Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 30 Jul 2018, 16:26

The entire quote was about the fake news., every day is a different scaremongering quote. Nobody knows what will happen que sera sera.

If you believe you are right all the time you are a bogger moron than most people give you credit for being. To say the young know more than the old is ridiculous, and doesnt really deserve a response.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 31 Jul 2018, 12:13

unless I am mistaken, I don't think it was said that the young know more than the old

it is self evidently true that in general terms the older amongst us have experienced more than the young

however it is also surely true that many of the older look back on things past as "the good old days"

when we saw off the beastly hun, when the world map was mostly pink, the long hot summers, when life expectancy was in the low 70's even after retirement, the days when we were subsidised by our exploitation of our empire, when we won the world cup, the halcyon days before windrush etc etc

what they never mention is how so many diseases were rampant,how bigotry of of so many was the norm (irish, blacks, homosexuals, women, et al) how bland our food was, how major european wars are now a thing of the past, how we were seen off by nasser for what we were , when the daily mail preached appeasement , when overseas travel was going to the isle of wight, when good quality education was restricted to the wealthy few, when hanging, even of the innocents, was allowed, when we looked in awe of USA, when back street abortionists were the only choice for a "girl in trouble", when women could not sign a contract without the husband's permission,when ministers were almost invariably of the patrician class, when being seen and not heard was accepted as the norm , when a judge could say " would you want your servant to read it", and so many other things

it is surely a good thing that the youth of today have a different perspective, for the world will soon be theirs, and we will be off the planet

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 31 Jul 2018, 15:53

What you say is true, I imagine tje stories coming put about virulent diseases like gonnoreah will become more widespread when brexit finally kicls in. Homosexuality will become compulsary. It will cost us a fortune to go to Spain for our summer holidays. Supermarkets will have no products on the shelf.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 31 Jul 2018, 16:05

many a true word is spoken in jest

already overseas holidays are to be 15% more expensive since the devaluation immediately following 23 june 2016.

so when the idiot mogg says food will be cheaper he forgets the devaluation

travel insurance will be far more difficult for those of us with ongoing illnesses/ complaints because the EHIC may not be valid

supermarkets will have products on the shelf, but availability and pricing will be against us

i think heterosexuality will still be an option , and gonorrhoea is far too difficult to spell anyway

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Aug 2018, 11:14

If the idiot Johnson's latest rantings do not disqualify him as a rival to Mrs May, then I am not sure what would. I am clear that many will quote his words as if they are the words of a great sage. They are not

He is continually a self interested catastrophe waiting to happen and should be substantially disciplined by his party if he refuses to apologise (as blessed Theresa has said). The sadness is that many supporters of the Tory party (I believe no less " -phobic" than the similarly disastrous Labour party) will revere his overeducated, cosseted, privileged buffoonery as if it were a substitute for statesmanship.

It is not. It is shameful as so many of his self-serving prattle has been. No surprise that the Foreign Office celebrated when he resigned. The further shame was that blessed Theresa did not have the testicular fortitude to sack him.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Aug 2018, 15:14

trevormans wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 11:14
If the idiot Johnson's latest rantings do not disqualify him as a rival to Mrs May, then I am not sure what would. I am clear that many will quote his words as if they are the words of a great sage. They are not

He is continually a self interested catastrophe waiting to happen and should be substantially disciplined by his party if he refuses to apologise (as blessed Theresa has said). The sadness is that many supporters of the Tory party (I believe no less " -phobic" than the similarly disastrous Labour party) will revere his overeducated, cosseted, privileged buffoonery as if it were a substitute for statesmanship.

It is not. It is shameful as so many of his self-serving prattle has been. No surprise that the Foreign Office celebrated when he resigned. The further shame was that blessed Theresa did not have the testicular fortitude to sack him.
Cobblers, nothing wrong with what he said, he was supporting oppressed women, they are forced to look like postboxes by arrogant males who think they are better than women, disgusting people.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Aug 2018, 15:47

as you say , cobblers.

if he has not got the brain to speak with diplomatic language , if all he wants to do is put forward the view of "don't forget me ," if he is as utterly incompetent as he showed himself to be as Foreign secretary, then he should be seen off for what he is . a self seeking, unprincipled clown who cannot be trusted

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Aug 2018, 17:24

As you can imagine I'm not going to agree with you. It's high time politicians said it as it is, pussyfooting around taboo subjects in case of offending people. Trump does it in America and the Yanks love him. High time this country woke up to smell the coffee and accept that the majority of people in this country don't want Sharia Law in this country at all.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Aug 2018, 19:18

as you say , we will not agree. He is not taking on taboo subjects manfully , he is playing to those in the tory party and beyond who think the daily mail is too left wing. He is pushing himself forward, despite his utter incompetence, to appeal to those who might vote for him should an election come along. Not surprisingly he is not available to answer questions on his piece.
One of the many problems with brexit is that many voted for it to, eg, stop sharia law and to stop places stinking of curry (as was said in a previous post by someone) (not you). As you know Brexit will have no bearing on such things, but farage gove and co don't care. They got in their dogwhistle sound bite and that is all that is needed to lead the masses by the nose.

What I will say, though, i if you read my earlier post (to which you said cobblers) I am not sure which words or sentences (there are nine sentences which ones?) you could actually disagree with

daib0

Post by daib0 » 08 Aug 2018, 20:33

trevormans wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 16:28
tooposhforwords wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 00:16
trevormans wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 21:17
by far blairs biggest mistake and utterly stupid and misguided

but the falklands war, paraded as a triumph, was totally avoidable

thatchers legacy is social division
One of our most liberal politicians actually. Not forgetting that a junta in control of Argentina wanting to re-claim an island that they didn’t care much about prior to the event. What was she to do after the invasion?

Thatcher’s legacy was one of individual rights, a reformed economy and an end to zealous nationalised industry leaders and its unions. Far more positives than negatives.

I genuinely do not see how she advanced individual rights,

you and I agree that she transformed the economy (you feel it improved things, i believe it caused social division), i see far more negatives than positives, and we now have nationalised industries from overseas owning our privatised industries! our councils are now paying exorbitant housing benefit to landlords who have acquired the sold off council houses. bonkers!!

with regard to the falklands war , what was she to do after the invasion? carrington resigned , so should she have done! on account of her total incompetence.

We then had to get them back, and our forces did a good job.

although a thousand people lost their lives in the process

in 1978 david owen sent the gun boats round the island and galtieri backed off. thatcher withdrew the south atlantic fleet thus sending an open invitation to invade
and if I remember correctly Britain was afterwards paying 1/3 of a million pounds EVERY day keeping the security of the islands safe and this for many a year! Would be interesting to learn what we pay today!
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

White G

Post by White G » 08 Aug 2018, 20:38

It's extremely dangerous to know that anyone thinks Johnson could be a good leader. He puts on an act that he's one of us but in reality he's anything but. He's a selfish, self-centred aristocrat who's terribly out of touch with society. His vanity project is more important than the people he's supposed to represent, butility he doesn't really care about us.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Aug 2018, 20:53

trevormans wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 19:18
as you say , we will not agree. He is not taking on taboo subjects manfully , he is playing to those in the tory party and beyond who think the daily mail is too left wing. He is pushing himself forward, despite his utter incompetence, to appeal to those who might vote for him should an election come along. Not surprisingly he is not available to answer questions on his piece.
One of the many problems with brexit is that many voted for it to, eg, stop sharia law and to stop places stinking of curry (as was said in a previous post by someone) (not you). As you know Brexit will have no bearing on such things, but farage gove and co don't care. They got in their dogwhistle sound bite and that is all that is needed to lead the masses by the nose.

What I will say, though, i if you read my earlier post (to which you said cobblers) I am not sure which words or sentences (there are nine sentences which ones?) you could actually disagree with
For a starter he has nothing to apologise for, he would make by far a better leader than May. He’s far from being incompetent. That’s three out of seven, I don’t mind the smell of curry, have Indians for next door neighbours, Hindu I think certainly not Sikh or Muslim, what I personally disapprove of is the way the men of the Muslim faith treat women as second class citizens, forcing them to wear items of clothing like the burka, there is nothing wrong with Saris etc.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Aug 2018, 22:56

Perhaps you could list 3 expressions of competence when he was foreign secretary
Perhaps you could give some indications of how he has leadership qualities
Perhaps he should apologise for embarrassing the Tory party, for playing into the hands of the extreme right with such intemperate and undiplomatic language, perhaps he should apologise for insulting so many fellow citizen by comparing them to bank robbers

I feel we will never agree and should on this agree to differ, at least till the next spat!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Aug 2018, 08:02

trevormans wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 22:56
Perhaps you could list 3 expressions of competence when he was foreign secretary
Perhaps you could give some indications of how he has leadership qualities
Perhaps he should apologise for embarrassing the Tory party, for playing into the hands of the extreme right with such intemperate and undiplomatic language, perhaps he should apologise for insulting so many fellow citizen by comparing them to bank robbers

I feel we will never agree and should on this agree to differ, at least till the next spat!
Indeed, but have you noticed how people in crash helmets are not allowed to go into banks, or to pay for petrol in garages. When travelling through a British Airport, people have to take off their glasses to go through the automated passport control. How are people supposed to understand what is beneath the hoody. It could be a terrorist for example.
Talking of airports, I wonder why there is so much security, anything to do with 9/11, wasn't that something to do with why members of the human race can no longer take a bottle of water through security, and places like WH Smith can charge extortionate prices for products like water and milk (99p for 1 pint, available most places just over a £1 for 4 pints).

White G

Post by White G » 09 Aug 2018, 16:02

The burka issue is a sideshow and has been cleverly engineered by Johnson to make people think he is speaking for them. This isn't important on the scale of things though:

Do not judge Brexiteers by their words, judge them by their actions.

• Jacob Rees-Mogg - setting up funds in Ireland to maintain access to the EU for his wealthy investment class mates.

• John Redwood - Advising investors to get their cash out of Britain before the Brexit crash, whilst simultaneously propagandising in favour of "no deal" Brexit in The S*n.

• Nigel Lawson - Applying for French residency so that he can maintain the personal benefits of Free Movement, while the British public lose theirs.

• Michael Ashcroft - Promoting Malta as a great destination for investors to move their cash when the Brexit meltdown hits.

• Nigel Farage - Bagging German passports for his kids so that they can continue to benefit from Free Movement while millions of British kids lose the travel/work/study opportunities that it provides.

• And now Jim Ratcliffe (Brexiteer and Britain's richest man) leaving the UK to set himself up in the tax haven of Monaco.

All of these right-wing Brexiteers have masses of wealth to protect themselves from the economic ruination of the rapidly approaching Tory Brexit shambles they helped to inflict on the rest of us.

But ensuring they're alright while the poor and ordinary carry the burden of their destructive economic policies has always been the Tory way hasn't it? Just look at austerity dogma.