Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

trevormans

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 08 Dec 2018, 09:33

matt404 wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 19:13
bristleposh wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 19:04
Can you explain why you consider that not leaving the EU would be better than the unknown

we are already poorer because of the devaluation of the pound by 15% two days after the referendum

if we did not leave , then immediately the pound would rally

but there is so much more benefit from staying

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Dec 2018, 09:49

matt404 wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 19:13
bristleposh wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 19:04
Can you explain why you consider that not leaving the EU would be better than the unknown

we are already poorer because of the devaluation of the pound by 15% two days after the referendum

if we did not leave , then immediately the pound would rally

but there is so much more benefit from staying
I'd suggest that that is speculation and not fact
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Dec 2018, 10:37

it is the same level of speculation that I posted on this website a couple of weeks before the referendum. it was mocked for being part of "Project Fear"

In due course it happened as predicted. Inflation has risen as a direct and immediate result of that. We are poorer as a result

I do not doubt it would rally if it were announced that we were to stay. it is in the future so it cannot be described as a fact, but all evidence points in that direction

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 08 Dec 2018, 11:33

The Country has voted, we MUST leave and long term will be so much better off without all the restrictions.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Dec 2018, 17:07

but that is certainly speculation and whistling in the dark and hoping for unicorns

there is no evidence that we will be better off

White G

Post by White G » 09 Dec 2018, 21:41

Brianposh wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 11:33
The Country has voted, we MUST leave and long term will be so much better off without all the restrictions.
What restrictions do you want removed? I'm more worried about us losing human rights & workers rights disappearing in order to make the UK less uncompetitive. It's already been discussed by the Tories to reduce our annual leave allowance & give the employee less protection with the absence of EU legislation.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 09 Dec 2018, 22:18

We intend to 're-write' the Human Rights Act to include amongst many things the right to deport convicted/known Terrorists with or without a family which at present we are not allowed to do.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Dec 2018, 09:26

...and this morning the European Court have backed a Scottish plan to permit us to remain if their is no deal, thus kicking those in the teeth that voted to leave, another one of the reasons they wanted to leave. Perhaps that"bloody woman" should be allowed to have another vote on leaving the UK, and allowing the English to vote in such an election as it effects us too.

White G

Post by White G » 10 Dec 2018, 13:12

bristleposh wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 09:26
...and this morning the European Court have backed a Scottish plan to permit us to remain if their is no deal, thus kicking those in the teeth that voted to leave, another one of the reasons they wanted to leave. Perhaps that"bloody woman" should be allowed to have another vote on leaving the UK, and allowing the English to vote in such an election as it effects us too.
Maybe England need Scotland to bail us out again :

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 9704763718

Interestingly, this article wasn't published in the Scottish edition as the Scottish people are continually being told that there's no money left in oil, while new discoveries & developments are deliberately kept quiet by the media.

It's interesting as throughout the 2014 Scottish Referendum, the Scots were told that voting "Yes" would result in leaving the EU & a hard border in place with England, with threats to make life difficult for us, moving jobs south, trade issues etc.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, with Westminster crying for everything that they threatened when they were the dominant power. The hypocrisy is incredible!

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 10 Dec 2018, 20:04

The Commons vote has been delayed to some unknown date in the future. May is just delaying the inevitable.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 10 Dec 2018, 20:32

Brianposh wrote:
09 Dec 2018, 22:18
We intend to 're-write' the Human Rights Act to include amongst many things the right to deport convicted/known Terrorists with or without a family which at present we are not allowed to do.
It's only a minor detail of course but the European convention for human rights (and hence the human rights act) is nothing to do With the EU

I suppose it's all foreigners of course and brexit was driven by such inaccuracies

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Dec 2018, 20:44

trevormans wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 20:32
Brianposh wrote:
It's only a minor detail of course but the European convention for human rights (and hence the human rights act) is nothing to do With the EU

I suppose it's all foreigners of course and brexit was driven by such inaccuracies
So what you are saying everyone who voted to leave must be racist. I suppose a lot are, but then given the behaviour of some who groom children, chop the heads of soldiers and set bombs on the underground, who can blame them, I know leaving nag the EU wouldn't stop those that are guilty of such atrocities.
However even the most ardent of remainders can't deny that the EU was milking us for billions.

White G

Post by White G » 10 Dec 2018, 21:01

bristleposh wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 20:44
trevormans wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 20:32
Brianposh wrote:

So what you are saying everyone who voted to leave must be racist. I suppose a lot are, but then given the behaviour of some who groom children, chop the heads of soldiers and set bombs on the underground, who can blame them, I know leaving nag the EU wouldn't stop those that are guilty of such atrocities.
However even the most ardent of remainders can't deny that the EU was milking us for billions.
Do the immigrants who cause these attrocities come from EU countries? Will leaving the EU stop this?

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 10 Dec 2018, 21:11

Not for one moment would I say that all brexit voters are racist although a number of ukip supporters are clearly of that persuasion especially when farage seems as too much that way

Many of them however have not thought things through

Yes we spend net about 8.5 billions into the EU but get so much more back to boost our GDP and so many other things

This is why the no deal will cost us about 7.9%
From our GDP
This 130 pounds pppa is incredibly good value

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Dec 2018, 21:27

White G wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 21:01
bristleposh wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 20:44

So what you are saying everyone who voted to leave must be racist. I suppose a lot are, but then given the behaviour of some who groom children, chop the heads of soldiers and set bombs on the underground, who can blame them, I know leaving nag the EU wouldn't stop those that are guilty of such atrocitieo.
Do the immigrants who cause these attrocities come from EU countries? Will leaving the EU stop this?
I suppose the bit in blue went over your head