Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Post Reply
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25573
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Back in Brizzle innit

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 02 May 2017, 09:04

White G wrote:30 points on Theresa May:

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk ... -tory.html
An Independent blogger, I'd say a left wing blogger, it's easy to knock without coming up with credible alternatives, I have seen Labour governments led by Wilson and Callaghan, obviously Brown and Bliar don't count as they were Tory in all but name, life was not pleasant and unsurprisingly it led to massive debt, you just can't run a country and not make the books balance. The more in debt you become the more open you become to pressure from external sources. You can spout all the sources you want, none will convince me that life would be better under Fidel Corbyn. He is not an idiot he is just misguided.
Image

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1654
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 02 May 2017, 11:32

The Tories have got us into more debt than Labour ever have. Look at the stats and you'll see that the books clearly don't balance. Again you're programmed to follow their propaganda. Don't worry though, you're not the only one.

Anyway, can you actually counter any of the criticisms raised?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25573
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Back in Brizzle innit

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 02 May 2017, 11:46

White G wrote:The Tories have got us into more debt than Labour ever have. Look at the stats and you'll see that the books clearly don't balance. Again you're programmed to follow their propaganda. Don't worry though, you're not the only one.

Anyway, can you actually counter any of the criticisms raised?
I certainly can't all of them however are left wing propaganda, as for the bigger debt obviously with the increase in inflation it is going to show higher than Labour left it, the rise is at a lesser rate.
Image

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13954
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by stuie » 02 May 2017, 18:22

I think all 30 points are valid, however lets be honest, what is the answer

I actually think that we do need a middle way

not TONY BLAIR, or the Lib Dems,but the right wing of the intellectual labour party, need to be honest, they do not believe in what the left wing of the labour party, or in what the majority of the labour members believe

So for me, I vote for my local Conservative MP, I hope Conservatives get a massive majority, and from the ashes a new dynamic middle party is founded

I am fortunate to be retired etc etc, I would be hapy to pay more taxes

the three most important things for me are

The health service
Education
Care for the Elderly

for these to be revived the overriding goal has to be the management of the economy

Jeremy Corbyn, is not fit to manager this

I have said for a long time capitalism as we know it does not work, nor does communism

I have no answer

we will leave Europe, so lets start building the new way

VOTE FOR STUIE
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1654
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 02 May 2017, 21:15

Stuie, good to see you still on here mate! You're right in that the UK needs a fit leader and I can understand your concerns about Corbyn. I however have extremely grave concerns about May being fit enough for the job. Her abysmal, humiliating efforts to negotiate a good Brexit deal have made us a laughing stock already, while her cowardice when facing the pubic shows that she's anything but a strong leader. The right-wing media support her and prefer to focus on Labour's crisis, but let's not forget that the Tories are divided too. Division about Brexit, internal concerns about the party's direction, and the forthcoming electoral fraud scandal show it's not all a bed of roses.

Coupled with the fact that the Tories have gone so far to the right, it's a scary time. The fact that their current manifesto mirrors the BNP's one in 2005, show's how much a nation has changed. Even the House of Lords has had to keep them in check and I fear an even bigger majority would be more dangerous.

No matter your allegiance, it's important to have a healthy opposition in order to stop a dictatorship forming. Living in Scotland, I'll be voting SNP as they're the only party who are in touch with the people they represent. They're far from perfect but are definitely more humane and selfless than the Tory millionaires club.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13954
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by stuie » 02 May 2017, 23:16

White G wrote:Stuie, good to see you still on here mate! You're right in that the UK needs a fit leader and I can understand your concerns about Corbyn. I however have extremely grave concerns about May being fit enough for the job. Her abysmal, humiliating efforts to negotiate a good Brexit deal have made us a laughing stock already, while her cowardice when facing the pubic shows that she's anything but a strong leader. The right-wing media support her and prefer to focus on Labour's crisis, but let's not forget that the Tories are divided too. Division about Brexit, internal concerns about the party's direction, and the forthcoming electoral fraud scandal show it's not all a bed of roses.

Coupled with the fact that the Tories have gone so far to the right, it's a scary time. The fact that their current manifesto mirrors the BNP's one in 2005, show's how much a nation has changed. Even the House of Lords has had to keep them in check and I fear an even bigger majority would be more dangerous.

No matter your allegiance, it's important to have a healthy opposition in order to stop a dictatorship forming. Living in Scotland, I'll be voting SNP as they're the only party who are in touch with the people they represent. They're far from perfect but are definitely more humane and selfless than the Tory millionaires club.
Welcome back

I assume you are English, as you support the posh

This is how bad politics has got, friends of mine both English and Welsh, who reside in Scotland are now supporting the SNP

A new way is required
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

trevormans
Posts: 137
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 03 May 2017, 14:42

"as for the bigger debt obviously with the increase in inflation it is going to show higher than Labour left it, the rise is at a lesser rate." says bristle

if that is what you believe to be the explanation as to why the debt has doubled since 2010 (with an "obviously " thrown in) then one might reasonably believe that you have no understanding of economics at all , and that you just parrot the prattle that is put out by right wing press. inflation has had barely any effect on the national debt at all.
clown osborne took over a national debt of some 800 billions in 2010. it is now around 1.6 trillion.

long term economic plan ???

strong stable government???

this is indicative of how easily the masses were misled over brexit

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25573
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Back in Brizzle innit

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 03 May 2017, 15:14

trevormans wrote:"as for the bigger debt obviously with the increase in inflation it is going to show higher than Labour left it, the rise is at a lesser rate." says bristle

if that is what you believe to be the explanation as to why the debt has doubled since 2010 (with an "obviously " thrown in) then one might reasonably believe that you have no understanding of economics at all , and that you just parrot the prattle that is put out by right wing press. inflation has had barely any effect on the national debt at all.
clown osborne took over a national debt of some 800 billions in 2010. it is now around 1.6 trillion.

long term economic plan ???

strong stable government???

this is indicative of how easily the masses were misled over brexit
I have no interest in Economics, my interest waned when I learnt that Milton Keynes is just an amalgamation of two Economists. As for it doubling I blame the coalition.
Image

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1654
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 04 May 2017, 08:23

trevormans wrote:"as for the bigger debt obviously with the increase in inflation it is going to show higher than Labour left it, the rise is at a lesser rate." says bristle

if that is what you believe to be the explanation as to why the debt has doubled since 2010 (with an "obviously " thrown in) then one might reasonably believe that you have no understanding of economics at all , and that you just parrot the prattle that is put out by right wing press. inflation has had barely any effect on the national debt at all.
clown osborne took over a national debt of some 800 billions in 2010. it is now around 1.6 trillion.

long term economic plan ???

strong stable government???

this is indicative of how easily the masses were misled over brexit
Spot on Trev, the media feed people what they want them to believe. As you say, national debt has ballooned under the Tories but you hear very little. All we're getting is cowardly, controlled appearances by May where there's no off the cuff questions and she repeats the same old rubbish like a robot about how we need strong leadership. Her meeting with Juncker is yet another disaster in her woeful reign so far. It's astronomical how anybody can brand Thersa as a "strong" leader.

Some of the people on here are clearly Daily Express readers Trev, it's a shame that so many can be controlled by the propaganda on the media.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25573
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Back in Brizzle innit

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 04 May 2017, 08:38

What a load of tosh, have never read the Express, since I stopped working for the Mail I haven't read that paper, it goes without saying I don't read The Sun. You both must cuddle up reading your copies of The Morning Star. The French elections should teach us something about media intrusion. Let Pen has no chance of winning against the odds, oh dear I'm being racist again.
Image

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1654
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 04 May 2017, 16:57

Major paranoia Bristle! "Some of the people", doesn't b necessarily mean yourself. Paranoid, angry, aggressive, whats the matter Bristle? I remember the days when you were only mildly obnoxious!! We miss that old fella.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25573
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Back in Brizzle innit

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 04 May 2017, 18:53

The only things that annoy me are people coming on the board as newbies and immediately start picking on old established posters like Tony, myself, Dave Lister, Ashman, TopCat, nipper and the departed Pete Wass. We are not a clique but are often accused of being such, we are friends as are many others who appear regularly on the board, who make themselves known to each other at matches. Despite my banishment from the other site I have many friends on there too.
Image

trevormans
Posts: 137
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 05 May 2017, 16:01

cripes who are these newbies. ? we ought to biff them for being so naughty
what is a newby?
what twisted criterion defines a newby?

and are they really not allowed to challenge untrue facts and racist views from people who have been on this website a couple of years longer than the alleged newbies have been on the website?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25573
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Back in Brizzle innit

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 05 May 2017, 16:28

trevormans wrote:cripes who are these newbies. ? we ought to biff them for being so naughty
what is a newby?
what twisted criterion defines a newby?

and are they really not allowed to challenge untrue facts and racist views from people who have been on this website a couple of years longer than the alleged newbies have been on the website?
I was not referring to you as well you know, the ones I refer to are superposh, chompy, white g, bungie, etc. It is one thing to call me a racist, I do make some appalling statements at times, I feel it is lack of forethought rather than malicious though. I don't know why people pick up on my racist comments because I think in fairness I'm just as sexist and homophobic at times. Most is said in jest but I forget that people who are politically correct have generally speaking had a sense of humour bypass.
Image

tooposhforwords
Posts: 338
Joined: 01 Feb 2010, 13:06

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by tooposhforwords » 05 May 2017, 22:37

You should welcome the diversity of opinion considering the pathetic amount of regular contributors on this forum.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest