election or does she need support in Parliament?
It seems to me to be heading the way of an election and a new government to try and sort out the mess.
that wouldn't solve the problem as the main opposition party hasn't got an electable leader, the weakest Prime Minister in living memory and still she is 14 points clear of the left wing's beloved. A new leader for the Conservatives may improve matters but only if that leader is a strong brexiteer, so it has to be Johnson or Raab.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 01 Apr 2019, 10:36

but Johnson was the worst foreign secretary ever and raab has said he does not believe in human rights or social rights

Johnson was irresponsible as mayor,

and both of them have said what a terrible deal it is , but without any change they would now vote for it solely for personal ambition

ashman

Post by ashman » 01 Apr 2019, 10:41

bristleposh wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 08:31
that wouldn't solve the problem as the main opposition party hasn't got an electable leader, the weakest Prime Minister in living memory and still she is 14 points clear of the left wing's beloved. A new leader for the Conservatives may improve matters but only if that leader is a strong brexiteer, so it has to be Johnson or Raab.
God help us if it turns out to be Johnson. Raab is a former Brexit secretary. What will he bring to the table? What a complete and utter mess! :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 01 Apr 2019, 17:19

I think that Raab is cut out for it!
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 01 Apr 2019, 18:05

I cannot think of anybody in any of the parties who would make a good Prime Minister.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 Apr 2019, 22:47

High time we came out with a no deal, we can sort out any deals once we are out, if that don't suit the mamby pamby liberals then so be it.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 02 Apr 2019, 07:57

bristleposh wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 22:47
High time we came out with a no deal, we can sort out any deals once we are out, if that don't suit the mamby pamby liberals then so be it.
Agreed! My MP has just resigned from the Tory party after his bid for glory was kicked out in the House last night. His constituency voted to leave. What is it about our local MPs, ours was treacherous, Peterborough's is a convicted criminal yet still allowed to vote.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l: